z

Young Writers Society

Story Idea

200 Reviews

Reviews: 200
Thu Jun 30, 2016 12:08 pm
kman134 says...

Hey guys, i just had a story idea and want to know what you think.

Okay, so the story is a post-apocalyptic one set in the year 2045 AD where, after a melange of World War III, supernatural occurrences, cybernetic revolts, and plagues, the earth had become a devastated wasteland. Zachary Arakida--a Japanese American Abnormal who takes on certain jobs to survive (mercenary/bounty hunter/Courier)--wanders the former United States with an existential want of finding the reason why he's still alive while meeting certain people--good and bad--and learning more about his powers. He, also, has to deal with the bizarre elements born after the war, such as hordes of cannibals, amorous mutants, sentient and/or insane robots, alien explorers, and a new race of hive-minded beings called the "Hive".

Now, the cause of the Apocalypse was a result of the U.S., China, and Russia against each other, starting in 2018 and caused by the United States sabotaging several industrial facilities, military uproars, and spying on leaders of said nations. Pacific countries (Japan, Vietnam, Philippines, Malaysia, Indonesia) have been occupied by American forces, turning them into the "Pacific Wall" and used as a front against China, which also resulted in Asian American groups to form in protest of the Wall. China establishes a network of laser satellites that vaporized New York, Las Angeles, and other major cities. Russia and China builds a series of robotic, AI war machines to use against the U.S., which America does the same against the two until they developed self-awareness and sapience, postulating that humans are too violent to live and must be wipe out for the continuity of the Earth. Russia unleashes a epidemic, resulting in the death of 20% of the human race while also creating mutants. Finally the world ends with three factions calling nuclear strike.

In this world, a sub-group of humans called "Abnormals" exist who possess certain psychokinetic powers brought on by chemical hormone exposure in modern day food. Certain places, such as Hollywood and Salt Lake City, are restored and become independent city-states. Some areas in the wasteland are inhabited by cannibals, some even to the point where a community of them are taking refuge in an abandoned food-processing plant, capturing settlers and treating them like cattle, killing and butchering the men and using the women for breeding more meat. There's also an enclave of androids and gynoids who developed human emotions and defected from the machines before doomsday. Now, the Hive are an unusual munch as they are not mutants, but a new species created through human augmentation; they are hairless, agendered, telekinetic, and possess a hive-mind, and wish to wipe humanity. Lastly, after the world ended, God left Heaven in self-exile, which Zachary learned from a couple of angel explorers sent to investigate the state of the Earth. Also, a group of Alien scientists (botanist, engineer, biologist, cartographer, geologist, and ecologist) encounter Zachary and his party, who saves them from a group of cyborg bandits that wanted to sell the latter to slavers, along with their ship. Oh yeah, and bullets are now a currency in certain cities and settlements.

So, yeah, tell me what you all think and can you give me some suggestion?

212 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 212
Thu Jun 30, 2016 2:16 pm
birk says...

Very interesting! Quite reminiscent of the Fallout series.

You brought a lot of different things into this, which I love, kind of like a melting pot of ideas. The whole bit with God is interesting. I'd want to read on. Though I wouldn't put too much focus on that bit though, it's more in the background?

You should start writing on it! See if you'll love it.
"I never saved anything for the swim back."

Do not mistake coincidence for fate. - Mr Eko

they're selling razor blades and mirrors in the street

200 Reviews

Reviews: 200
Thu Jun 30, 2016 10:44 pm
kman134 says...

Yeah, i didn't really intend it to be a reminiscent to fallout, but i'm not surprise that people see it that way.

Anyway, for background, the environment would be just like any post-apocalyptic world: devastated building, barren soil, wreckage of cars and fallen planes scattered across the landscapes. N there had some geologic changes brought on by several earthquakes and sea level rising, such as Florida breaking off and becoming an island, some new mountains surging in former flat areas like the Great Basin & Sacramento, "seas" of lava flowing out of Northern California, and several geologic arch bridges forming and connecting landscapes together. Also, once in a while, there are occurrences of nuclear winter and also certain areas seeping with radioactive waste.

For the "bizarre" aspect of the background, you have the ethereal night skies, glowing blue lakes (not radioactive) across what use to be Tennessee, the wailing of souls emitting from the abandoned cities, and thunderstorms where the thunder strikes much more frequently than normal thunderstorms.

Anyway, thanks for replying to my topic and hope you have a nice day.

A man hears what he wants to hear and disregards the rest.
— Paul Simon