z

Young Writers Society

Need help Editing!

48 Reviews

Reviews: 48
Tue Dec 31, 2013 12:47 am
sbitonti says...

Recently, I've been struggling with religion, faith, etc. I am trying to write a poem and express, mainly, discouragement and anger. I will have the link to the WriterFeed pad below. It really is the most difficult to write a poem on a subject you feel so strongly about. Usually, I do commendable work with imagery, etc. But I am at a loss for trying to convey what I really want to convey!! Frustrated and in need of a helping hand.

Also, I am asking for help on a forum rather than publishing the poem on this site, because of certain formatting issues we are all aware of! :wink:

Link here: http://writerfeedpad.com/3zMwB7bdlm

48 Reviews

Reviews: 48
Tue Dec 31, 2013 12:51 am
sbitonti says...

please message me or reply if you are interested!

170 Reviews

Reviews: 170
Tue Dec 31, 2013 2:29 am
yubbies21 says...

I replied on the writerfeedpad! :)
beep

22 Reviews

Reviews: 22
Sat Jan 04, 2014 3:12 am
View Likes
InTheTrees says...

My creative writing teacher tells us this story a lot;
There was a famous poet at a book signing. A young man came up to him, and said "I want to express my feelings to the world, should I become a poet?" The famous poet said, "No, become a musician."
Another young man came up to him later on during the signing and said "I really love to play with words, but I have trouble expressing my emotions in my writing. Should I be a poet?"
The famous poet said, "Yes! Poetry is all about wordplay, about beautiful language. Don't force a message, it will come out as you play."

I hope this helps a little. Basically, if you really need to get something off of your chest, poetry isn't the answer. Maybe try lyrics, or journaling. But if these feelings are truly in your heart, they will find a way out without being forced.

Patience is the strength of the weak, impatience is the weakness of the strong.
— Immanuel Kant, Philosopher