z

Young Writers Society

ryhming isnt to hard is it?..

118 Reviews

Reviews: 118
Sat Mar 29, 2008 4:16 pm
myfreindsavamp says...

Just have fun with it and you'll do fine.
-em
We've all been broken in some way. It's just how we express it that makes us dffrent form eachother.

“This precious book of love, this unbound lover,
To beautify him only lacks a cover.”
~William Shakespeare, The Tragedy of Romeo and Juliet

3821 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 3821
Sun Mar 30, 2008 9:37 pm
Snoink says...

The problem of course is that it quickly becomes unfun after years of struggling with a poem. ;)
Ubi caritas est vera, Deus ibi est.

"The mark of your ignorance is the depth of your belief in injustice and tragedy. What the caterpillar calls the end of the world, the Master calls the butterfly." ~ Richard Bach

Moth and Myth <- My comic! :D

1464 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1464
Sun Mar 30, 2008 9:48 pm
JabberHut says...

Whenever I want to rhyme [you spelled it wrong in the title!], I can never think of what word rhymes. :lol: I go to www.rhymezone.com and figure out my rhyming words from there. But yeah, I have a lot of fun with rhyming. It makes poetry easier for me to read, with that rhythm. I dunno, I can't work the odd line breaks in the middle of sentences. Lol.

I'll probably be able to some time in the future if I give it another go. ^^
I make my own policies.

317 Reviews

Reviews: 317
Mon Mar 31, 2008 8:07 am
mizz-iceberg says...

rhyming IS hard for me. But sometimes I do fine. Go through my profile and all my poems and you'll there are only a few that rhyme. Sometimes when people rhyme their poems it seems forced. That happens to me a lot. And I don't like that. The word that rhymes o the previous last word in the line, should feel as if it belongs and there is no other word that can substitute it. you get what i mean?

And when I start writing a poem that rhymes, I get stuck trying to think up of words that rhyme that I am not able to properly convey the message i have through my poem.

I truly look at writer who can write perfect rhyming poetry.
Bravo you people! What's the secret?
I'm a godmother, that's a great thing to be, a godmother. She calls me god for short, that's cute, I taught her that.
--Ellen DeGeneres

112 Reviews

Reviews: 112
Tue Apr 01, 2008 8:12 pm
oneeyedunicornhunter says...

NO WAY

i have never had any serious trouble with rhyming. i love to do it, i love to read it, i even love it when i accidentally rhyme when having a normal conversation(what? doesn't that ever happen to anybody else?).

rhyming can make the poems that would otherwise seem pointless feel like it's ingenius. and when a poem that would have been powerful without rhyming has it, it can blow the mind away and leave the reader basking in the beauty of the poet's verses.

maybe i'm just a natural (i sometimes annoy my poetically challenged girl friend by making everything i say to her rhyme), but in my opinion it's really not all that hard.

Reviews: 2
Fri Apr 04, 2008 2:31 pm
wacko1574 says...

i dont always try to rhyme my poetry...sometimes it does flow well when it isnt rhymed...more powerful....again thats what i think
"The people who are most happy....are the ones with least reason to be so".................SARA

118 Reviews

Sun Apr 13, 2008 1:28 am
myfreindsavamp says...

true true...
We've all been broken in some way. It's just how we express it that makes us dffrent form eachother.

506 Reviews

Reviews: 506
Sun Apr 13, 2008 1:53 am
Sureal says...

Forced rhyming is easy.

Good rhyming, not so much.
I wrote the above just for you.

118 Reviews

Sun Apr 13, 2008 1:58 am
myfreindsavamp says...

Ya...

I randomly ryme myself but its kinda weird with odd senaryoes and such...

137 Reviews

Reviews: 137
Tue May 13, 2008 5:34 am
Summerless says...

I don't think rhyming is too hard but getting the right rhythm is the challenge.

192 Reviews

Reviews: 192
Wed Aug 20, 2008 1:48 am
Livinginfantasy says...

Summerless wrote:I don't think rhyming is too hard but getting the right rhythm is the challenge.

Yeah, that's what I think.

I have to be in a certain mood to be able to rhyme well. And it has to fit. Do know if I'm making sense; but there are some pieces out there that even though it has some great rhyming, it's better without.

122 Reviews

Reviews: 122
Mon Dec 15, 2008 7:04 pm
WaterVyper says...

No, rhyming isn't at all hard for me. I usually find lots of rhymes to a word I need. And yes, rhymezone.com helps. A lot. However, the hard part for me is choosing which words to use. I don't want to make the rhyming sound forced, nor do I really want to remake the lines if there's a part of it I didn't like. I remember rewriting a poem because I had to change the rhyme scheme halfway through.
There once was a cat.
He wasn’t particularly fat.
Fuzzy was his favorite mat.
And really, that was that.

Oh, but did you really think so?
Keep reading, it’s just the start of the show!
And as for how far this tale will go…
Well, even the cat doesn’t know.

83 Reviews

Reviews: 83
Mon Dec 15, 2008 8:37 pm
Raimunda says...

I havd heard of a mythial object called a Rhyming Dictionary, which contains hundreds upon thousands of rhymes. Tis the stuff of ledgend!
I just hit my computer
Because it was being slow
I need my daily Smallville fix
And it will not load the video.

You know how hard it is to feel like an extreme falcon-headed combat machine when somebody calls you "chicken man"?
— Rick Riordan, The Red Pyramid