Pat Buchanan
1%

Total votes : 163

425 Reviews

Reviews: 425
Mon Feb 26, 2007 4:34 am
Nate says...

Heh, the kangaroos will be gone in 24 hrs :P

I just remembered this, but one of the old logos for YWS had a dragon in it. I'll have to dredge up that logo, but it was only used for two weeks or so because Bobo came up with a much better one (not the current one mind ya).

820 Reviews

Reviews: 820
Mon Feb 26, 2007 9:37 am
Myth says...

I voted for Kangeroo!
.: ₪ :.

'...'

221 Reviews

Reviews: 221
Mon Feb 26, 2007 10:15 am
Elelel says...

MONKEY!!!

Dear God not a kangaroo.
Oh, you're angry! Click your pen.
--Music and Lyrics

701 Reviews

Reviews: 701
Mon Feb 26, 2007 10:53 am
bubblewrapped says...

I swear, I'll stop coming to YWS if we have a kangaroo mascot.

Only joking. JOKING! But really. They make my eyes hurt **shoots kangaroos**

Dragons are just...weird. Kangaroos, while original, annoy the hell outta me for some reason. So I'm a Monkey all the way. Haha.
Got a poem or short story you want me to critique?

There is only one success: to be able to spend your life in your own way, and not to give others absurd maddening claims upon it. (C D Morley)

558 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 558
Mon Feb 26, 2007 9:24 pm
Matt Bellamy says...

I'd say yes for kangaroos if it was, like, an aussie based site or something, I suppose. But dragon FTW!
Matt.

Got Tumblr? Me too! http://www.writersam.co.uk

Peeking Cat Poetry Magazine is accepting submissions! http://peekingcatpoetrymagazine.blogspot.co.uk

594 Reviews

Reviews: 594
Tue Feb 27, 2007 12:36 am
Crysi says...

Okay, I can't stand the kangaroos. *laughs* If we can't have dragons, I'll go for monkeys. I don't even really mind. I mean, the monkey theme has been there from the start, so that's cool.

I'm just afraid my dragons will eat me if I don't put them first. ;)
Love and Light

147 Reviews

Reviews: 147
Tue Feb 27, 2007 1:21 am
sabradan says...

NATIVE AMERICAN CHEIFS!!! GRARR!
"He who takes a life...it is as if he has destroyed an entire world....but he who saves one life, it is as if he has saved the world entire" Talmud Sanhedrin 4:5

!Hasta la victoria siempre! (Always, until Victory!)
-Ernesto "Che" Guevarra

163 Reviews

Reviews: 163
Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:30 am
Kit says...

Lemur. I don't know why. It just seems like a lemur kind of place.

Reviews: 0
Tue Feb 27, 2007 4:05 am
Pacific says...

I think dragons are a cliche nowdays. Especially for fantasys (again, no offense! I beg it of you.).

Monkey, man! Monkey's rock! They symbolize our smartness, randomness and utter madness.
It's gotta be like a spider-monkey or something cute and clingy... no gorillas or chimps... well, maybe a chimp... but I prefer a skinny monkey :P.
Ok, I'm rambling again... tell me to shutup...
-Kiley-
The statistics on sanity are that one out of every four Americans is suffering from some form of mental illness. Think of your three best friends. If they're okay, then it's you. - Rita Mae Brown

22 Reviews

Reviews: 22
Tue Feb 27, 2007 4:27 am
darchoco says...

allow me to put some seriousness on the idea. think about this. Monkeys are used as a sign of UTTER STUPIDITY. it would be taken as a joke. Again, with the dragon mascot thing going on, we cant just focus on one subject. Most people are saying monkey because it is random like us. I am sorry to say, SOME OF US ARE NOT RANDOM. We all enjoy it, but sometimes seriousness is needed. And we got to contemplate this. would people want to join a writing website when there is a monkey, of all things, sitting as a mascot. again a say, it is used as a sign of stupidity. It will attract some, while it will repulse others completely. So, on a personal note, I will have to say that none of the top three are great choicem but if anything, the dragon. It is a classic writers insignia and my be cliched, but will attract more of a crowd. I may not be a well known person around here at all, but im still gonna say my piece. the dragon is the best choice. period.
if you were to die today, would you be able to tell yourself that you did everything you wanted and everything you could?
life is a puzzle. want to put it together with me?

163 Reviews

Reviews: 163
Tue Feb 27, 2007 8:04 pm
Kit says...

Not random? That is blasphemy! You take that back, Darchoco

58 Reviews

Reviews: 58
Tue Feb 27, 2007 10:14 pm
Tassen Spellbinder says...

Monkeys are cool, but dragons are cooler.
It was a bright cold day in April, and the clocks were striking thirteen. - George Orwell, 1984

Where in the world is Enoch Root?

576 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 576
Tue Feb 27, 2007 10:58 pm
Ego says...

darchoco wrote:allow me to put some seriousness on the idea. think about this. Monkeys are used as a sign of UTTER STUPIDITY. it would be taken as a joke. Again, with the dragon mascot thing going on, we cant just focus on one subject. Most people are saying monkey because it is random like us. I am sorry to say, SOME OF US ARE NOT RANDOM. We all enjoy it, but sometimes seriousness is needed. And we got to contemplate this. would people want to join a writing website when there is a monkey, of all things, sitting as a mascot. again a say, it is used as a sign of stupidity. It will attract some, while it will repulse others completely. So, on a personal note, I will have to say that none of the top three are great choicem but if anything, the dragon. It is a classic writers insignia and my be cliched, but will attract more of a crowd. I may not be a well known person around here at all, but im still gonna say my piece. the dragon is the best choice. period.

Quite the contrary, actually. Monkeys are intelligent, and are recognized as such. Monkeys are usually recognized as being silly--and that, no matter what anyone else says, describes this place pretty well. We are a rather silly lot, and a monkey as our mascot shows we aren't afraid to poke fun at ourselves, that we aren't so uptight that we must have a big intimidating dragon as our mascot.

Monkeys are not associated with randomness, and neither are we--are are not a "random" crowd--if we were, we wouldn't be writers. This makes perfect sense to me ;) Furthermore, *I* am sorry to say that you're very much mistaken in assuming we all consider ourselves random in the first place ;)

To turn this around a little, you said that monkeys would attract some, while repulse others. I would like to point out that any mascot would do the same--a dragon is likely to repulse people with any sense of a cliche ;), and attract those that like dragons. It seems to me that monkeys, however, symbolize fun-loving, sometimes silly, always adorable beings. Just like us ;) ...And by us, I mean the collective us, as a website. Not any one writer, specifically. And that's what this is all about--what represents us as a website? Dragons are associated with ferocity, power, wisdom, and arrogance. I don't know about you, but it seems to me that that is not how a YOUNG writers website should be portrayed.

People will see a monkey and think SWEET, they have a sense of humor! Rather than seeing a dragon and thinking Ah...they have a dragon. For the past two years I've been here, and if its one thing, ONE thing, that's stayed consistent, it's our sense of community. And everyone knows that monkeys are community creatures, while dragons are often solitary.

MONKEY FOR LIFE!

EDIT: I have yet to hear an arguement why the dragon represents us as a website. It seems to me that everyone is just going by what they think is "cooler," rather than what is more representativ e of the site. Think about it.
Last edited by Ego on Tue Feb 27, 2007 11:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Got YWS? I do.

Lumi: Don't you drag my donobby into this.
Lumi: He's the sweetest angel this side of hades.

1259 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1259
Tue Feb 27, 2007 11:00 pm
View Likes
Firestarter says...

Amen to that, Dono.
Nate wrote:And if YWS ever does become a company, Jack will be the President of European Operations. In fact, I'm just going to call him that anyways.

280 Reviews

Reviews: 280
Tue Feb 27, 2007 11:06 pm
Sumi H. Inkblot says...

Dragon! :D
ohmeohmy

Poetry is the art of creating imaginary gardens with real toads.
— Marianne Moore