z

Young Writers Society

Some questions about Dinosaurs and Oil

27 Reviews

Reviews: 27
Tue Dec 02, 2008 10:19 pm
Manny says...

Hypothetically speaking, if there were more dead dinosaurs in the past would there be more oil today? Are dinosaurs a leading source of oil? I know they're related to "fossil fuels", but do they contribute a lot to oil?

43 Reviews

Reviews: 43
Wed Dec 03, 2008 1:49 am
Medusa says...

the carbon content of one tyrannosaur is equivalent to that in about 460 gallons of gasoline
Alice: If I had a world of my own, everything would be nonsense. Nothing would be what it is because everything would be what it isn't. And contrary-wise; what it is it wouldn't be, and what it wouldn't be, it would. You see?

27 Reviews

Wed Dec 03, 2008 2:44 am
Manny says...

So if people were to go back in time, steal some dinosaurs, make some kind of habitat on Mars, let them breed for a few decades, then killed them, sent them all back to when all the other dinosaurs died out, repeated this a million times, and then went back to present day there would be no Oil Crisis. Thanks Medusa!

15 Reviews

Reviews: 15
Wed Dec 03, 2008 7:32 pm
Francis Michael Buck says...

Is this serious? Because I actually laughed out loud.
"Believe nothing, no matter where you've read it or who has said it, not even if I have said it, unless it agrees with your own reason and your own common sense."
-Buddha

27 Reviews

Wed Dec 03, 2008 8:50 pm
Manny says...

The question was serious, the topic/me not so much. xD

130 Reviews

Reviews: 130
Sat Dec 06, 2008 5:43 am
scotty.knows says...

That's an awesome idea. I like the idea. The only problem is=

For animals to be turned into oil, they have to be left under massive ammounts of pressure for a few thousand years. For example: Evolutionists tend to agree that it takes millions of years for oil to form.

ID people (That's Intelligent Design) Tend to agree it's more like a few thousand years, which lines us nicely for Christian ID-ers who believe in Noah's flood.

So the choice is up to you. Go with the few thou' view of the people who believe in a God, or go with the popular trend in science and have them do it over millions of years.

Also, you might want to know that both evolutionists and ID-ers agree that most oil comes from marine organisms, not land animals.

And if you want any info on time travel, I contain a wealth of information regarding Einstein's Space-time theory about time and the possibility of fluctuating event horizons.
'Merikuh!

May you never steal, lie, or cheat. But if you must steal, then steal away my sorrows. And if you must lie, then lie with me all the nights of your life. And if you must cheat, then please, cheat death.
— An Unknown Bride, Leap Year