z

Young Writers Society

Renaissance Espionage

84 Reviews

Reviews: 84
Wed Oct 17, 2007 1:50 am
Dreami says...

hehehe... i came up with a new idea for a story. ^.^ Now I'm working on my own research, but if anyone has any information about the Renaissance period, or Espionage, or preferably Espionage during that time, let me know. Any books I can read about it? Good websites? Good movies? Let me know! Weapons? (I am assuming just knives and swords) Techniques? Famous Murders? Any and all information is appreciated!

I may be making this my NaNoWriMo story... we'll see!

36 Reviews

Reviews: 36
Fri Oct 19, 2007 2:12 pm
motherflippinflapjacks says...

Good luck if you do choose to do this as your NaNoWriMo. It's a really interesting topic.

Okay, so I really like the Da Vinci Code and a couple book reviewers said that "THE INTELLIGENCER" by Leslie Silbert was a good book. I read it and it's amazing. I think it has a bit of what you're looking for presented in a really interesting way. Here is a website that gives some excerpts from the book. I think you'll like it.

http://www.lesliesilbert.com/reviews.html
"I wonder if Ryan realizes that he's really twelve and a passenger on the Titanic." ~ A loving friend

That's how we should measure our lives. Not in distance traveled, or time passed, or worlds conquered, but in moments... and the rush of joy—of grace—that exists within them.
— Megatron (Lost Light, by Roberts, Lawrence, Lafuente)