z

Young Writers Society

The Tavern

202 Reviews

Reviews: 202
Wed Sep 21, 2011 5:53 pm
Blues says...

The crowd re-group again and giggle. The person who snatched Mac's drink appears slightly dizzy, their blood shot eyes coming in and out of focus with a lop-sided smile on their face.

Mac feels enraged and snatches ChocolateMoonLight's 7up and pours it over the dizzy, lopsided drunk and shoves them into the table, sliding the drinks and plates of mashed potatoes, peas and sausages onto the floor.

68 Reviews

Reviews: 68
Sun Oct 09, 2011 3:58 pm
turtlethatroars says...

Peaks in shyly not knowing what is going on.
"the beauty of words. They can be many different things to many different people. It's all in how we listen. Or how we read." - Lyrical Inspiration (authors note) of Enemies and Playmates by Darcia Helle

-Formally tkpejb

233 Reviews

Reviews: 233
Wed Oct 12, 2011 2:51 pm
Chirantha says...

C walks in to the pandemonium and orders a sherry coke.

Nate merely points at Snoink, who was hiccuping and giggling on the floor near Priceless surrounded by empty sherry coke bottles.

"I... see. Then, a mountain dew, code red for me. Thanks"

After narrowly missing a flying plate of eggs and sausages, and avoiding Snoink on the floor, who was break dancing, C slides on to a stool near Priceless, "What's up?"
Warden: "If you want to lead, all you have to do is ask."
Alistair: "What? Lead? Me? No, no, no. No leading. Bad things happen when I lead. We get lost, people die, and the next thing you know I'm stranded somewhere without any pants."
- Dragon Age

Need a review?

74 Reviews

Reviews: 74
Sun Oct 30, 2011 12:37 pm
LemonyIce says...

HPR stumbles in, sweating. "That was close.", she mutters to herself. Then, she walks over to the counter (avoiding Snoink). "One can of Pepsi, please."

She walks over to Priceless and Chirantha. "Hi!" She says, giving them a small smile.
I'd rather waltz than just walk through the forest.
The trees keep the tempo and they sway in time.
Quartet of crickets chime in for the chorus.
If I were to pluck on your heart strings would you strum on mine?

~Plant Life, Owl City

202 Reviews

Reviews: 202
Thu Nov 10, 2011 7:10 pm
Blues says...

'Blues stomps back to the bar with mushy peas all over his side and a handful of chips in his pocket. He orders a Tango and sits down and notices Priceless, Chirantha and HPR eyeing him strangely.

"What."

74 Reviews

Fri Nov 11, 2011 6:24 am
LemonyIce says...

"What is that? Pea juice?" HPR sets her can of Pepsi down on the table and continues. "Would you like a tissue to clean that up? What were you doing anyway? Rolling around in a can of mashed peas? Or have you been celebrating a pea festival like the Tomatina festival?"

:P

~Plant Life, Owl City

158 Reviews

Reviews: 158
Sat Nov 19, 2011 6:30 am
Payne says...

Payne slips into the room and loiters in the corner, looking amused at everyone else's antics.
I aim to misbehave.

Is it weird in here, or is it just me? --Steven Wright

74 Reviews

Sat Nov 19, 2011 7:27 am
LemonyIce says...

"Yo Payne! Over here! Come join us!" HPR yells from her stool near the counter. She pats on a stool beside her and says, "Sit here! Have a drink?" She offers Payne some Pepsi.

~Plant Life, Owl City

158 Reviews

Reviews: 158
Sun Nov 20, 2011 9:03 am
Payne says...

"Ah...alright." Payne takes a seat and leans against the counter. "Thanks. How's it going?"
I aim to misbehave.

Is it weird in here, or is it just me? --Steven Wright

68 Reviews

Sun Nov 27, 2011 9:53 pm
turtlethatroars says...

Tkp walks in and stands by the door ready to bolt if anything bad happens.
"the beauty of words. They can be many different things to many different people. It's all in how we listen. Or how we read." - Lyrical Inspiration (authors note) of Enemies and Playmates by Darcia Helle

-Formally tkpejb

74 Reviews

Thu Dec 01, 2011 11:46 am
LemonyIce says...

HPR goes over to where tkp is standing and drags her away from the door. She takes her to the counter and forces her to sit down. "Can't escape now, can you?", she says, with a look of triumphth on her face. "So, what's going on tkp?" HPR takes her can of Pepsi from Payne. "Mi-ine. Stop having so much of it."

~Plant Life, Owl City

68 Reviews

Thu Dec 08, 2011 8:49 pm
turtlethatroars says...

TKP says "No, now I cannot escape. Nothing much is going on with me at the moment. What about you?" TKP takes HPR's Pepsi and chugs the rest of it then gives it back saying "Happy Birthday!"

-Formally tkpejb

304 Reviews

Reviews: 304
Sat Dec 24, 2011 1:54 pm
barefootrunner says...

Barefootrunner skips in, holding her broken shoes in one hand. She pulls a small roll of notes out of her dungarees and accidentally drops several coppers on the floor. Ten people instantaneously leap at her ankles.
"Sorry," she calls above the clamour of gold-grabbers. "I think I just created an incident. Incidentally, could I have a bottle of distilled, still, mineral water please? I hope that it wouldn't be too much trouble - you do seem to be eh... a bit busy." She shakes groping hands off her feet and stamps on a hastily retreating thumb, smiling and putting her tattered sandals on the bar counter. A few clods of clay drop off the heels.
"Excuse me," she whispers to a stranger next to her, "do you know exactly where I am?"
"Not everything that counts can be counted, and not everything that can be counted counts" - Einstein

13 Reviews

Reviews: 13
Sun Dec 25, 2011 7:02 pm
evfreak13 says...

Eve skips to the counter and sees an empty seat next to Barefootrunner. She clumsily hops on it.

"I don't know where I am either but... this seat's really comfortable...I think I'll stay...," Eve slurs. Barefootrunner glances at Eve, smiling nervously.

"You know what's always puzzled me? 'How is a raven like a writing desk?' I honestly don't care at all if they possess any similarities but still...do you know? I never understood the point of clouds. They're all fluffy but are really just water and air...what a disappointment! Say, do you happen to have any more of those shiny coins left?" Eve drunkenly rambles on. Barefootrunner takes a look at her watch, decides it's late, and begins to get up from her seat when Eve yells, "Oh, you don't have to leave on account of me having to go!" Suddenly, the door swings wide open. AngieCandy rushes inside, looking horrified at the sight of Eve being social. AngieCandy grabs Eve's arm and silently begins to drag her out of the bar. Barefootrunner breathes a sigh of relief when Eve comes back up to her and assures her they'll be seeing more of each other soon. Barefootrunner slumps back unto her seat, bewildered.
This will be our reply to violence: to make music more intensely, more beautifully, more devotedly than ever before.
Leonard Bernstein .

249 Reviews

Reviews: 249
Sun Dec 25, 2011 11:32 pm
murtuza says...

It's starting to get really packed in The Tavern. And a new customer soon reached its doors. Someone who hadn't been in a good mood lately. Someone who needed a drink not because he was thirsty, but because he liked it. Someone who, without any remorse could single-handedly demolish an entire tower... of pancakes. It was for this reason that he was called the Murtenator. A name so feared by many and admired by few. A name with the reputation of being a ruthless devourer and a genius at conjuring up 'miracle-food'.

But today, he looked forward to having a good time. He entered The Tavern with a smile on his face and a twinkle in his eye. He knew this was a place where he could lay back, make friends, enjoy company and most of all... have fun.

"A pepsi float please," he said to the bartender.

"Here you go, enjoy your time here," the humble bartender replied back.

"I'll make sure I do."

From atop his bar-stool, he viewed the scenery before him. People passing him by were greeting and smiling at him. These strangers didn't really seem like strangers at all to him. He felt this place was safe. Where his troubles would have a hard time finding him. Well even if they did find him, he'd probably have a pleasant chat or two with them. This was the place he needed to be. For now, he wouldn't go by the name of 'The Murtenator'.

Now, he would be called Murtuza.
Last edited by murtuza on Mon Dec 26, 2011 6:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
It's not about the weight of what's spoken.
It's about being heard.

It is dangerous to be right in matters on which the established authorities are wrong.
— Voltaire