z

Young Writers Society

Join A Summer Review Team to Find the Goose

116 Reviews

Reviews: 116
Mon Jun 26, 2023 2:22 am
View Likes
LuminescentAnt says...

...Is it too late to join a team? If not, can I join?
The problem with quotes found on the internet is that they are often not true.
- Abraham Lincoln

LuminescentAnt ~ Lum ~ Ant
(she/her)

1228 Reviews

Reviews: 1228
Mon Jun 26, 2023 1:59 pm
View Likes
alliyah says...

Not too late @LuminescentAnt - you can join Team Maple as we are short one person. Welcome!

Teams are still open until end of June for anyone else interested in joining!

Club Link to Subscribe to is right here: clubs/3365

And our logging thread for logging your green room reviews each week is right here: Team Maple Green Room Review Log
you should know i am a time traveler &
there is no season as achingly temporary as now
but i have promised to return

1228 Reviews

Thu Jun 29, 2023 3:46 pm
View Likes
alliyah says...

Week Four (June 22-28) Recap
Lily: 102 | Maple: 186 | Total: 288

It's been another strong week of reviewing from both teams! Team Lily was able to add 21 reviews to their total review count - bringing them up to 102 reviews while Team Maple stayed ahead with 49 reviews added to their total review count - bringing them up to 186 reviews - the really exciting part is that this means together the teams have contributed 288 Green Room Reviews this month - which is nearly half of the total site reviews for June! Way to go reviewers, you are all absolutely amazing - and the teams are still absolutely close enough for either side to win.

We are also getting ever-closer to the Golden Goose at the time of this post in fact there are only 61 Green Room Reviews Needed - that's really getting close! You may have heard there's even been a Golden Goose Sighting over at Snoink's backyard yesterday -

if you're following the Tagbook (which you should totally participate in) we have identified 2 types of potential bait for the goose and a sparkly net in the works, now we just need to bring everything together and actually catch the goose in the Green Room! (We're getting close... I think...)

*** If you still want to join a Review Search Team, you have two days left to do so - then teams will be set on June 31 for the remainder of the search - Please post below if you'd like to join ***

116 Reviews

Reviews: 116
Thu Jun 29, 2023 4:52 pm
View Likes
LuminescentAnt says...

I have a question - if we find the golden goose before August 1, will the contest end? Or is it for the whole summer no matter what?
The problem with quotes found on the internet is that they are often not true.
- Abraham Lincoln

LuminescentAnt ~ Lum ~ Ant
(she/her)

1228 Reviews

Sat Jul 01, 2023 4:26 am
View Likes
alliyah says...

Great question @LuminescentAnt - the Team Challenge will end when the Green Room is cleared and the goose is found or August 1 whichever comes first. The goal is to clear the GR before August 1 though!

Since works will keep getting posted and be available for Green Room Reviews the other challenges (Five Reviews for Following Feathers, the KotGR Challenge, and Review A Week ) will continue until the end of July either way.

245 Reviews

Reviews: 245
Thu Jul 06, 2023 3:32 am
View Likes
Spearmint says...

Week Five (June 29 - July 5) Recap
Lily: 123 | Maple: 231 | Total: 354

Our reviewing teams are still going strong! Great job to Team Lily for adding 21 GR reviews to their total review count, bringing them up to 123 reviews, and to Team Maple for adding 45 GR reviews to their total review count, bringing them up to 231 reviews! The total is 354 Green Room Reviews so far, which is absolutely amazing!!

It also seems like our Golden Goose is right around the corner (right behind a cloud?? what is the proper idiom for a flying being?), with only 23 Green Room reviews needed to clear the Green Room! Wow!

Check out our progress with the site banner!

Fantastic work, everyone, and let's keep it up for the final stretch! Can we clear the Green Room by next week? ;) Remember to make a new post for next week, which goes from July 6 to 12!
mint, she/her

.--. / ... ...- -.-. .-.. / - .--. ..- .- / .--- --- ...- .--- / .--- --- .--. .-- / .--. .--- .-.. / .--- -.-- .-.. .... -
=D

1228 Reviews

Sat Jul 08, 2023 4:22 pm
View Likes
alliyah says...

Final Update

Team Maple Final Count: 244
Team Lily Final Count: 130
Total GR Reviews: 374

Thanks to the very hard work of both of our search teams the Green Room has been cleared and that sneaky Golden Goose has finally been found! Both teams managed so many reviews over these two months and made a huge different in helping us clear the Green Room.

Special Congratulations to Team Maple who came away with the victory, but plenty of congratulations to Team Lily for a hard-fought search! Watch out for Social Week which will take place August 1-7 and feature 3 days of free literary works (limit 5 per user) to help us celebrate these achievements!

Team Maple has earned the prize package to include a Temporary Dark Cyan Username (Aug 1-7) and Special Badge!

Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did. So throw off the bowlines, sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream.
— Mark Twain