z

Young Writers Society

DT - Event 1: Banner Contest

767 Reviews

Reviews: 767
Sun Aug 01, 2021 12:01 am
View Likes
SpiritedWolfe says...

If you have any questions about the first event, then ask away here! Or just discuss your thoughts and excitement :3
[insert really cool and fun quote here]
Check out my novel shenanigans.
Or request a review from me.

[she/her]

311 Reviews

Reviews: 311
Sun Aug 01, 2021 1:14 pm
View Likes
Riverlight says...

Is there a preferred KB size?
The politics of the world may be corrupt, but that does not mean that we must be corrupted ourselves.

701 Reviews

Reviews: 701
Sun Aug 01, 2021 3:43 pm
View Likes
ForeverYoung299 says...

Can the banner be a gif? And when is the result gonna be declared?

767 Reviews

Sun Aug 01, 2021 6:10 pm
View Likes
SpiritedWolfe says...

@TheScribe - not that I know of! I think we don’t want the file to be massive, since it will be loading on each page, but an image or short gif should be reasonable :)

@ForeverYoung299 - Yes! The banner can absolutely be a gif. As long as it fits the requirements of having “YWS Writing Olympics 2021” legible on the banner, so you don’t just want it to flash on the screen for 1 second.

The results will be announced within 24 hours of the event ending :) I’ll try to have them up as soon as I can so you don’t have to wait too long.

[she/her]

1162 Reviews

Reviews: 1162
Sun Aug 01, 2021 9:33 pm
View Likes
Carlito says...

Let me just say rip to @SpiritedWolfe and friend for having to choose a gold/silver/bronze because these banners are all FAB so far!!
It does not do to dwell on dreams and forget to live.

Ask a Therapist!
I want to beta read your novel!

Ask me anything. Talk to me about anything. Seriously. My PM box is always open <3

767 Reviews

Sun Aug 01, 2021 11:20 pm
View Likes
SpiritedWolfe says...

I agree! o.o We certainly have a challenge ahead of us.

Also @LizzyTyler, I can’t see your submission D: You may want to try uploading it to a free image sharing site like imgur and using the bbcode below:

Code: Select all
[img]<url without brackets here>[/img]

[she/her]

Did you ever hear the Tragedy of Darth Plagueis the wise? I thought not. It's not a story the Jedi would tell you. It's a Sith legend. Darth Plagueis was a Dark Lord of the Sith, so powerful and so wise he could use the Force to influence the midichlorians to create life... He had such a knowledge of the dark side that he could even keep the ones he cared about from dying. The dark side of the Force is a pathway to many abilities some consider to be unnatural. He became so powerful... the only thing he was afraid of was losing his power, which eventually, of course, he did. Unfortunately, he taught his apprentice everything he knew, then his apprentice killed him in his sleep. It's ironic he could save others from death, but not himself.
— RazorSharpPencil