z

Young Writers Society

I Am Totally a Real-Life Wizard (Not Clickbait, I Swear!)

245 Reviews

Reviews: 245
Thu Jul 14, 2022 5:49 pm
View Likes
Spearmint says...

"Am I a fool, then? Because I say quests are overrated." Valeri frowned. Then she looked at her sibling, who was literally bouncing with excitement. "But... Vendetta's probably gonna run off and go questing either way, and there's no way I'm getting separated from them, so..."

"So you're in." The wizard smiled triumphantly and adjusted his cloak again. "And now for your prophecy!"

(63 words)
Last edited by Spearmint on Wed Jul 20, 2022 3:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
mint, she/her

.--. / ... ...- -.-. .-.. / - .--. ..- .- / .--- --- ...- .--- / .--- --- .--. .-- / .--. .--- .-.. / .--- -.-- .-.. .... -
=D

31 Reviews

Reviews: 31
Thu Jul 14, 2022 5:55 pm
View Likes
WeepingWisteria says...

“Oooh, prophecy, prophecy, prophecy.”

Josephinzo cleared his throat, swooping his hands in the air. “Two siblings, both with names of V, left alone in a house they don’t own, will set out to defeat the Dark Sun that plagues their home.

Vendetta gasped. “Valeri, we’re siblings with V names!”

49 Words
Last edited by WeepingWisteria on Mon Jul 18, 2022 9:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
She/They/Fae

“the wist i knew would never allow a straight boy in their stories” ~Omni
“Hi Omni can I request wist get the role mom friend :]" ~winter
“ah yes, fear Wist's smile :) <- speaks of layers and layers of secrets” ~mint

245 Reviews

Thu Jul 14, 2022 6:00 pm
View Likes
Spearmint says...

"What a lame prophecy," Valeri muttered. "You could just as easily substitute 'E' or something! And I literally have never heard of the Dark Sun before, so how could he be plaguing our home?" But she looked at Vendetta, who was giving her puppy eyes. "Oh, finee. But I want a step-by-step guide to this! No wibbly-wobbly 'you'll figure it out on the way' nonsense."

"Ah, well, that's not much of an issue. You see, the first part, the blade, is quite nearby!" The wizard produced a rolled-up map of L.A. from his sleeve. "Right here, in the home of Sir Kensworthy Lagunar."

(103 words)
mint, she/her

.--. / ... ...- -.-. .-.. / - .--. ..- .- / .--- --- ...- .--- / .--- --- .--. .-- / .--. .--- .-.. / .--- -.-- .-.. .... -
=D

31 Reviews

Thu Jul 14, 2022 6:04 pm
View Likes
WeepingWisteria says...

Vendetta wrinkled their nose. “That guy?” They groaned. “Ugh, that guy’s such a jerk! Do you remember him, Valeri?”

Josephinzo hummed. “All the more reason for you to get such a powerful weapon out of his slimy hands.”

38 Words
Last edited by WeepingWisteria on Mon Jul 18, 2022 9:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
She/They/Fae

245 Reviews

Thu Jul 14, 2022 6:10 pm
View Likes
Spearmint says...

Valeri narrowed her eyes. "I do indeed remember, Vendetta. And as much as I distrust this wizard, I have to admit, I want revenge on that pretentious son of a carrot even more." She grabbed the map out of the wizard's hands. "So, wanna call an Uber, or take the bus?"

(51 words)
mint, she/her

=D

31 Reviews

Thu Jul 14, 2022 6:30 pm
View Likes
WeepingWisteria says...

“Uber, probably. We have to look like we belong.”

Josephinzo chuckled. “Look at you two, jumping right in. The world needs more people like you.” His cloak awkwardly swayed from side to side. “Oh, hush now.” Josephinzo patted his cloak like he was comforting a dog. “I know you’re excited. I am too.”

53 Words
Last edited by WeepingWisteria on Mon Jul 18, 2022 9:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
She/They/Fae

245 Reviews

Thu Jul 14, 2022 6:36 pm
View Likes
Spearmint says...

"Any last tips for us before we go? Though I doubt they would be of much help..."

"Oh! I did forget to say one thing. I'll keep in communication with you both through magical messenger pigeons. They're very well trained, I assure you!" Then Josephinzo snapped his fingers, sneezed, and said, "Toodles!" He disappeared in another shower of sparkles.

(59 words)
Last edited by Spearmint on Wed Jul 20, 2022 3:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
mint, she/her

=D

31 Reviews

Thu Jul 14, 2022 6:40 pm
View Likes
WeepingWisteria says...

Vendetta giggled. “We have a magical quest, Valeri! A magical quest! We have to prepare. We should probably pack a suitcase and get dressed in rich people clothes!”

They ran out of the room, shaking their hands in pure excitement.

40 Words
Last edited by WeepingWisteria on Mon Jul 18, 2022 9:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
She/They/Fae

245 Reviews

Thu Jul 14, 2022 6:52 pm
View Likes
Spearmint says...

Valeri couldn't help but give a genuine smile at that. They walked to their room and considered their wardrobe options. Hmm... what's an outfit that looks fancy, but would be comfortable enough to run in, just in case? She eventually settled on a blouse and a skirt with pants underneath, then chose a necklace with a piece of quartz. (It was sharp enough to be used as a makeshift weapon, if things came to that.)

Then they fished out a purse from the back of the closet and called out, "Vendetta, what do we need to bring?"

(97 words)
Last edited by Spearmint on Wed Jul 20, 2022 3:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
mint, she/her

=D

31 Reviews

Thu Jul 14, 2022 6:55 pm
View Likes
WeepingWisteria says...

Vendetta sprinted around the corner, already wearing a black, lacy dress and an elegant choker. “Okay. What so powerful rich people usually have on them?” They narrowed their eyes, staring at the carpet. “Maybe we should forge a business letter or something, to make them think we have a reason for being there.”

53 Words
Last edited by WeepingWisteria on Mon Jul 18, 2022 9:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
She/They/Fae

245 Reviews

Thu Jul 14, 2022 7:00 pm
View Likes
Spearmint says...

"Got it." Valeri quickly grabbed a piece of fancy paper and wrote something illegible, then sealed it with a red wax seal. "If anyone asks, our father is a rich businessman in a foreign country, and he's looking to expand his business to America." She handed the letter to Vendetta, then looked around. "As for other stuff to bring... I'll put some pepper spray in too, just in case. And some duct tape; that always comes in handy."

(78 words)
Last edited by Spearmint on Wed Jul 20, 2022 3:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
mint, she/her

=D

31 Reviews

Thu Jul 14, 2022 7:02 pm
View Likes
WeepingWisteria says...

Vendetta held up two rolls of duct tape. “Way ahead of you there. But I’ll let you wield the pepper spray we both remember what happened last time I did.” They shuddered.

32 Words
Last edited by WeepingWisteria on Mon Jul 18, 2022 9:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
She/They/Fae

245 Reviews

Thu Jul 14, 2022 7:09 pm
View Likes
Spearmint says...

"Yeah... good plan." Valeri winced at the memory. "Anyways, I've got a pen, paper, a handkerchief just in case we have to gag someone... anything else?"

(26 words)
Last edited by Spearmint on Wed Jul 20, 2022 3:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
mint, she/her

=D

31 Reviews

Thu Jul 14, 2022 7:16 pm
View Likes
WeepingWisteria says...

Vendetta rummaged through their purse. "I don't think so. Oh! Do you have some Advil, just in case? I don't know how long we will be gone, so I want to have all the essentials."

35 Words
Last edited by WeepingWisteria on Mon Jul 18, 2022 9:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
She/They/Fae

245 Reviews

Thu Jul 14, 2022 7:55 pm
View Likes
Spearmint says...

"Ah, yeah. Here." Valeri tossed some Advil to Vendetta, then zipped up her own purse. "I think we're just about ready now... Time to crash a rich person's party?"

(29 words)
Last edited by Spearmint on Wed Jul 20, 2022 3:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
mint, she/her

=D

If I had control over the quote generator, I feel like I would put half of YWS in it.
— Kaia