z

Young Writers Society

Two Crows Watch from the Gallows Tree (part 18)

935 Reviews

Reviews: 935
Sun Nov 06, 2022 6:43 pm
View Likes
Shady says...

“Library?” Lia attempted helplessly.

"u and rina are systematically watering down the grammar of yws" - Atticus
"From the fish mother to the fish death god." - lehmanf
"A fish stole my identity. I blame shady" - Omni
[they/he]

112 Reviews

Reviews: 112
Sun Nov 06, 2022 6:51 pm
View Likes
Ljungtroll says...

"No. The first half of that one."
"The artist deals with what cannot be said in words. The artist whose medium is fiction does this in words. The novelist says in words what cannot be said in words." --Ursula K. Le Guin

Formerly RavenLord, formerly GrandWild
she/her

935 Reviews

Sun Nov 06, 2022 6:55 pm
View Likes
Shady says...

“…Book?” Lia guessed.

[they/he]

112 Reviews

Sun Nov 06, 2022 11:05 pm
View Likes
Ljungtroll says...

"There. See, that wasn't so hard, wasn't it? But we'll most certainly have your tutors on the journey."
"The artist deals with what cannot be said in words. The artist whose medium is fiction does this in words. The novelist says in words what cannot be said in words." --Ursula K. Le Guin

she/her

935 Reviews

Sun Nov 06, 2022 11:10 pm
View Likes
Shady says...

(Just learned my neighbor raped a 6 year old. A long time ago, like before I was born, but still feels hella gross and I’m low key upset about it)

“Yes, Papa.” She nodded, still misty-eyed. “I’m sorry. I promise I’m doing my best.”

Rana was still — barely— in earshot and almost snorted. No, she wasn’t. And they all knew it. Lia was a terrible student. And yet something told her that Father was going to believe the little liar.

[they/he]

112 Reviews

Sun Nov 06, 2022 11:26 pm
View Likes
Ljungtroll says...

(Ummmmmmmmmm fuckin move away from there and why isn't he in prison holy fucking god)

(I feel gross just reading that)

"I know, dear." He patted her head. "Keep trying; just be good enough that you can speak to the nobles up there and I'll be happy."

she/her

935 Reviews

Sun Nov 06, 2022 11:31 pm
View Likes
Shady says...

(Oh I found out from an online search for sex offenders in my area so he’s got a criminal record and it happened back in the 80s. I assume he’s served jail time. But yeah idk how to proceed now? I feel like I shouldn’t tip my hand that I know and I don’t think he’s a danger to me but it feels gross that I’d been being nice to him)
(He’s also the same one I told you about who randomly told me he does drag. Like I thought I had found an ally in this Republican hellscape I live in but no he’s a fucking pedophile and is exactly fitting the conservative narrative of what queer people are like being predators. Fuck him. I feel so stupid for thinking he was a good person)

“Yes, Papa.” She nodded. “I’ll focus extra hard now.” Or just follow Rana around the whole time and make her translate. That seemed easier.

[they/he]

112 Reviews

Sun Nov 06, 2022 11:33 pm
View Likes
Ljungtroll says...

(You couldn't have known)

"Good girl." He kept walking. "Rana, give me some Upper Tongue. Tell me your routine."

she/her

935 Reviews

Sun Nov 06, 2022 11:38 pm
View Likes
Shady says...

(Yeah ;-; turns out I’m bad at math it happened in 1991 I just figured it up instead of guessing like I had been. He was 38 and assaulted a 6 year old. He’s 69 now. I think I’m just going to be as distant as humanly possible now and try not to engage
But like he stalked me on Facebook like two weeks ago and I had chalked it up to him being a lonely old man even tho I was confused how he found me because my profile is locked down tight. Like people who ask to be friends with me usually can’t find me if we don’t have mutuals lol I always have to look them up cause I’ve got a basic ass name and don’t have education, job, location, nothing enabled. So how did this fucker find me?
He also lied about his real name. And originally that didn’t bother me. I lie about my birth name sometimes because I’m trying out other options when I get dysphoric and chosen names are completely valid. But also like. Now that I know the truth about the sort of monster he is it feels super different for him to be going by an alias than it does a trans person you know?)

Rana sighed, wishing she’d sped up more and got away. But she slowed slightly and glanced over at him. “I wake in the morning at 7:30 then dress and attend breakfast. I do language and humanities until lunch, then in the afternoons study science and mathematics.”

[they/he]

112 Reviews

Sun Nov 06, 2022 11:47 pm
View Likes
Ljungtroll says...

(I think you should get outta there)

He gave a curt nod. "That's good enough."

she/her

935 Reviews

Sun Nov 06, 2022 11:49 pm
View Likes
Shady says...

(Yeahhh
Ugh. This whole goddamn living situation with roaches and now rapist just sucks ass. Idk if it’s worth breaking my lease over but I may. This is just shitty)

She furrowed her brow at him then snorted and looked away. Yes, perfect dictation was ‘good enough’ where Lia still somehow was getting coddled for not knowing the word ‘book’. How fun.

[they/he]

112 Reviews

Mon Nov 07, 2022 12:00 am
View Likes
Ljungtroll says...

(I hope you find a better place to live; that place sounds awful)

"Be prepared for some utterly disgusting meals, as well," Caibry added. "They eat plain stuff up there. Lichen bread and potatoes."

she/her

935 Reviews

Mon Nov 07, 2022 12:05 am
View Likes
Shady says...

(Thanks ;-; <3)

“Potatoes can be good,” Rana pointed out. “If seasoned well.”

[they/he]

112 Reviews

Mon Nov 07, 2022 12:07 am
View Likes
Ljungtroll says...

"They don't have good seasoning up there." He wrinkled his nose. "None of it is good."

she/her

935 Reviews

Mon Nov 07, 2022 12:10 am
View Likes
Shady says...

“Ah.” She tried to bury her hands in her pockets then remembered she was wearing a dress again. She crossed her arms. “All the more reason to be excited to go.”

[they/he]

I always knew that deep down in every human heart, there is mercy and generosity. No one is born hating another person because of the color of his skin, or his background, or his religion. People must learn to hate, and if they can learn to hate, they can be taught to love, for love comes more naturally to the human heart than its opposite.
— Nelson Mandela, Long Walk to Freedom