z

Young Writers Society

Two Crows Watch from the Gallows Tree (part 11)

112 Reviews

Reviews: 112
Mon May 30, 2022 12:32 am
View Likes
Ljungtroll says...

Tim knocked and, upon being invited inside, stepped in and shut the door behind him.
"The artist deals with what cannot be said in words. The artist whose medium is fiction does this in words. The novelist says in words what cannot be said in words." --Ursula K. Le Guin

Formerly RavenLord, formerly GrandWild
she/her

935 Reviews

Reviews: 935
Mon May 30, 2022 12:40 am
View Likes
Shady says...

Ky turned. Well. She supposed… fine. She’d wander. She headed back down the stairs.

"u and rina are systematically watering down the grammar of yws" - Atticus
"From the fish mother to the fish death god." - lehmanf
"A fish stole my identity. I blame shady" - Omni
[they/he]

112 Reviews

Mon May 30, 2022 12:41 am
View Likes
Ljungtroll says...

(Nothing to add atm)
"The artist deals with what cannot be said in words. The artist whose medium is fiction does this in words. The novelist says in words what cannot be said in words." --Ursula K. Le Guin

she/her

935 Reviews

Mon May 30, 2022 12:42 am
View Likes
Shady says...

(Same — wanna skip on this one too? I’ve got no real plans tbh)

[they/he]

112 Reviews

Mon May 30, 2022 12:42 am
View Likes
Ljungtroll says...

(Sure, works for me! Where to?)

she/her

935 Reviews

Mon May 30, 2022 12:46 am
View Likes
Shady says...

(Hmm… do you have any ideas? I don’t have anything particularly in mind… could always do another Sara scene if she’d have thought up new questions? Dunno. I’m down for whatever honestly)

[they/he]

112 Reviews

Mon May 30, 2022 12:48 am
View Likes
Ljungtroll says...

(I don't think Sara is put to directly provoke Ky. I'm not completely sure where to go.)

she/her

935 Reviews

Mon May 30, 2022 12:49 am
View Likes
Shady says...

(Yeah fair… maybe when they get the letters in return? Or is that too far ahead?)

[they/he]

112 Reviews

Mon May 30, 2022 12:50 am
View Likes
Ljungtroll says...

(Nope that works for me! Gaius will be getting his leg amputated probably the same day just to get that out of the way)

she/her

935 Reviews

Mon May 30, 2022 12:57 am
View Likes
Shady says...

(Omg wild lol)

Letter, letter, letter—

Ky excitedly hurried down the hall. It hadn’t taken nearly as long to get a response as she’d been anticipating. She couldn’t wait to see what they said. To all of this. Her revelation about Rönn and the troll and all that. But mostly to read that they missed her as much as she missed them and that they couldn’t wait to see her in two weeks when she made it home.

She’d been doing somewhat better in eager anticipation of the letter. Less sulking, though still uneasy around Gaius and wary around Sara until the challenge ended. But. Well. Perhaps it hadn’t been the absolute worst thing to have happened.

But her mood was the highest now that it’d been since she got here. Before that, even. Since before she got stabbed. For now, she was getting to have parents again. A family. See their handwriting and get reassurance that they still cared about her.

[they/he]

112 Reviews

Mon May 30, 2022 1:01 am
View Likes
Ljungtroll says...

(*wince*)

Gaius was sitting in his study, having sorted Ky's letters and Lyra's letters from their family into separate piles and placing his own in the center. He set the other two off to the side. There was only one letter each from Tomhas, plus the ones from Anneke and the children for Ky and Lyra. Gaius also had letters from the other Lords, the Counts, and the King to sort through.

she/her

935 Reviews

Mon May 30, 2022 1:03 am
View Likes
Shady says...

Ky took a deep breath and forced her energy to calm, hesitating outside his office for a long moment. She needed to not be a pest. She took a moment to compose herself and then knocked.

[they/he]

112 Reviews

Mon May 30, 2022 1:05 am
View Likes
Ljungtroll says...

"Enter," Gaius replied, picking up the seal from Tomhas.

she/her

935 Reviews

Mon May 30, 2022 1:07 am
View Likes
Shady says...

Ky pushed the door open and stepped inside but then stopped rather than approach his desk. It still made her uneasy to be in here. She flashed a quick smile, mask cracking ever so slightly to show her eagerness as she nodded to him. “Hello!”

[they/he]

112 Reviews

Mon May 30, 2022 1:10 am
View Likes
Ljungtroll says...

"Hello." He held out her pack of letters, noting with annoyance that his good hand was trembling. It had been doing that all day--today he was getting his leg amputated and for some reason it was getting to him. He was a nervous wreck, though he'd never let it show outside of this damned shaky hand.

she/her

You'd better wise up, Pony... you get tough like me and you don't get hurt. You look out for yourself and nothing can touch you, man.
— Dallas Winston, The Outsiders