Young Writers Society

Knights of the Green Room Great Hall

1334 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1334
Tue Jun 24, 2014 1:30 pm
View Likes
Hannah says...

Knight Patronus (@JamesHunt), we are honored to see your recent effort and I enjoyed your tale of our festive feast. I hope that you continue to conquer the lair of the Firedrakes and earn yourself a village or hamlet while you're at it! Just two more chapters, and you'll be a landowner, my brave Knight! In the mean time, your shield was just rushed back from the blacksmith, and we hope it serves you well.
you can message me with anything: questions, review requests, rants
are you a green room knight yet?
have you read this week's Squills?

1334 Reviews

Supporter

Fri Jun 27, 2014 2:17 am
View Likes
Hannah says...

With Review Day just over the horizon and a new Order of Knights (The After Watch) gathering to fight their devilish battle with the trickle-in afterward, the Knights of the Green Room take this calm before the storm to celebrate the addition of one to their ranks.

The banquet tables are piled high with a feast to last them throughout the fearsome battle and the Knights sing songs of celebration in honor of...

Knight @Kanome

351 Reviews

Reviews: 351
Sat Jun 28, 2014 8:50 am
View Likes
Kanome says...

Knight Kanome hereby says that she has completed her quest of accomplishing 15 reviews.
Kanome's Path of Writiousness.
PROTECTOR OF LIGHT
Knight of the Green Room

240 Reviews

Reviews: 240
Sat Jun 28, 2014 5:30 pm
View Likes
AdmiralKat says...

I must declare myself a Knight of the Green Room!
Proof of my knighthood:
1. Misfortune
2. A tree (3)
3. The Siege; complete plot!
4. unspoken words
5. Strange Saint
6. The Pact, Chapter One, Part Two
7. And where exactly is it that we're heading? (Urgent Nitpicks Needed)
8. Forever Evergreen.
9. Trying: Chapter One
10. Life Musings
Whale. Whale. Whale. What do we have here?
Some scurvy dog looking at my post, eh?

508 Reviews

Reviews: 508
Sun Jun 29, 2014 8:57 pm
View Likes
dragonfphoenix says...

That's my screenshot of the Green Room for the Golden Goose badge, but it's not working...Let me see if I can fix.

Edit: There we go! :D

Edit edit: I would like to point out that, according to the timing of @JamesHunt 's wall post, he had a screenshot about the same time I did. However, he was scrambling to get a way to upload the image. There anything we can do about that? Tags @Hannah
D.F.P., Knight Dragon

760 Reviews

Reviews: 760
Sun Jun 29, 2014 11:10 pm
View Likes
ExOmelas says...

I'm not even sure what I've earned from review day today :)

Biscuits BatchAvoy's Log

What fools these mortals be!
William Shakespeare
A Midsummer Night's Dream

Who cares if one more light goes out?
Well I do.

Linkin Park
One More Light

374 Reviews

Reviews: 374
Mon Jun 30, 2014 12:13 am
View Likes
tgirly says...

During the Great Review Day Battle, Knight Tallygirl has triumphed and won her sword! Hazzah!
Tgirly's Log
When I was young, I admired clever people. Now that I am old, I admire kind people.
-Abraham Joshua Heschel

93 Reviews

Reviews: 93
Mon Jun 30, 2014 1:47 am
View Likes
Sylar says...

I guess I declare myself a Knight of the Green Room!

My log: icannothearthings reviews in the Green Room

(I did 11, is that okay? I'm kind of new to this . . .)
A SURPRISE PARTY

FOR ME

YOU SHOULDN'T HAVE

(https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9-6cunaBd7A)

374 Reviews

Reviews: 374
Mon Jun 30, 2014 4:31 am
View Likes
tgirly says...

Good job, icannothear! You can put that 11th review into getting your sword (which you get after fifteen reviews, so now you just need four more green room reviews.)
Hannah will officially knight you, but I'd like to unofficially welcome you to the knighthood.
Also, @ Hannah: Amidst the After Watch, I have earned my shield as well:
Tgirly's Log
When I was young, I admired clever people. Now that I am old, I admire kind people.
-Abraham Joshua Heschel

1228 Reviews

Reviews: 1228
Mon Jun 30, 2014 4:34 am
View Likes
alliyah says...

Weary from a long review day and taking part in the after watch, Knight Alliyah notes how much more efficient it would be to have a ride to the green room rather than walking over each time... Checking out the Knights stables, Knight Alliyah trades 35 Green Room reviews for a proud grey Horse! I shall name my horse Grendle!

Knight Alliyah's log
Last edited by alliyah on Mon Jun 30, 2014 6:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
you should know i am a time traveler &
there is no season as achingly temporary as now
but i have promised to return

1334 Reviews

Supporter

Mon Jun 30, 2014 12:49 pm
View Likes
Hannah says...

The spoils of Review Day always flow in fast and strong, and this month seems like a particularly rich month, what with a small band of Knights making up the After Watch and scooping up each Green Room work as it comes in.

Knight @Kanome, one of the newest in the company, spent the weekend faithfully serving the homeland she protects, spreading reviews and their helpful words among YWSers -- enough to have earned a sword, a shield, a helmet, a horse, and her full armor. She is now prepared to fight tougher challenges!

Squire KatyaElefant becomes Knight @KatyaElefant with her first 10 reviews, and although she hasn't put up her own review log thread yet, the Knights gather to celebrate her fury just the same.

Knight KatyaElefant

Knight Dragon (@dragonfphoenix) takes home the Badge of the Golden Goose, its shining feathers dancing in the torchlight as he makes his way back to his chambers. Knight Patronus (@JamesHunt) surely attempted to catch the goose, but there is only one goose to catch, and besides, there's always next month!

For Knight Biscuits (@BiscuitsBatchAvoy), a horse and a set of full armor have fallen to her care! Let us beg the brave Knight to share the story of how she happened upon so beautiful a horse!

General reminder that it's way more fun if you write stories to accompany your badge accomplishments!

Knight Tallygirl (@tgirly) runs up with her new sword and shield blazing in the lights of the Great Hall, while another new Knight runs to match her with her practice sword.

Knight icannothearthings

While they spar, Knight Hannah gives some advice to the new initiate.

"Knight @icannothearthings, it is much more convenient to edit your previous posts and add new reviews into the same post. It's also convenient to number the list so you can know at a glance how many you've done in the service of the Knights of the Green Room. Take a look at other Knights' threads for examples, and don't hesitate to send me a scroll if you have any questions!"

And then, riding in on the brand new beauty, Knight @alliyah claims a horse as the spoils of her fierce effort.

This Review Day surely brought many riches to the castle of the Knights of the Green Watch, and it means the many chickens and heads of cabbage they need to feed the warriors as they're off fighting the works trickling back in feel cheaper in the pockets -- it doesn't hurt quite as much. A good day's work, I'd say.

Lastly, this is just a quick All Knights Bulletin -- PING!

Spoiler! :

To say that if you have earned a badge, please share the story of your victory in the Great Hall for all Knights to see. Write a creative and awesome story about how you earned the prize for more fun -- tell us what color your horse is, what your armor looks like, if you got your prize at a store or found it in the middle of a forest. Build your character as you earn your prizes! :)

As always, fight with determination, knowledge, and loyalty. Good day.

240 Reviews

Reviews: 240
Mon Jun 30, 2014 3:54 pm
View Likes
AdmiralKat says...

How to I make my own response tab? What do I need in it? Can you explain how? (feeling like a newbie XD)
Whale. Whale. Whale. What do we have here?
Some scurvy dog looking at my post, eh?

463 Reviews

Reviews: 463
Mon Jun 30, 2014 6:41 pm
View Likes
megsug says...

Knight Pokey struggles in after scouting to keep the Green Room clean after a successful Review Day. She throws down the heads of her victims. I believe I've earned my armor today.
Test

212 Reviews

Reviews: 212
Mon Jun 30, 2014 7:54 pm
View Likes
TheCrimsonLady says...

I, Knight Aurora, lay my claim before all to see! I claim a sword, shield, horse, full armor, and a jousting lance!

You want me to tell you how, do you? Well, all right then.

'Twas a dark and stormy night. The wind whipped my hair back and forth, and when it started raining, I knew I was done for. Weaponless and lost, I sat huddled under a tree. And then... Crack! Lightning struck the tree, and with a cry of fear, I stood up. I ran for my life before the tree could fall on me. Then, suddenly, I saw the castle. I started to make a beeline for it, but there they were! A long line of works in the green room, stopping me from going further.

I fought each one with my bare hands, and returned to the Knight's Keep, a brave warrior.

Who dares to challenge me now?!

No one? Good.
Let the blood pour down in rivers as the world burns.

1228 Reviews

Reviews: 1228
Mon Jun 30, 2014 10:51 pm
View Likes
alliyah says...

Noticing Knight @Aurora99 's armor and gear shining in the sun after a perilous day of keeping watch over the Green Room, Knight Alliyah proudly displays her 45th review earned from slaying Fellow Knight Kanome 's character profile in a new review.

"I claim my armor! It shall protect me as I guard the Green Room loyally and bravely! Huzzah!

Knight Alliyah's log Here lies Knight Alliyah's log.
you should know i am a time traveler &
there is no season as achingly temporary as now
but i have promised to return

"Cowards die many times before their deaths; but the valiant will never taste of death but once."
— Julius Caesar