z

Young Writers Society

Arabesque Musings

107 Reviews

Reviews: 107
Mon Mar 29, 2021 8:34 pm
View Likes
Alpha says...

Well, since I've done NaNoWriMo while also working 9-5, I don't see why this would be too much of a challenge. /s
(Except I'm a much better writer than I am a poet. And I haven't written poetry in 8 years. And once cohesive story with an overarching plot is not the same as 30 poems. Ahhhhh)

Anyway. Going into this with so many others is just really cool. I think I'll be writing down my poems in a journal but I'll log my thoughts and ideas here. We'll see!

107 Reviews

Mon Mar 29, 2021 8:49 pm
View Likes
Alpha says...

~NaPoWriMo 2021~

Thoughts:

I have been building off the same world and universe as my 2020 NaNoWriMo novel. An aspect I want to explore in April is to do both small detail poetry (items and locations of interest, exploring POV, poetry salon) as well as big picture poetry (historical events told in epic style, similar to Odyssey, Lady of Shalott, etc).

To keep this from being stale, I think I'll try to do at least three poems from each aspect. This will leave room for any other prompts I want to explore, and not put too much pressure on one theme.

107 Reviews

Tue Mar 30, 2021 9:41 pm
View Likes
Alpha says...

Welp, I forgot that March has 31 days. Extra day to prepare!

For now, I'm listening to this playlist, that features poets reading their own works. (Robert Frost's voice surprised me tbh!)

"While we may come from different places and speak in different tongues, our hearts beat as one."
— Albus Dumbledore