z

Young Writers Society

Update on Stuff and Crits

531 Reviews

Reviews: 531
Thu May 11, 2006 6:31 pm
Caligula's Launderette says...

Yeah, really descriptive there, I know.

So, I have 5 weeks before I go to Paris and meet my friend who is going to go a travelling with me. We are doing a trip around Europe, Paris, Brussels, London, Edinburgh, Belfast, Dublin. Then I go home to the states, that's around July 15th.

So here is where I stand on the critting stage. I think I have gotten everyone their poems from ages back. So that's good.

Now for the other things.

Freak, Snoink - Currently typing in notes for Chapters 1 - 6. Printed out 7 & 8, though haven't looked at them.
Wraith, smaur - typing up the last of notes on Chapter 2.
12 Days of Christmas, Ari - done a full read through, now for the real work. :D

next up -
Our Brethren, fishr
The Pastel Unicorn, Rei (sorry it took so long to get to it...)

If I have left you out, said I'd do something, or you never got your crit, please PM me or post a reply here. If you have something you are dying to have me look, feel free to ask me, but take in mind that it will take me some time.

Cheerios, kids. CL.
Fraser: Stop stealing the blanket.
[Diefenbaker whines]
Fraser: You're an Arctic Wolf, for God's sake.
(Due South)

Hatter: Do I need a reason to help a pretty girl in a very wet dress? (Alice)

Got YWS?

694 Reviews

Reviews: 694
Fri Nov 30, 2007 10:47 pm
Via says...

How was your trip Cal?? I would love to hear the details! I am going to London for a week in May and would love some tips!
My Literary and Arts Blog

"I think I'd miss you even if we'd never met." -The Wedding Date

79 Reviews

Reviews: 79
Sat Dec 01, 2007 3:00 pm
Cpt. Smurf says...

Via wrote:How was your trip Cal?? I would love to hear the details! I am going to London for a week in May and would love some tips!

You'll love it, it's great! What are you going to do there (ie. anything apart from the obvious sight-seeing and stuff, such as West-End shows, museums, etc.?)

Anyway, yeah, how was your trip? It sounds like fun.
There's always been a lot of tension between Lois and me, and it's not so much that I want to kill her, it's just, I want her to not be alive anymore.

~Stewie Griffin

694 Reviews

Sat Dec 01, 2007 3:05 pm
View Likes
Via says...

We are staying in the Oxford Street area but my travel companion is a history fool so we are doing the normal site seeing, yea. But, that's about it. We are only staying 5 nights and then I am going to Kenya and he is coming back here. Any tips?

I have one question, though...does the El run to many of the site seeing places around the city?

563 Reviews

Reviews: 563
Sat Dec 01, 2007 3:28 pm
Writersdomain says...

You're going to Paris? *hugs* I hope you have a wonderful trip, and you must tell us all about it when you get back!

I might be completely wrong about this, but I thought you had mentioned something about finishing a crit for chapter 4 of Flames of Lecraesa a while back.

In any case, have a fantastic trip, m'dear. ^_^
~ WD
If you desire a review from WD, post here

"All I know, all I'm saying, is that a story finds a storyteller. Not the other way around." ~Neverwas

79 Reviews

Reviews: 79
Sat Dec 01, 2007 5:17 pm
Cpt. Smurf says...

Via wrote:We are staying in the Oxford Street area but my travel companion is a history fool so we are doing the normal site seeing, yea. But, that's about it. We are only staying 5 nights and then I am going to Kenya and he is coming back here. Any tips?

I have one question, though...does the El run to many of the site seeing places around the city?

If by 'El' you mean the Underground (or Tube), then it's more a question of 'where doesn't it go?' All the main sight-seeing places are in Central London, and the Tube goes practically anywhere in that area, as well as all across Greater London. All the really interesting touristy places are in Central, though, so that's the bit you want. A day pass for the Tube is something like £5, I think, and that will take you anywhere you want to go within the Central zones. I think there are also three-day passes, but I don't know how much they cost. In any case, it's pretty cheap, and you can just hop on and off the trains wherever. You can also take the buses for an overground view of the city and see all the sights that way, if you want, or you can walk (though it's easy to get lost - that's where the many Tube stations come in handy, it's easy to find your way back once you're in one of those, just get whichever train back to wherever you're going).

For more info on the London Transport system, go here: http://www.tfl.gov.uk/home.aspx

Also, this link is very good for everything and anything for visitors to the city: http://www.visitlondon.com

I'm not pretending to be an expert on the city or anything (seeing as I live nowhere near, and I've only been twice), but getting around and everything is, once you get the hang of it, really simple. I do recommend you plan ahead for everywhere you want to go and all that shizz (and if you do go see a show in the West End, or anything where availability may be limited, it's best to book in advance, to get a good seat/place - TicketMaster UK is great for most things), just so you're prepared. I hope you have a great time!
There's always been a lot of tension between Lois and me, and it's not so much that I want to kill her, it's just, I want her to not be alive anymore.

~Stewie Griffin

694 Reviews

Sat Dec 01, 2007 9:08 pm
Via says...

Thanks so much Smurf! That is very, inbelievably helpful you have no idea ;)

Doubt is not a pleasant condition, but certainty is absurd.
— Voltaire