z

Young Writers Society

When did you start doing THAT?

701 Reviews

Reviews: 701
Thu Dec 01, 2005 1:13 am
bubblewrapped says...

Hey, I'm another intelligent dropout, LMAO. I left at 13 - although I have been doing Correspondence through High School. And I will be attending Uni next year. So...whatever.
**thinks hard** Weird behaviour? **long silence** ** :idea: ** Oooh yes, once I walked out of a counselling session. I dont remember anything about it (repressed memories? lol) but I HATED the woman...she was SO irritating...So I just walked out. And walked all the way back to school by myself. At the time I was being bullied at school, and I was (am) really shy (hence the counselling) so that was a bit of a shock, hehee. Oh and once (at, maybe, 10 or 11) I lied to my teacher, went to the office, called my mum and got her to pick me up (without telling ANYONE what I was doing). I *was* feeling sick, but I eventually got the entire school out looking for me because they didnt know where I'd gone!!!! :oops:
Cant recall anything else at the moment though.
Got a poem or short story you want me to critique?

There is only one success: to be able to spend your life in your own way, and not to give others absurd maddening claims upon it. (C D Morley)

657 Reviews

Reviews: 657
Thu Dec 01, 2005 4:26 am
Jennafina says...

Um... I can't actually think of anything.

Wait. I skipped a TB test. No CHANCE I was going to allow that lady free acess to my arms with needles.... And I love anime ect. Thats only a suprise to people in the real world though. You all can guess, lol.
Jennafina's Love Your Body Already Dammit Campaign

forum353.html

(To find out what it really is, just click.)

221 Reviews

Reviews: 221
Thu Dec 01, 2005 4:39 am
Elelel says...

Erm ... I don't know if I can think of anything. I don't even know everything about my personality. Some things I do would seem unusal for it from one perspective of my personality, but when you look at it from another it makes complete sense.

I suppose there was the time yelled at a bully to shut up then refused to apologise to protect my friend ... and I suppose giving up at NaNO was pretty unusal. I usually stick at things until the world ends.
Oh, you're angry! Click your pen.
--Music and Lyrics

136 Reviews

Reviews: 136
Thu Dec 01, 2005 11:36 am
thegirlwhofateloves says...

Arvy - I learn better when I don't have a musty smelling coffee swilling opinionated muppet (I restrained myself there with that word lol) breathing down my neck - I just prefer to go about it my own way. I just couldn't work at school, I just read a lot and stuff. Check out Sabradan's siggy!!!!
www.myspace.com/prettytorture
felicitypepper@hotmail.co.uk

Big up the YWS Massive!

....And I still don't know what SPEW is....

25 Reviews

Reviews: 25
Thu Dec 01, 2005 3:29 pm
Meta-Messiah says...

Gotta agree with lovely fate girl, a school education may give you more security of getting a job, but there is soo much more to life than money and good jobs. I personally have learnt more from reading and intellegent discussion than classes (i say this yet i am very much institutionalised) ahh well i am condemned to be a hypocrite. As far as the unexpected goes, i don't smoke weed, everyone assumes i do due to my long hippy hair, and i am rarely a relaxed person, another assumption based on the hair usually, i can be soooo freaking tense.
"Ich weisse jetzt was keine engle weisse" Wings of desire

43 Reviews

Reviews: 43
Fri Dec 02, 2005 3:26 am
Nai says...

Okay, some of you have had good responses..

Remember, it can be anything. Any surprising or unexpected thing about you.

For example.. I play Dance Dance Revolution.

If you don't know what that is, it's an arcade game where people dance and place their feet in certain places to match the beat or melody of the song playing. It's the game with the pad that has arrows going up, down, left, and right.
ἓν οἶδα ὅτι οὐδὲν οἶδα

798 Reviews

Reviews: 798
Fri Dec 02, 2005 4:02 am
Areida says...

I did not learn that Santa Claus wasn't real until a late age which shall not be disclosed at the current time.

I heard a story about a little girl who was taken from near her home, raped repeatedly, and then murdered and left in a creek. She was eleven, and so was my younger sister at the time. When I heard the story, I got mad. Not just mad, but furious. And so I said the first thing that popped to mind, "If that bastard ever came near my baby sister I swear to God I'd castrate him, chop his penis up into pieces and then make him eat it."

Umm... yeah. That shocked my father and me.
Got YWS?

"Most of us have far more courage than we ever dreamed we possessed."
- Dale Carnegie

43 Reviews

Reviews: 43
Fri Dec 02, 2005 4:35 am
Nai says...

Wow, well, I wouldn't criticize you for it if you did do it.
ἓν οἶδα ὅτι οὐδὲν οἶδα

Random avatar

Reviews: 142
Fri Dec 02, 2005 5:37 am
Doctor Kitty says...

Wow...More dropouts than I expected. :/ A little depressing.

Something unexpected I've done recently? I've let my hair grow out! :D

Wow, Areida. That was quite an intense comment. But justly so. Rape is depressing. (I think rapists should get their *thingies* chopped off. I bet it would be one hell of an efficent punishment.)

The world makes me sick sometimes.

I learn better when I don't have a musty smelling coffee swilling opinionated muppet

You sound like you allowed a bad experience to ruin your view on school. You know what I did to find the right school for me? I transferred. And I transferred. And I transferred. And I managed to find a school with 1) no arsehole kids. 2) no arsehole teachers. and 3) Huge academic opportunities. Sure, every school has its downsides, but it's possible to find one that fits to you. (I'm in a private school, by the way. That factor eliminates some "arseholiness" threat. Public school is icky.)

I don't mean to impose. I'm just sharing my story.

And please. When I say I attend a private school, I do not mean to sound like a snobby rich kid. Good Lord, I'm no where near rich. I say this just because people who mention they attend private school tend to get...labeled. A Labelmaker does not work on a waffle. That is all. :P)

13 Reviews

Reviews: 13
Fri Dec 02, 2005 6:01 am
ConvolutedEmpty says...

I dislike femslash.

It always suprises people 'cuz I'm the sick-minded one in my group and I'm open to almost everything.

I just don't like femslash.

I don't mind lesbians. I just don't like reading about it. Gay guys, sure. Lesbians no. That always shocks people.
Words are spilling out like endless rain into a paper cup, they slither while they pass. They slip away across the universe... Pools of sorrow, waves of joy are drifting thorough my open mind possessing and caressing me..

657 Reviews

Reviews: 657
Fri Dec 02, 2005 7:29 am
Jennafina says...

Wow Ari! You rock! :D
Jennafina's Love Your Body Already Dammit Campaign

forum353.html

(To find out what it really is, just click.)

136 Reviews

Reviews: 136
Mon Dec 05, 2005 11:56 am
thegirlwhofateloves says...

Awwww....Ari.... :D
www.myspace.com/prettytorture
felicitypepper@hotmail.co.uk

Big up the YWS Massive!

....And I still don't know what SPEW is....

"It suddenly struck me that that tiny pea, pretty and blue, was the Earth. I put up my thumb and shut one eye, and my thumb blotted out the planet Earth. I didn't feel like a giant. I felt very, very small."
— Neil Armstrong