z

Young Writers Society

I'm looking for talented writer's for a children's magazine

Random avatar

Reviews: 0
Sun Oct 21, 2007 3:49 pm
bonbear says...

Hi guys,
I'm a senior at high school and my senior project is to start a children's magazine called JJ Express. We are currently looking for talented writers who are interested in writing:
(a) articles
(b) stories
OR
(c) plot lines for comics/cartoons

Visit our website www.jjexpress.sitesled.com for more info or email me at editor.jjexpress@gmail.com. Let me know if you have any ideas about where else to look for writers...

Submission guidelines below for your convenience.

*********************************************************************************

Writing
We need articles, stories, plays, and comics storylines etc.
- Limit word length: approximately 800-1000 words (depending on nature of piece)
- Double-space all work
- We’re sorry, we do not return writing. Make sure you have your own copy

When preparing your submission, please keep in mind the audience we are targeting. Read past issues of American Girl, Disney Adventures, and Muse to get an idea of the style we are looking for.

All work must be original. Download an originality statement from our website http://jjexpress.sitesled.com/originalitystatement/ or send us a SASE for one.

Each piece must be labeled with the artist’s name, home address, and a cover letter.

Include a self-addressed, stamped envelope (SASE) for a response.

You will receive a response within a month if we plan on using you work. If you have not heard from us by then, you can assume that we could not use your work at this time. Do not be discouraged and keep trying! Feel free to email us at jjexpress_editor@gmail.com to known the status of your submission.

We are open to new ideas too. If you have an idea that has not been included in the submissions guidelines (i.e. games, crafts, puzzles, etc.) feel free to send you idea in - we love fresh new ideas!
Mail all submissions to:

JJ Express
P.O. Box 83848
Gaithersburg, MD 20883

504 Reviews

Reviews: 504
Sun Oct 21, 2007 3:57 pm
Dream Deep says...

I'll certainly be looking into this further. :D

2058 Reviews

Reviews: 2058
Sun Oct 21, 2007 3:57 pm
Emerson says...

I'm going to move this to randomness because ads don't belong here.

I went to the web site and didn't get anything. I may lock it/delete it in a while. Or maybe the author just put up the wrong link. *raises eyebrow*

In any case, anyone looking at this: keep up your guard about things posted online!
“It's necessary to have wished for death in order to know how good it is to live.”
― Alexandre Dumas, The Count of Monte Cristo

504 Reviews

Reviews: 504
Sun Oct 21, 2007 5:58 pm
Dream Deep says...

Ja, isn't that the truth. I'll bear it in mind, Till. ^_^

[EDIT: Hmm, I just tried the website and couldn't get anything either... *more shifty eyes* Perhaps the staff could e-mail the member, if the alternative is locking the topic?]

694 Reviews

Reviews: 694
Sun Oct 21, 2007 9:50 pm
Via says...

Aye, I tried it earlier as well. I'm a bit nervous with it as it is...considering it appears this person joined only to post this. I would have felt much more comfortable if it were someone who had been around longer, or posted...anything else.
My Literary and Arts Blog

"I think I'd miss you even if we'd never met." -The Wedding Date

I write because I don't know what I think until I read what I say.
— Flannery O'Connor