z

Young Writers Society

Ask a question!

455 Reviews

Reviews: 455
Fri Jun 05, 2020 10:43 pm
Hijinks says...

Really athletic, because I'm horrible at sports and I'd love to know what it'd be like to be good at sports.

If you could do one thing with absolutely no consequences, what'd it be?
When you're faced with something you don't understand, I think the most natural thing but also least interesting thing you can be is afraid.

-- Hank Green

they/them
(previously whatchamacallit and Seirre)

41 Reviews

Reviews: 41
Fri Jun 05, 2020 11:17 pm
Shadeflame says...

Hmmmmmmmm. Loading, loading, loading....

I'd probably do something super thrilling, like sky diving or bungee jumping. Although I might decide to just travel the world.

I totally didn't just look up questions to ask people

What's the single best piece of advice you ever received?
English isn't a language, it's three languages stacked up on top of each other wearing a trenchcoat.

114 Reviews

Reviews: 114
Fri Jun 05, 2020 11:52 pm
Necromancer14 says...

That I should learn music. (They (my mom) were right. I'm great at it if I say so myself.)

Can you play any instruments?
Dumbledore: "Now, it's great that you've been saving the school and all Harry, but unfortunately your grades have been a tad low, and, well... perhaps Gandalf could explain it better... hit it, Gandalf!

Gandalf: "YOU SHALL NOT PASS!"

22 Reviews

Reviews: 22
Sat Jun 06, 2020 5:17 am
Draculus says...

Yeah, I can play people's nerves. But if seriously, no, I have only wanted to learn.

Imagine that you appeared in a wild forest you've never seen before, you don't know where you are, and it's certainly very dangerous there, but you have a backpack filled with useful stuff. Would you rather prefer appearing there alone so you don't carry respobsibility for someone else, or with a bunch of strangers who could be of some use?

41 Reviews

Sat Jun 06, 2020 11:59 am
Shadeflame says...

Oh, definitely the strangers, unless one of them was a psycho killer or something. They could help me, and if one of them was really creepy, I could just take my pack and run. Besides, people sort of lose their minds when they're alone. I liked Cast Away, but I don't want to resort to making my own Wilson. xD

What is your favorite book?
English isn't a language, it's three languages stacked up on top of each other wearing a trenchcoat.

22 Reviews

Sat Jun 06, 2020 1:00 pm
Draculus says...

Six of Crows duology (I can't divide them) by Leigh Bardugo. I'm amazingly big fan of her books, but Six of Crows is the best.

If you had a chance to move to any country in the world and live there, what country would it be?

114 Reviews

Sat Jun 06, 2020 1:28 pm
Necromancer14 says...

Either Scotland or Switzerland.

Do you absolutely love spicy food?
Dumbledore: "Now, it's great that you've been saving the school and all Harry, but unfortunately your grades have been a tad low, and, well... perhaps Gandalf could explain it better... hit it, Gandalf!

22 Reviews

Sat Jun 06, 2020 2:45 pm
Draculus says...

Ilove the rich smell of spices more then their taste, so I always try to add something strong-smelling to my meals. Although I can't say I absolutely love spicy food.

What does inspire you for writing? What do you do to inspire yourself?

41 Reviews

Mon Jun 08, 2020 10:04 pm
Shadeflame says...

When I need to be inspired, I go on Pinterest and look up writing prompts. Then, I save millions of them to a board and resolve to use them but never do so because I realize that I have a novel to write and I shouldn't slack off.

But seriously, if you're ever stuck, just look up dialogue writing prompts. They help.

Why did you start writing?

22 Reviews

Mon Jun 08, 2020 10:29 pm
Draculus says...

At first, it all started with TRPGs, I just had rich imagination and liked making up stories, characters, and locations. Then I got inspired by somebody's character and decided to create a story based on its bio. I've always loved it: putting imaginary heroes in different situations, describing their feelings, drawing amazing pictures in my mind. But I've always been doing it for other people because I wanted them to see what I see, to imagine what I imagine, and get the very same pleasure. Then it turned out that I can carry some important issues on to people, make them think on some problems, form opinions. That's how I approach it now, trying not to write 'empty' or useless fiction.

How did you come up with your username?

455 Reviews

Tue Jun 09, 2020 1:19 am
Hijinks says...

I frequently blank out on the word I'm looking for and just sort of stall for 5 minutes until I finally remember the exact word because I know there's one particular word that has the perfect meaning for the context AND I DON'T WANT A SYNONYM... but the one acceptable synonym to all words, in my opinion, is whatchamacallit.

What was the last thing that made you full out belly laugh?
When you're faced with something you don't understand, I think the most natural thing but also least interesting thing you can be is afraid.

-- Hank Green

they/them

114 Reviews

Tue Jun 09, 2020 12:44 pm
Necromancer14 says...

The bathroom scene from Angry Birds 2

What is your least favorite food?

22 Reviews

Tue Jun 09, 2020 1:44 pm
Draculus says...

Liver, mushrooms, fried peanuts. Not combined.

What is your favorite planet of the Solar System?

455 Reviews

Tue Jun 09, 2020 1:59 pm
Hijinks says...

Pluto, because Pluto deserves to be a planet (also I think they might have changed its status back to a planet).

If you had the chance to visit the ISS, would you?

-- Hank Green

they/them

22 Reviews

Tue Jun 09, 2020 2:06 pm
Draculus says...

Hardly. If I had a chance to go catch a space bus, get there in an hour, and leave the ISS in two days, I would. Otherwise, I simply doubt I need it.

Do you have a favorite superhero? If yes, why is he/she your favorite?

I do not use my siblings as the cleaning equipment.
— Tuckster