Young Writers Society

The. Three. Questions.

76 Reviews

Reviews: 76
Fri Feb 18, 2022 1:29 pm
Phillauthet says...

1. No
2. No
3. Yes (Just take a random online test. Can't say accuracy tho.)

1. Have you broken a mirror?
2. Have you made a periscope?
3. Have you visited India?
bleh?

1228 Reviews

Reviews: 1228
Fri Feb 18, 2022 1:41 pm
alliyah says...

1. Yes
2. Yes
3. No

~~~

1. Favorite saying / verse / quote/ scripture
2. Have any rediculous habits you want to share?
3. Best smoothie flavor?
you should know i am a time traveler &
there is no season as achingly temporary as now
but i have promised to return

30 Reviews

Reviews: 30
Fri Feb 18, 2022 1:46 pm
View Likes
NewHope says...

1. Everything is impossible until it's done. - Nelson Mandela
2. I... Have horrible sentence structure... My Dyspraxia confuses a sentence like: I’m fine. I’d write I’me fine because my head is thinking of fine.
3. Milk Tart

1. Have you tried Milk Tart?
2. Do you know an accurate IQ tester? (I got 2400 once...)
3. Have you heard of Nelson Mandela?

1228 Reviews

Fri Feb 18, 2022 1:53 pm
alliyah says...

1. No idea what that is
2. Hmm not off the top of my head
3. Of course! I took a course on Restorative Justice once where we studied the South African apartheid, TRCC, and read some works by Bishop Desmond Tutu and Nelson Mandela that was extremely impactful - and actually was one of the pushs for me deciding not to be a lawyer, because I kind of gave up on retributive justice in a way. I was actually applying to law schools at the time but had a big shift in thinking. Before that class the only thing I knew about him was from the movie Invictus because he's not a real prominent figure to learn about in US history schooling. ~ there is your fun alliyah fact for the day.

~~~
1. Best class you've ever taken?
2. Favorite TV shows
3. Do you believe in aliens, why or why not?

30 Reviews

Reviews: 30
Fri Feb 18, 2022 2:07 pm
NewHope says...

Milk Tart is a South African Dessert.

I am South African so I know Nelson Mandela well.

1. History… (I’m not in Grade 10 yet.)
2. Documentaries… Too many.
3. Yes. I believe in alien microorganisms because it just so adaptable.

1. Do you like Jostory?
2. Favourite docuseries?
3. Belief on region. Explain.

1232 Reviews

Reviews: 1232
Fri Feb 18, 2022 2:41 pm
MailicedeNamedy says...

1. I don´t know what this is.
2. I guess National Geographic and Journeyman Pictures
3. I think religion is a bearer of hope for people to make some things more understandable and to find their place in the world. There is something like a connection between consciousness and religion. People try to find an explanation in the simplest way and then build it up into science. I see religion as an important pillar for people to find inner peace. I don´t want to go too deep into it, so that´s the shortest I can reply. I myself am an atheist.

1. What is a memory you want to have before you die?
2. Would you like to be reborn with all the knowledge you have now?
3. Monotheism or Polytheism.
Reality is a prison and time is its guard

I´m just a random girl with gentle manners

Every bad voice in your head was once outside

Random avatar

Reviews: 130
Fri Feb 18, 2022 6:14 pm
Stellarjay says...

1. Watching a sunset on the water with my SO and being at peace with the world.
2. Nope!
3. monotheism (that's the one where you only believe in one God right?)

Questions
1. What is your favorite plant
2. what is your favorite colour?
3. If you could have any job in the world what would it be?

1232 Reviews

Fri Feb 18, 2022 9:09 pm
MailicedeNamedy says...

(that´s correct with monotheism)

1. Deciding, for one thing, is always difficult. I like a lot of plants, like trees and moss but I think I'll stick with the cornflower. Because it is blue, actually blue.
2. Purple! Every shade of purple is just beautiful.
3. My first answer would probably have been teacher, but I think something like a cultural researcher/explorer would definitely be what I want to do.

My questions:

1. Which famous person(s) would you like to meet? Why?
2. If you had the opportunity to build a house somewhere you wanted, where would you build the house so that you could spend the rest of your life there?
3. Do you believe that in true love one can still be together as immaterial souls even beyond eternity?

453 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 453
Fri Feb 18, 2022 9:51 pm
View Likes
Lib says...

1) Fatima bc she's amazing and I love her
2) The suburban/urban area bc I've tried living in a super populated urban area which was bleh and then I've lived in a rural/suburban mix area and it was also bleh but the suburban/urban area was my absolute favorite
3) That's actually so deep. Uhh yes? If true love exists, sure. But if not then oh well.

Okayyy questions:

1) Milk chocolate or dark chocolate?
2) What's your favorite memory ever? I'm keeping this super broad.
3) Favorite movie and why?
*insert quirky signature here*

1232 Reviews

Fri Feb 18, 2022 10:05 pm
View Likes
MailicedeNamedy says...

1. Milk chocolate

2. Such a difficult question. I think there are a few. The earliest, happiest memory I have was about 20 years ago when I got glasses. I don't remember why, but somehow everything was so nice that day and I only have positive feelings in my head when I think back on it.
Another nice memory is the day I got my degree and was able to start looking for a university afterwards. But that wasn't all, it was the World Cup and that night my favourite team won 7 to 1. With all my friends together, it was very nice.
But I think the best memory I've had in my life so far was when my friends and I went to Mallorca and lived in two fincas. We went kite surfing, water skiing and hiking. In the afternoons we went to the pool and cooked together and at night we watched the stars.

3.My favourite film is The Fountain by Darren Aronofsky. It's a wonderful film that stands out for its colours, lighting effects, story and that beautiful, tear-jerking soundtrack. The film is about a doctor trying to cure his wife who has a tumour. But while she is already resigned to death and only wants her husband to finish the story she started, the man is too busy trying to beat death. It is difficult to summarise the film because it is a very philosophical and at the same time artful film. (This is also how my previous question 3 came about).

My questions:

1. Which country do you think has the finest shape / borders?
2. Would you like to be immortal? (You would never die, but still, your teeth would maybe fall off and you would have bruises and feel pain, etc...?)
3. Do you believe humans should explore space nowadays or focus more on earthly conflicts?

935 Reviews

Reviews: 935
Sat Feb 19, 2022 2:51 am
View Likes
Shady says...

1. ik this is cheesy but I can't help but love Italy's lil boot
2. Absolutely not.
3. I think space exploration is absolutely fascinating -- and I'm generally pro-spending-money-on-science even if it doesn't immediately seem useful -- but it does kind of feel like a huge sink of cash for no immediately apparent benefit. So, I suppose I'd have to vote for studying more about the Earth. There's tons we don't know about here such as creatures in the deep sea

~

1. Have you ever fallen in love?
2. Would you rather never have pets again or have to keep whatever pet your sibling chose for you for the rest of your/its life?
3. Plastic or metal reusable water bottle?

"u and rina are systematically watering down the grammar of yws" - Atticus
"From the fish mother to the fish death god." - lehmanf
"A fish stole my identity. I blame shady" - Omni
[they/he]

1228 Reviews

Sat Feb 19, 2022 3:44 am
View Likes
alliyah says...

^ Oh I was going to say Italy for that one too! Really can't beat the boot.

~~~

1. for sure (x2)
2. I'd love to have whatever pet my sister would choose for me if my apartment allowed pets. Odds are it would be a cat, she's a cat person. I'm good with cats as long as they don't try to gouge out your eyes while you sleep. :)
3. the reusable plastic type! Metal is just too heavy

~~~

Questions for you:
1. What's one of your biggest life goals?
2. How do you drink your coffee?
3. What's a political issue you are passionate about?

935 Reviews

Sat Feb 19, 2022 3:49 am
View Likes
Shady says...

1. To find a career involving fish that is fulfilling (I'd thought I wanted to be a professor, now I'm not so sure -- but I feel like there's got to be some fish biology job I'd like)
2. Vanilla latte! I mean, I don't actually drink coffee because the caffeine turns me into a spazzy chipmunk that can't sit still or stop talking xD But I love vanilla lattes
3. BLM ✊

~

1. Do you like Chex Mix? If so, what flavor?
2. Have you ever drawn something you're really proud of?
3. Do you have a favorite board game?

[they/he]

1228 Reviews

Sat Feb 19, 2022 4:14 am
View Likes
alliyah says...

Ah excellent answers! And good luck on the job search - there's gotta be a fishy job out there just perfect for you! <><

1. Yes. Just the cheese one - and I eat all the pretzels first.
2. Yes! My favorite picture I've ever drawn is a black and white portrait of my grandmother when she was in her late 20s, I spent weeks on it in High School and don't think I've ever drawn something so nice since - I gave it to my mom for Christmas that year, and now that I've gotten more into ancestry it's even more special to me because I can notice her resemblance in myself, and in our older ancestors too. On YWS, my favorite thing that I've drawn is probably my chicken drawing that has little baby chickens with it that I use as an avatar sometimes and I adore all my birds from 2020 napo just as much for the poetic associations as the "artistry".
3. My favorite board game is probably chess - though if you have the right crew ticket to ride and scrabble are really fun too.

~~~

1. What's the longest road trip you've ever taken?
2. If Gordan Ramsey (from "Hell's Kitchen") demanded that you cook your signature dish, what would it be?
3. How do you think Ferris Wheels were invented?

935 Reviews

Sat Feb 19, 2022 6:06 am
View Likes
Shady says...

Ooh nice!

1. I am not actually which one is more miles haha but I went from Oklahoma to Texas to Louisiana to South Carolina to Virginia to West Virginia to New York to Connecticut to Ohio to Missouri to Arkansas then back to Oklahoma -- but that was over multiple weeks so dunno if it counts haha! The most intensive one I've probably ever taken was when I was sampling for my fishies in Mexico we flew into Mexico City and made a HUGE loop through Puebla, Veracruz, Oaxaca, and Guerrero, then back to Mexico City. It was like a week of getting breakfast at 7:30, hitting the road, and driving all day to different sampling sites just eating at various gas stations, and then getting dinner after it was dark outside. Very intense haha

2. I would simply perish xD But my chili is pretty good!

3. You broke my brain with this one xD Maybe someone was watching a water mill and was like "That looks like fun" and decided to make it happen xD

~

1. What is the animal you're most afraid of?
2. Favorite word processor?
3. How do you back up your work?

[they/he]

Wist is Ley's mind, confirmed
— WeepingWisteria