z

Young Writers Society

Ask a question!

142 Reviews

Reviews: 142
Wed May 13, 2020 3:49 pm
looseleaf says...

I haven't even read it yet, but Twilight. If it has to be a book series I've read, it has to be "Wildwood". It progressed too quickly and just... ugh.

Would you want the ability to hear the thoughts of people near you if you couldn’t turn the ability off?

158 Reviews

Reviews: 158
Wed May 13, 2020 6:11 pm
Hkumar says...

Being able to hear the thoughts of person next to you sounds interesting but if I am not able to turn it off whenever I don't wish to hear them then I really don't want such an ability. It will drive me crazy. Moreover most of the time I am surrounded with 'friends' who apparently don't consider me as their friend and are very mean most of the time. So I really don't wish to hear their bad thoughts about me. (*sighs)

If given a chance, would you like to go for skydiving thousands of feet above the ground or go for scuba diving to explore the deepest of the oceans. (provided you are safe in either case and no accidents are going to occur)
I only put my signature on big cheques.

453 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 453
Thu May 14, 2020 9:59 pm
View Likes
Lib says...

Asdfghjkl that's hard but hmmm I think I'd go scuba diving!! ;w;

What sound do you love?
*insert quirky signature here*

455 Reviews

Reviews: 455
Fri May 15, 2020 12:40 am
View Likes
Hijinks says...

The sound of my cat purring.

If you could only eat one food/dish for the rest of your life, what would it be?
When you're faced with something you don't understand, I think the most natural thing but also least interesting thing you can be is afraid.

-- Hank Green

they/them
(previously whatchamacallit and Seirre)

1228 Reviews

Reviews: 1228
Fri May 15, 2020 2:47 pm
alliyah says...

If it's a food - eggs - they are so versatile! If it's a dish, Sandwiches - all major food groups covered, and they're delicious. In high school I worked at a sandwich shop and I would absolutely be content if that was the only food available for life.

Question: What is the best thing you've ever written and why?
you should know i am a time traveler &
there is no season as achingly temporary as now
but i have promised to return

142 Reviews

Reviews: 142
Fri May 15, 2020 2:52 pm
View Likes
looseleaf says...

@alliyah - A 500/1000 word story about some girl who's dad was a god and hated mortals and etc. It was the best because it was the first story I actually enjoyed writing and I won third place in a city-wide competition for it. I got $20, a certificate, and two free ice cream cards.

What (an accomplishment, writing, practically anything) are you proudest of?

455 Reviews

Reviews: 455
Sun May 17, 2020 3:46 pm
View Likes
Hijinks says...

I'd say I'm most proud of my French horn skills. It's notoriously hard to play, and when I started learning in grade 9 band class I was expecting to find it really difficult (and it was quite difficult). But, I worked really hard and by the end of the semester I could play up to F5 (concert pitch Bflat4), which was vastly better than when I started. And I was (and am) pretty proud of that.

What is your biggest pet peeve?
When you're faced with something you don't understand, I think the most natural thing but also least interesting thing you can be is afraid.

-- Hank Green

they/them
(previously whatchamacallit and Seirre)

174 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 174
Thu May 21, 2020 8:18 am
View Likes
soundofmind says...

I don't have any pets!

What's one of the weirdest and/or funniest dreams you've ever dreamt?
Pants are an illusion. And so is death.

158 Reviews

Reviews: 158
Thu Jun 04, 2020 6:40 pm
Hkumar says...

Okay so just last night I saw Phoebe(From the TV sitcom FRIENDS) came to my house to teach me how to sing 'Smelly Cats' on Guitar. We both then hit to the streets to play it infront of a crowd but then police came to arrest us because our horrible singing was considered an act of terrorism. xD

If there is a book written on your life, what should be its title?
I only put my signature on big cheques.

41 Reviews

Reviews: 41
Thu Jun 04, 2020 8:53 pm
View Likes
Shadeflame says...

Your dream is HILARIOUS! xD I totally haven't had super weird dreams myself

Its title would probably be The Life Of An Animal Obsessed Human

Have you read the Hunger Games and if so did you like it?
English isn't a language, it's three languages stacked up on top of each other wearing a trenchcoat.

114 Reviews

Reviews: 114
Thu Jun 04, 2020 9:15 pm
Necromancer14 says...

No, I've not read the Hunger Games. (*Gasp!* *Shock!*)

Have you read Fablehaven, and if so, did you like it?
Dumbledore: "Now, it's great that you've been saving the school and all Harry, but unfortunately your grades have been a tad low, and, well... perhaps Gandalf could explain it better... hit it, Gandalf!

Gandalf: "YOU SHALL NOT PASS!"

22 Reviews

Reviews: 22
Thu Jun 04, 2020 9:43 pm
Draculus says...

No, I haven't, but I really love Brandon Mull's books from Spirit Animals series.

If you've watched Harry Potter movies, what is your favorite one? (Just wondering if there are people who love Prisoner of Azkaban as much as I do)

114 Reviews

Thu Jun 04, 2020 10:25 pm
Necromancer14 says...

I've only watched the first four movies (and read all the books) but out of the ones I've seen, yeah, I think Prisoner of Azkaban was the best. Definitely better than the Goblet of Fire for sure, that movie was done horribly...

Have you watched the Percy Jackson movies, and do you agree that they need a re-do?
Dumbledore: "Now, it's great that you've been saving the school and all Harry, but unfortunately your grades have been a tad low, and, well... perhaps Gandalf could explain it better... hit it, Gandalf!

22 Reviews

Reviews: 22
Fri Jun 05, 2020 5:58 am
Draculus says...

Oh yeah, I've watched both of them. First movie is done much better than the second, and I consider it good enough. Second movie, as for me, is almost absolutely awful. I guess they both could do with some improvements, though, for example showing more of that half-gods' school, that's what I definitely would like to see. A little more relationships between gods and children shown, and more characters connected with different gods. Another actress for Athena's daughter. Less pathos, a bit more creative operator's work. A bit more epic villain. And the second film... well, I prefer it didn't exist at all, that'd be the best re-do.

Among all fictional languages you know of, what is the one you'd like to speak?
For me it's...
Spoiler! :
Parseltongue

114 Reviews

Fri Jun 05, 2020 12:56 pm
Necromancer14 says...

For me it would be the language "Edomic." That way I could do magic.

If you could either become really smart or really athletic, which would you choose?

I have my books and my poetry to protect me.
— Paul Simon