z

Young Writers Society

The. Three. Questions.

935 Reviews

Reviews: 935
Sat Feb 12, 2022 10:37 am
Shady says...

Okay I was filling this out while Harry was posting apparently and I am lazy so… yeah. We gonna pretend like it’s okay to stack em.

yes good call i have indeed been beckoned

1) not really they kinda creep me out when I look too close but also I do enjoy a good ant line when it’s nowhere close to somewhere that would affect me so maybe?

2) yes. xD I am most definitely a nerd but I feel like I just own it with enough confidence people like me anyway hahaha

3) yep! I used to love it as a little kid. I would perish if I tried now haha

Questions:
1) Have you ever done a belly smack?
2) What’s your favorite flavor Skittle?
3) Do you prefer sweet or salty snacks?

"u and rina are systematically watering down the grammar of yws" - Atticus
"From the fish mother to the fish death god." - lehmanf
"A fish stole my identity. I blame shady" - Omni
[they/he]

1232 Reviews

Reviews: 1232
Sat Feb 12, 2022 11:37 am
View Likes
MailicedeNamedy says...

1) Have you ever done a belly smack?
- Yes, when I was trying to learn how to do a header into the water.

2) What’s your favorite flavor Skittle?
- I´ve never tried Skittle, but probably something purple or red.

3) Do you prefer sweet or salty snacks?
- Sweet

1) Have you ever had to cry over a series?
2) What is your favourite video game if any?
3) Have you ever tried to eat something that isn´t "normal" for your region / country?
Reality is a prison and time is its guard

I´m just a random girl with gentle manners

Every bad voice in your head was once outside

1228 Reviews

Reviews: 1228
Sat Feb 12, 2022 9:22 pm
View Likes
alliyah says...

1) Yes many series TV & books; I very easily cry over things
2) Roller Coaster Tycoon, Mario Kart, and Fish Tycoon
3) Yes, I'm not a very picky eater so am normally willing to at least try anything -> probably the strangest dish I've ever had (flavor combinations are relative, so not strange for the person preparing it, just strange for me) I'm from the US, but had a friend in school who was from Ethiopia who prepared a chicken dish that included spicy marinara sauce and boiled eggs together (I think it was the dish in this article) and then it is eaten with pieces of a sort of tortilla bread. That was very different for me.

~~ your questions ~~

1) What color is your personality? why?

2) what is your proudest work on YWS?

3) what is your go-to karaoke song?
you should know i am a time traveler &
there is no season as achingly temporary as now
but i have promised to return

1232 Reviews

Sat Feb 12, 2022 10:00 pm
View Likes
MailicedeNamedy says...

1) What color is your personality? why?
Tricky question. I think it's just like my favourite colour, purple. As it is a mixture of the warm red and the cooler blue, it also suits me character-wise, as I am very guided by my feelings, which sometimes also means that I am more open but also more closed, a bit more " combative" but also absent-minded.

2) what is your proudest work on YWS?
Since I only have three or four different works here, it will be Longing of a Maiden Rose. Since it's the first time I'm showing something of mine to the public, I chose this story. I'm generally very proud of the story for the build-up and how - in my opinion - I want to achieve some kind of hope / change for the reader with it.

3) what is your go-to karaoke song?
I would definitely say something by Rammstein, but I think it's the song "Augen auf" (Eyes open) by Oomph! and "Vollmond" (Full moon) by Nena.

1) What is the best thing that has happened to you here on YWS?
2) If you had the choice between becoming a pilot or a captain, what would you choose and why?
3) If you could create a country, how would your flag look like?

76 Reviews

Reviews: 76
Sun Feb 13, 2022 12:23 pm
Phillauthet says...

1. I think all the friends, but the single event would be either getting FM or RevMo 2021.

2. I'm assuming you mean a ship's captain. This is a reaaaally tough question. I'd love both, but maybe the captain will get one point more.

3. My flag would probably be a chaotic abstract background with two cross-eyes and a tongue sticking out.

Questions:

1. What would you choose, between owning a library and owning a theatre?
2. Would you take a 5-star hotel in a busy city or a cottage in the mountains?
3. Do you prefer pencils or pens?
bleh?

1232 Reviews

Sun Feb 13, 2022 8:50 pm
MailicedeNamedy says...

I love your answers! :D

1. Having a library would be nice, of course, but having a theatre would make me feel like people were coming to visit, see a play, and talk to me. It's more planned because the performances are only at certain times, whereas a library is open all day so anyone can just pop in. But I stick to a library, I don't have to open the door to anyone.

2. Cottage in the mountains <3

3. I prefer pencils. They are way cooler to write and you can use them until they are very tiny.

My questions:

1. Do you believe in ghosts or other beings like demons, crypto animals, etc...?
2. What would you do if you had one day one billion dollars?
3. Do you have some kind of tic? Like curling the hair with the finger, sucking the thumb, etc...

453 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 453
Sun Feb 13, 2022 9:01 pm
View Likes
Lib says...

I didn't realize this had been revived after like 3 years omg xD

Okay I'm going to give this a go!

1) Nope, not at all. But there was a phase in my life where I believed with all my heart as a tiny child that my shadow was a completely different being. Like a being on its own yk? It was weird @_@

2) Solve the world's problems man, and then if I had left overs (unlikely but a girl can dream) I'll buy a bookstore/cafe on a cobblestone street and have like 50 birds there and work there forever <3

3) Rubbing my necklace, or if I'm not wearing it (rarely) I rub my ear

Okay okay my questions. Hmm

1) What's the randomest thing you've ever had in your fridge?
2) If you could choose between animals and plants, which would it be and why?
3) DC or Marvel?
*insert quirky signature here*

1232 Reviews

Sun Feb 13, 2022 9:53 pm
View Likes
MailicedeNamedy says...

I don´t find your answer to 1 weird. I thought too that the shadow was something that comes and goes to you like a bird or so. :D

1) My sunglasses. I had just come back from holiday and my flatmate was tidying everything up and I somehow mistook a box of chocolates for her for my etui.

2) Fascinating question. What exactly does that refer to? That only one of the two still exists or that I want to be one of the two? Either way, it's a difficult question. I would prefer animals because they can simply move around everywhere. That doesn't mean that plants are boring. But plants are so fascinating, how they have evolved and what chemicals they have to defend themselves against animals.

I think I'll stick with plants for the diversity that most people just don't see.

3) I´m not really into anything of these two options. I don´t even know what the difference is, so I´m taking Marvel.

My questions

1) Which book would you wish you could forget everything about, just to read it again for the first time?

2) If you could move to any planet there is, which one would you choose? Why? It doesn't have to be one from our solar system.

3)Which personality from the past would you like to bring into the present to show what the world looks like today?

76 Reviews

Reviews: 76
Mon Feb 14, 2022 12:13 am
Phillauthet says...

1. Amish's Raavan
2. I'd move to Kepler-452b. Apparently it has life.
3. That is difficult... Idk... I'm choosing randomly... Mahatma Gandhi

Questions:
1. Have you ever slapped someone?
2. Do you talk to non-human organisms like they're human? (Or is that only me...)
3. Have you ever seen an ant with pincers?
bleh?

Random avatar

Reviews: 130
Tue Feb 15, 2022 12:40 am
Stellarjay says...

1. Yes I have admittedly slapped my brother (He slapped me first okay!)
2. I talk to birds, my lizard and trees all the time. I've talked to the sky as well.
3. I have! I've also been bitten by one. that was fun lol

Questions:
1. What is your favorite tea or coffee
2. If you've ever gone on a roadtrip, how far have you gone?
3. how many plants do you have in your room?

1232 Reviews

Wed Feb 16, 2022 1:00 pm
MailicedeNamedy says...

1. Almond Tea
2. I´ve done a road trip through Europe. Europe meant: Spain, France, Italy, Switzerland, Liechtenstein, Austria, Germany, the Benelux countries, Denmark, Poland and Czechia. We did that in a camper for 4 weeks.
3. Three cacti.

My questions:

1. What is the funniest memory you can think of?
2. Were you ever too late for an important meeting/school, etc?
3. What is the largest painting you have ever painted?

659 Reviews

Reviews: 659
Wed Feb 16, 2022 7:55 pm
View Likes
RandomTalks says...

1. I am going to put this in spoiler because its really too long.
Spoiler! :
I don't know about funniest. But recently I made a spectacle of myself by sitting in the wrong classroom. We have to change our classes every periods and since its a new thing and I am too lazy, I forgot to check my room allotments. I followed a guy who I knew had Pol sc. into the classroom where we have had the subject before. Pretty soon though, I realized that I don't recognize the teacher or any of the students. That was also the moment I realized I was in the wrong classroom. I then proceeded to make a pretty great spectacle of myself by announcing that realization out loud in a high pitched voice and rushing out of the class with my bag cradled in my arms and everybody laughing after me. I did make it to the right classroom though, and just when the bell rung, the teacher from that other classroom came with a boy tagging behind her. Turns out that the guy I had been following, had in turn been following me. He hadn't noticed when I had left and had only realized he was learning the wrong subject 5 minutes before the bell went off. The class was rolling in laughter at his story, but I was only glad he hadn't said my name when the teacher asked "who was the person he had been tagging after?"

2. I think I have been late for everything in my life. I once turned up to a tuition 1 and a half hrs late because I got the timing wrong. And there was the other time, when I had to practically run to my school on picture day because of bad traffic. The receptionist actually made me and my brother sit down because we were so red from running and were heaving like fish out of water.

3. Does wall graffiti count? Because I suck at painting, but I am really great at destroying the perfectly fine walls at our house with crayons and pencils with my niece. Its not exactly a painting, but we consider it art, and make sure to leave no space bare.

Okay, now questions!

1. What is your favorite book and why?
2. What is your favorite pass time activity?
3. If you were stranded on an island and you could just take 5 things with you what would they be?
“Life’s under no obligation to give us what we expect. We take what we get and are thankful it’s no worse than it is.”

― Margaret Mitchell

1232 Reviews

Wed Feb 16, 2022 8:19 pm
MailicedeNamedy says...

1. My favourite book is When Marnie was There by Joan G. Robinson. It was the first book I read in English when I was nine years old and it has a strong emotional value for me because in many ways I have always found myself in Anna, the main character. It's young adult fiction and I read it every year, like a kind of tradition, because it just gives this beautiful feeling of having something so beautiful and so sad. I also think the book really gives you several messages very well, like you can never be "just" happy, you have to be sad too, and how to overcome loss and loneliness. And it was even made into a film by Studio Ghibli a few years ago! :D

2. Good question, I have several leisure activities, like playing video games, other, sports in general or painting. But I think painting will probably be my favorite one, because I can do it almost everywhere. I like to draw cards and then start to think of a story. I have notebooks full of just random countries that I have drawn sometimes because I got bored. :D

3. Five things; a notebook, a pen, a bottle of water, a swiss pocket knife, and my sis xD

My three questions:

1. What is your favourite school subject and why?
2. If you had the possibility to turn time, would you jump into the future or into the past?
3. Do you have a soundtrack of a film / video game / etc that you particularly like?

659 Reviews

Reviews: 659
Wed Feb 16, 2022 8:33 pm
RandomTalks says...

1. My favorite subject has always been English. Our school system has always been rather rigid, at least it was in the younger classes. I enjoy the free thinking and the creativity that English allows. We are asked our own perspectives and we actually have to think and feel what the author was trying to communicate to us. Besides, I have always found solace in stories (even though the ones taught in our school are boring as hell), so I guess English has always been the subject I never had to work for. It just came to me.

2. That's a great question! I think I would either jump way back to when I was just a child (I really enjoy living in denial) or skip to a time when I actually know what I want in life.

3. I think I listen to soundtracks more than I do to songs. Whenever, I get attached to a movie/ tv show, the first thing I do is look up their soundtracks online. Most of the songs I listen to have made their way to my playlist in a similar way.

Now questions:

1. What's one bad habit you wish you could change?
2. Do you like celebrating your birthday? How does it typically go for you?
3. What's your favorite memory of a rainy day?
“Life’s under no obligation to give us what we expect. We take what we get and are thankful it’s no worse than it is.”

― Margaret Mitchell

Random avatar

Reviews: 130
Thu Feb 17, 2022 1:24 am
View Likes
Stellarjay says...

1. not me exposing myself I can get a little loud sometimes and it can make people extremely confused or just weirded out.
2. oohh idk actually. Birthday's were never a huge thing in my family, so I've never been super into it either. My birthday ussually consists of my going like yaaah, one more year closer to dying! and then that's it.
3. Running out in the rain barefoot with my siblings. We had a lot of fun!

Questions
1. What's your fav holiday and why
2. How long have you been on the site
3. What was the best sunrise/sunset you've ever experianced?

The greatest part of a writer’s time is spent in reading, in order to write; a man will turn over half a library to make one book.
— Samuel Johnson