z

Young Writers Society

Twilight, New Moon, Eclipse

9 Reviews

Reviews: 9
Tue Sep 04, 2007 11:31 pm
laurendoak says...

Beware!!! Major spoilers here!

I just finished reading the entire Twilight series. I had read Twilight last school year for language arts class. A couple of weeks ago, my friend sent me New Moon, and a couple of days ago, I bought Eclipse.

They were so... intense. I read each of these books overnight!

Twilight
They're about this girl named Bella who moves to Forks (an extremely rainy place) from Pheonix, Arizona. She falls in love with vampire! It is about their troubles of her being human, and Edward being a vampire. And he also has to keep constant watch on her because of her being a bad luck magnet and such.

New Moon
For Bella's birthday, Edward throws her a party with his family at their mansion. She falls, and the vampires go wild. Luckily, she doesn't get hurt by them. But, she is hurt when Edward decides to leave to protect her from any more incidents like this. She goes into an extreme depression because of this, and after a few monthes is pulled out by a guy names Jacob. Then, Bella gets wild because when she does anything dangerous, she hears Edward in her head. So, she goes cliff diving before a storm, and she didn't realize the awful water. Edward had his sister, Alice, keeping a watch on Bella (Alice can see the future), and she sees Bella jumping off a cliff. Alice's sister, Rosalie, tells Edward that Bella jumped off and killed herself. So, since Edward loves her so much, he sees no more reason for living. He goes to the Volturi, and asks for death. They say no, so he decides to mess with the order of things. He decides to walk out into the sunlight, and show an entire carnival his shimmering skin (it shimmers like diamonds in the sun). Alice gets Bella to save Edward, but the Volturi found out about his stunt, and want to kill him. They said the only way for all of them to live is to turn Bella into a vampire.

Eclipse
Now, with Edward back, him and Jacob are fighting for Bella. It turns out that Jacob is a werewolve, enemy of the vampire. Well, this vampire, Victoria wants to get revenge at Edward for killing her mate. She does this by trying to kill Bella. Long story short, the vampires and werewolves team up to save Bella from the evil vampire army. Edward asks Bella to marry him in all of this time. She says yes!
You are my brand of heroin.

-Edward Cullen, Twilight.

11 Reviews

Reviews: 11
Tue Sep 11, 2007 8:38 pm
HarmonicWriting says...

I love these books! They're absolutely amazing. They're actually probably my fave books ever!

You on Team Edward or Team Jacob?

41 Reviews

Reviews: 41
Tue Sep 11, 2007 8:44 pm
Layleun says...

Jacob is mine and I want Edward to be with Bella ^^

~[~Lupe~]~

241 Reviews

Reviews: 241
Wed Sep 12, 2007 10:24 pm
lyrical_sunshine says...

(Jacob is better than Edward)

*runs away before Edward fans attack*
“We’re still here,” he says, his voice cold, his hands shaking. “We know how to be invisible, how to play dead. But at the end of the day, we are still here.” ~Dax

Teacher: "What do we do with adjectives in Spanish?"
S: "We eat them!"

270 Reviews

Reviews: 270
Wed Sep 12, 2007 10:29 pm
Alice says...

Hey did you guys know that theres a new book coming out after Eclipse? Its called Breaking Dawn!!!!!! Check out her website. http://www.stepheniemeyer.com/index.html
I just lost the game.

241 Reviews

Thu Sep 13, 2007 12:11 am
lyrical_sunshine says...

YUP!!! i'm excited...i was completely depressed at the end of Eclipse, but i'm still looking forward to the next one. i hope the whole thing with Jacob is resolved somehow.
“We’re still here,” he says, his voice cold, his hands shaking. “We know how to be invisible, how to play dead. But at the end of the day, we are still here.” ~Dax

Reviews: 3
Fri Sep 14, 2007 1:48 am
raven1always says...

I absolutely love the books by Stephenie Meyer! I just don't think I would be able to choose between Jacob or Edward. I mean both are incredibly amazing in their own way! Anyway, I can not wait until the new book appears on the shelves. In the preview at the end of the book Eclipse, it reveals that it is indeed Jacob telling the story. I think it'll be a tad bit awkward. But I'll still voluntarily read the book anyway :D
"One of the hardest things in life is having words in your heart you can't utter."
-James Earl Jones

241 Reviews

Sun Sep 16, 2007 5:37 pm
lyrical_sunshine says...

that was the epilogue, wasn't it?

11 Reviews

Reviews: 11
Wed Sep 19, 2007 11:41 pm
HarmonicWriting says...

Yeah, that was the Epilogue. Jacob won't be telling the story I don't think. I'm pretty sure Stephenie debunked that. That Epilogue was just to make us feel sorry for Jacob I believe. It did the trick though.

And Jake is MINE. Get away! :P

241 Reviews

Thu Sep 20, 2007 10:38 pm
lyrical_sunshine says...

*growls*
i claimed him LONG before you did!! I've been parading in front of him for a year now, waiting for him to imprint on me. HA!!!

12 Reviews

Reviews: 12
Sat Sep 29, 2007 3:23 am
BellaLuna says...

I LOVE this series. AH! It's so wonderful...there just aren't words to describe how amazing this series is. Twilight is my favorite book in the series, with Eclipse coming in second, and New Moon finishing in third. I am a devoted Edward/Bella shipper with a strong dislike for Jacob. I like the best-friend relationship between Jacob and Bella, but their "romantic" relationship makes me ill. Jacob can be so infuriating; I honestly don't know why Bella would even bother with him when she has Edward worshipping the ground she walks on.
Anyway, enough of my anti-Jacob ranting. I cannot wait for Breaking Dawn to be released! I'm really hoping that Bella narrates the whole thing. I absolutely loathed the switch to Jacob's point of view. It was too...abrupt. One minute I'm reading from Bella's point of view and then all of a sudden it switches to a completely and totally opposite perspective: a boy's perspective, a werewolf's perspective. It was confusing...and upsetting. I wanted to hear more from Bella, so I frantically skimmed through the whole epilogue, hoping it would switch back. No such luck. I was very disappointed. I'd rather the books just finish out in Bella's perspective; it is her story after all.

142 Reviews

Reviews: 142
Sat Sep 29, 2007 3:39 am
Bella says...

SPLEE!!! Sorry, I got excited when I saw this, and that was my happy shout. Anywho, BellaLuna! You have my name...well, part of it. And, I love this series...Sorry, I should probably be a bit more...organized. (yeah, right).

I have to agree with BellaLuna~~Jacob is so annoying, it isn't even funny, yet Bella puts up with him for some reason. It makes me ill because Edward is so...so...amazing; he has his flaws, but they are few and far between. And he is SO sweet; Jacob's just...yuck. The ending of Eclipse was very confusing; I really prefered it from Bella's point of view, because I was so used to her voice.
i carry your heart(i carry it in my heart) <3

Please review my performance poem?

25 Reviews

Reviews: 25
Sat Sep 29, 2007 4:37 am
Lil Dono says...

Twilight: Excellent Book! Excellent, excellent, excellent. The characterization is amazing: Bella is the fair maiden, our Juliet of the story, and the enchanting Edward is our Romeo. The romance they share is a special one, starting out as a love-hate relationship and gradually changing into a more mature love. I see Bella as being every bit as mysterious as Edward even though she is our main character, and I tell you, that takes skill.

New Moon: Horrible Book! Horrible, horrible, horrible! It was not worthy to be my birthday present. First of all, that mature love that we all loved changed into a childish, lovesick, cleche, fairy tale. The storyline was totally unorginal and not unique whatsoever. Characters were all wrong. Bella sunk into an unneccesary "emo" depression which greatly burdened the book and Edward was nonexistent. Jacob was cool, I liked him right up until his werewolf status became known, to which I merely scoffed and had to force myself to finish the book. And then all these silly things, like cliff diving and motorcycles - where did all that come from? I see no symbolism, no stylistic devices, no foreshadowing, no metaphors - I found it all rather simple and elementary.

In addition to this, if you are going to use Romeo and Juliet as a comparison to Edward and Bella, then do not bring Parish into the scene and make it a love triangle - stick to the script. The whole thing between Jacob and Edward is just...wow. And that was the bad wow, not the good wow.

Eclipse: I refuse, to read it.

I am beginning to think that Twilight was a stroke of luck, though for that amazing story she must have some buried writing skills.

If The Twilight series is a young adult book, then it must be a very very very very very young adult book.

I am going to read Midnight Sun (a retelling of Twilight from Edward's point of view) and if that book is good, I may give the series another chance.

Bottom Line:

Twilight = Yay
New Moon and Eclipse = Nay!

P.S. Alice is the best character. Ever.

565 Reviews

Reviews: 565
Sun Sep 30, 2007 1:58 pm
Stori says...

Gulp. Werewolves and vampires and fiends, oh my! Is it a horror series?
"The one thing you can't trade for your heart's desire is your heart."
Miles Vorkosigan

"You can be an author if you learn to paint pictures with words."
Brian Jacques

113 Reviews

Reviews: 113
Sun Sep 30, 2007 4:33 pm
writergirl007 says...

These are absolutely the best books ever! I love them! I got addicted after the first line in Twilight!

No Kyte, it's not. It's a love series. THis girl falls in love with a Vampire. They are so good! *sigh*

Jamie Bondage
"It is better to save than to destroy, and that justice is most righteous which is tempered by mercy." Mark Twain

When you cut pieces out of the truth to avoid looking like a fool, you end up looking like a moron instead.
— Robin Hobb