z

Young Writers Society

Artemis Fowl

141 Reviews

Reviews: 141
Sun Jun 24, 2007 12:57 am
Firestalker says...

This is a book review about the Artemis Fowl book series by Colfer.

I feel the books are great specially the last book 'Artemis fowl and the lost colony.'but i would like to know the view of the other writers in the YWS.

Oh and those of you who haven't even heard of a code on the books. There is code on each end of the page (bottom of the pages) and sometimes on the cover and other places. As long as its written in fairy language its a code for you to crack. Those of you who do not have fairy language in your computer PM me and I'll send It to you.

So please tell me your views in Artemis Fowl.
--
Who is not Insane one man ask, the answer being a fool.
Are you Insane the same man asks, - "Oh yes!. The Mad Hatter being saner!"

277 Reviews

Reviews: 277
Sun Jun 24, 2007 12:59 am
Black Ghost says...

Great series. I loved it. Not much else I can think of saying.

497 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 497
Sun Jun 24, 2007 8:45 am
Teague says...

Excellent series. Very smartly written.

Although I have kind of fallen out with it because I thought he was only going to write the original three.
"2-4-6-8! I like to delegate!" -Meshugenah
"Teague: Stomping on your dreams since 1992." -Sachiko
"So I'm looking at FLT and am reminded of a sandwich." -Jabber

2631 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 2631
Sun Jun 24, 2007 11:55 am
Rydia says...

I love these books but I've never heard of a code in fairy language.
Writing Gooder

~Previously KittyKatSparklesExplosion15~

The light shines brightest in the darkest places.

187 Reviews

Reviews: 187
Sun Jun 24, 2007 1:32 pm
Ofour says...

Great series; cracked the code on the second book easily enough, but couldn't do the first as easily so I didn't bother. The last book was great, I didn't think he'd be able to pull another off that well.
ln(-a)=i(pi) + lna

70 Reviews

Reviews: 70
Wed Jun 27, 2007 8:48 pm
Pushca says...

It makes me blush, but I still read the series.

It is no literary masterpiece, but I love it.
"Nothing I could write would be as shocking and offensive as censorship itself." -Deb Caletti

280 Reviews

Reviews: 280
Wed Jun 27, 2007 9:03 pm
Sumi H. Inkblot says...

Ooh, I love those books. ^^

Not golden literature (that title goes to Rowling and Baum), but still fairly enjoyable. Especially the audio books.
ohmeohmy

Random avatar

Reviews: 20
Fri Jun 29, 2007 10:37 pm
Imelda says...

I love those books. :D Haven't read the latest yet, though, I'm waiting for it to come out in paperback ... which it probably will do soon ...

I love how Colfer writes with such energy and humour. I might be 21, but there's still plenty to enjoy in it!

1258 Reviews

Reviews: 1258
Sat Jun 30, 2007 1:58 am
Sam says...

I remember I used to love how Artemis was portrayed- he was kind of broken; very intelligent but not dashing or charming. I loved it. It was totally a break from every other run-of-the-mill action or fantasy series...bizarre, but awesome. I should go re-read them now.
Graffiti is the most passionate form of literature there is.

- Demetri Martin

488 Reviews

Reviews: 488
Sat Jun 30, 2007 3:47 am
Meshugenah says...

Ah, gawds. I love this series. I have the first four, and I grabbed the latest from the library when I saw it. Have yet to read it, but I can't wait to do so!

It's fun, easy reading, and I wish there was more of the like in the "literary world."
***Under the Responsibility of S.P.E.W.***
(Sadistic Perplexion of Everyone's Wits)

Medieval Lit! Come here to find out who Chaucer plagiarized and translated - and why and how it worked in the late 1300s.

I <3 Rydia

280 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 280
Sat Jun 30, 2007 4:10 am
Nutty says...

Oh! I read the lost colony a couple of weeks ago! *grins* I know they are supposed to be too young for me... but.... it's the teenage evil (or not so much) genius! How could you not love the subtle humour and... they are so well written!

I cracked the codes ages ago... I can only remeber what the first one and the lost colony ones were about now. :(
I just used the titles. when I found a symbol I didn't know, I searched the titles. lol
It's not easy having a good time. Even smiling makes my face ache.

141 Reviews

Reviews: 141
Sat Jun 30, 2007 9:30 am
Firestalker says...

For all of the above who could not crack all the codes PM me i'l give you the full code
--
Who is not Insane one man ask, the answer being a fool.
Are you Insane the same man asks, - "Oh yes!. The Mad Hatter being saner!"

Random avatar

Reviews: 665
Sat Jun 30, 2007 9:37 am
deleted6 says...

I don't like him, I tried to read the first, and stopped. I just couldn't stand him. He was so arrogant and smug. I just couldn't stand this about him. So I hate it.
We get off to the rhythm of the trigger and destruction. Fallujah to New Orleans with impunity to kill. We are the hidden fist of the free market.
We are the ink, we are the quill.
[The Ink And The Quill (Be Afraid) - Anti-Flag]

701 Reviews

Reviews: 701
Sat Jun 30, 2007 10:49 am
bubblewrapped says...

I hated him at first. Artemis Fowl, I mean, although I guess I should say Colfer. The writing style put me off and for a while I didnt bother reading more than a chapter. Then one day I decided, what the heck, might as well finish it...

I havent looked back since ;) I actually collect his books now, I like them that much. I wasnt so fond of the latest one, but it generally takes me a while to adjust to new things XD What I enjoyed most was the idea of a highly intelligent, slightly evil mastermind who was not suave and debonair but at the same time wasnt a mad scientist either. I love the fact that Colfer treats the reader as an equal and I applaud his ingenious remodeling of the fairy world :D

They're one of my favourite teen series'. Even though, technically, I'm too old for them now ...
Got a poem or short story you want me to critique?

There is only one success: to be able to spend your life in your own way, and not to give others absurd maddening claims upon it. (C D Morley)

187 Reviews

Reviews: 187
Mon Jul 09, 2007 11:07 am
Ofour says...

I really liked the fact that Artemis is initially so despicable, it's completely original.
ln(-a)=i(pi) + lna

It always seems impossible until it's done.
— Nelson Mandela