z

Young Writers Society

Deadly Doses

40 Reviews

Reviews: 40
Tue Jul 26, 2005 7:37 pm
Fool says...

Title: Deadly Doses, a writers guide to poisons.
Part of the Howdunit Series,

A reference book on how to kill people with poison, that about sums it up. But if you don't want to hack a character to pieces try a subtle poison... Deadly Doses has several appendix's which allow easy cross referencing and the main part of the book covers everything from fungi to household and industrial and even animals. It shows symtoms, reaction times, and cures, a very useful book to have when you want a character to have a nasty ending, but dont want blood all over the carpets. You dont even have to kill them, some of the more interesting poisons can make hair fall out, or give the user smoky breath, induce blindness or loss of hearing. With reaction time's ranging from instant to 3 weeks, your killer can be their to gloat or be far away on a beach somewhere... Many characters have died unpleasant deaths from this book, and it's believable because of it. An assasins toolbook, a worthwhile reference book.
Light travels faster than sound. That is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience

I don't suffer from stress. I am a carrier.

7 Reviews

Reviews: 7
Tue Aug 02, 2005 12:19 pm
scintillation says...

Hmm, now that could come in handy... (not just for my characters! :twisted: [j/k])

It does sound quite good. What other books are in the series?
-Nothing, like something, can happen anywhere.

40 Reviews

Reviews: 40
Tue Aug 02, 2005 3:19 pm
Fool says...

When i first got Deadly Doses, when ever my parents annoyed me, i used to go get it and read it, saying aloud some interesting symptoms....

Anyway

1) Scene of the Crime - A writesr guide to crime scene investigation
2) How crimes are commited and solved
3) Cause of death - A writers guide to Death, Murder and Forensic medicence
4) Just the facts Ma'Am - A writers guide to Investigators and their Techinques
5) Missing Persons - A writers guide to finding the lost, abducted and escaped
6) Rip-off - A writers guide to deception
7) Armed and Dangerous - A writers guide to weapons
8) Private Eyes - A writers guide to private investigating
9) Malicious Intent - A writers guide to how Murderers, Robbers, Rapists and other criminals think
10) Modus Operandi - A writers guide to how Criminals work
11) Body Trama - A writers guide to wounds and other injuries
12) Police Procedural - A writers guide to how police work
13) Murder One - A writers guide to homicide
14) Amatuer Decectives - A writers guide to how Private citizens solve criminal cases
15) Deadly Doses - A writers guide to Poisons

Thats all the ones out at the moment.
Light travels faster than sound. That is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience

I don't suffer from stress. I am a carrier.

7 Reviews

Reviews: 7
Tue Aug 02, 2005 6:57 pm
scintillation says...

thanks, they sound good! :)
-Nothing, like something, can happen anywhere.

akdsjfh you know that feeling where you start writing a scene but then you get bored with the scene so you move on and start writing a different scene and then you get bored with that scene so you move on to an entirely different WIP and then you get bored with that so you move on-
— AceassinOfTheMoon