Young Writers Society

Insomniac Blonde Absentminded Genius

1274 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1274
Mon Dec 20, 2004 1:11 am
View Likes
niteowl says...

I already told you all you need to know about me in the title. j/k I am more interesting than that. I am very intelligent and (i hope) funny. I tend to go on long tangents and end up forgetting what I was talking about. But whatever I did end up saying is usually interesting anyway.

My real name, which I plan to change, is Nicole. I hate it. I absolutely despise it. I would rather name my daughter Kaleqlutrhigubealiug than Nicole. I would never put her under that sort of pain and torment.

I have always LOVED to read. However I only wrote for school up until this year when I decided that the messed-up stories that had bounced around in my head for years might actually be writable. I started twisting them to make them less messed up, y voila! I became a writer.

I am afraid of ending stories and adding too much description. Despite the fact that I hate reading poetry, I like writing it. I hate typos. They drive me crazy, esp. if I am the one typing said typos.

I am 14 and a freshman. I like singing and dancing, just for fun of course. I have a dad who really doesn't do anything but watch TV and echo Mom's orders, a Mom who tries to pry into every little thing I'm doing and is convinced you are all sick perverts, and a little sister who is sadly obsessed with Disney Channel and still wets the bed and she'll be 10 on thurs.

Oh wait, this is supposed to be about me as a writer. Ok, I write poetry and fantasy stories. I have written some realistic fiction and people seem to think these are my better works. *sighs* guess I'm not fit to join the elite fatasy writers of this world. I also like writing poetry.

64 Reviews

Reviews: 64
Sun Dec 26, 2004 3:52 am
View Likes
Elocina says...

Gee...this is becoming all-too-errie, Nicole. (Sorry, Niteowl, I just am not used to saying my name and refering to someone else....)
You're a blonde, I'm a blonde, my name's Nicole, you get the picture. Main difference is I like my name, not extremely, but I like it better than some other names.
I don't recall reading any of your fantasy stories yet, so don't get yourself down. You might be a top-selling author in the future.

221 Reviews

Reviews: 221
Wed Jan 19, 2005 5:37 am
View Likes
Elelel says...

Have you posted any fantasy yet? I'll look, if you have I'll tell you if you're any good. If you're not entirely satisfied with your skill, I'll help you. (Well, I'm probably not all that good either, but two lost, confused and random people are better than one... usually anyway.)
Oh, you're angry! Click your pen.
--Music and Lyrics

1274 Reviews

Supporter

Wed Jan 19, 2005 4:16 pm
View Likes
niteowl says...

I haven't posted much in a while, so just check out my port.
"You do ill if you praise, but worse if you censure, what you do not understand." Leonardo Da Vinci

<YWS><R1>

Reviews: 3
Wed Jan 19, 2005 10:31 pm
View Likes
alcina says...

lol my parents are both convinced im talking to perverts too.

481 Reviews

Reviews: 481
Thu Jan 20, 2005 4:30 am
View Likes
Bobo says...

Hello parents of people. I am not perverted! Thank you.

Anyways, keep on truckin'! Do what you want to do and what you like to do, and you'll just keep improving. Besides, sometimes certain people just like realistic better than fantasy, or vice-versa.

145 Reviews

Reviews: 145
Thu Jan 20, 2005 11:10 pm
View Likes
Tara says...

Lol, my da thinks it's pretty 'cool.'
Last edited by Tara on Wed Jan 26, 2005 3:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
"You can go a long way with a smile. You can go a lot farther with a smile and a gun." -Al Capone

137 Reviews

Reviews: 137
Tue Jan 25, 2005 1:38 am
View Likes
DarkerSarah says...

Hey! I just met you over in chat, and I'm really looking forward to reading some of your stuff!

-Sarah
"And I am a writer
writer of fiction
I am the heart that you call home
And I've written pages upon pages
Trying to rid you from my bones...
Let me go if you don't love me" ~The Decembrists "Engine Driver"

145 Reviews

Reviews: 145
Wed Jan 26, 2005 3:43 am
View Likes
Tara says...

Sooooo, what else can we say about our dear niteolw/Tae???? :twisted: :twisted: :D :D
"You can go a long way with a smile. You can go a lot farther with a smile and a gun." -Al Capone

1274 Reviews

Supporter

Sun Apr 03, 2005 3:59 am
View Likes
niteowl says...

Seeing as this forum has gotten really popular as of late, I've decided to boost this up to the top.

UPDATE: I've pretty much given up on writing stories, although I am thinking about reviewing some. I am now the unofficial gift-giver (duh), I now LIKE reading poetry if it's any good, I hate rhyming poetry, and I am sadly addicted to the computer. My mom is consistently banning me, but I go to sleep before she does, so I can come on at times like right now, where it's almost 11 pm in my little corner of the universe. Typos/horrific grammar still drive me nuts. Hm...if I can't be a writer, maybe I could be an editor. Then I'd get paid to read stuff and correct people! Two of my favorite things!

It's really funny when editors mess up, like in this little excerpt from "Secrets of Angels and Demons" which explains the facts concerning Dan Brown's best-selling novel (that came before The Da Vinci Code) Angels and Demons.

"The conclave system itself dates back from July 7, 1724...The first election under the conclave system occured on January 21, 1276."

I thought that was pretty funny. If you're unsure where the typo is, it's supposed to be 1274.

Yeah so, my little ramble's over.
"You do ill if you praise, but worse if you censure, what you do not understand." Leonardo Da Vinci

<YWS><R1>

154 Reviews

Reviews: 154
Sun Apr 03, 2005 4:02 am
View Likes
Armadian says...

Do you live ine Minnesota?And I am not perverted.
How can you prove that we exist? Maybe we don't exist...

1274 Reviews

Supporter

Sun Apr 03, 2005 4:05 am
View Likes
niteowl says...

No, I live in Southeast Michigan.

<YWS><R1>

154 Reviews

Reviews: 154
Sun Apr 03, 2005 4:06 am
View Likes
Armadian says...

Oh because in Minnesota they have a school like that named plymoth something
How can you prove that we exist? Maybe we don't exist...

1274 Reviews

Supporter

Mon May 09, 2005 10:25 pm
View Likes
niteowl says...

I never come over here. But I wonder what people have to say about me. So reply in this thread.

21 Reviews

Reviews: 21
Tue May 10, 2005 7:45 am
View Likes
lon_205 says...

I keep thinking you are smiling because of your avartar. It's quite peculiar how my mind works... So, if you do ever post any rants or such-like, then I'm afraid I won't be able to take you seriously. :)

Look, a good poem is a poem that exists. Any poem you write is better than the poem you don't.
— WeepingWisteria