z

Young Writers Society

Roxanne

68 Reviews

Reviews: 68
Sun Nov 04, 2012 9:35 pm
sarahjane97 says...

Here's my first art submission on YWS! I'm so excited! :D
Feel free to comment/criticize/tear it apart my fellow YWSers!

18 Reviews

Reviews: 18
Sun Nov 04, 2012 10:33 pm
SoundsOfLife says...

Wow! What interesting detail I see here. Good Work Sarahjane! :D
"The beauty of a piece of music is not in its technique but in the Soul of its creator; nor is it in the
sound vibrations of the piece but in the silence of the Light from which the sound springs." DR. Walter Russell

739 Reviews

Reviews: 739
Sun Nov 04, 2012 10:41 pm
xXTheBlackSheepXx says...

Hey Sarah! Thanks so much for your great review! It helped so much :) The least I can do is return the favor ^_^

For your first art post, I think this is amazing! Really great job :D Your porportions seem to be spot on and the way you colored the hair looks great as well. I like how you drew each original strand and didn't just scribble it in. Effort like that really makes a difference!

Her eyes are very wide and full of expression x) They look a little unfinished towards the corners though, you should complete the almond shape. It can be done lightly, even f you just hint at it with shading. But right now it looks like it got cut off (I'm looking mostly at the right corner of the right eye).

The next comment I have is on her collerbone. You have the right idea for sure, but instead of the bone curving upwards towards her neck, it should be a horizontal line about parallel with her shoulders. If she was shrugging, the collarbone would be curved more up like this, but when your shoulders are relaxed they should be more horizontal.

Those were really the only critiques I have! I could say that her eyebrow piercings look really tiny, or that she has a cleft chin (not sure if that was on purpose) but that's just being uber picky. Like I said, this is a great picture as it is x)

Hope I helped! Feel free to message me anytime ^_^
The bad news is we don't have any control.
The good news is we can't make any mistakes.
-Chuck Palahniuk

I have a Gumbie Cat in mind, her name is Jennyanydots; Her coat is one of the tabby kind,with tiger stripes and leopard spots.
— T.S. Eliot, Old Possum's Book of Practical Cats