z

Young Writers Society

Holy Mongoose, Batman, Bobo draws again!

481 Reviews

Reviews: 481
Mon Jan 09, 2006 8:01 am
Bobo says...

Yes, I'm actually updating for once. Here are some pictures I've recently finished. I think the most recent one was begun over a year ago, just FYI.

820 Reviews

Reviews: 820
Mon Jan 09, 2006 1:11 pm
Myth says...

I really love the top one, they're both great.

Random avatar

Reviews: 681
Mon Jan 09, 2006 9:04 pm
Sponson Light says...

Really nice coloring, surprised me there!
Well nice color choice, theres more to be desired with your shading.
Though it is simple shading at best.
And nice proportions, and squishy boobs.

And perky ones on the bottom one too.

Shishy perky boobs.
Large... Ill stop.

First one: She has a really thin neck compared to the width of her shoulders.
And I think you should beable to see "armpit" creases in her skin.
Nice little design on the belt.

Blarg: I thought the foot goin away was just too small, you can show that its "further away" by making it darker, as the brighter body will draw your eyes away from it.
She has really perky breasts. Self-Explanatory, its as if theres no gravity acting on it.
Her "shoulder lumps" look odd, you made them too large and no biscep( ? ) there to even it out.
You shouldn't judge a book by it's cover, instead, you should read every single book to see what every book is about before you even come close to judging its viability.

375 Reviews

Reviews: 375
Mon Jan 09, 2006 10:00 pm
Dargquon Ql'deleodna says...

these are good, but i agree with sponson on the neck, the necks are usually about the width of the jaw, sponson covers everything else, but overall great drawings, and its nice to have you posting drawings again. :D
Life's a B*tch, slap it upside the head.

Dargquon Ql'deleodna: (n) "Dar-qu-on Kel-del-ode-na" something i made up that sounded cool, partially based off of the Drow Drizzt Do'Urden's name style

387 Reviews

Reviews: 387
Tue Jan 10, 2006 12:51 am
yoha_ahoy says...

These are good. I love your art. Makes me jealous. Beside what's already been mentioned, the shirt on the second one is weird. It's too wrinkly... it's just odd looking. Good job though! Genius.
@(^_^)@
Got YWS?

418 Reviews

Reviews: 418
Tue Jan 10, 2006 2:02 am
electricbluemonkey says...

Ooh, good, but don't you think the neck on the first one is a too small? And the shoulders just look strange. But the coloring is great and the lighting on their hair is awesome.
Gotta a find a woman be good to me,
Who won't hide my liquor, try to serve me tea.

375 Reviews

Tue Jan 10, 2006 3:31 am

oh yes i almost forgot, that most womens shoulders are very close to the same width of their hips, so they should be close to the same size (according to my art teacher). but yea what do i know, i dont walk around staring at womens hips and shoulders, comparing sizes.

Dargquon Ql'deleodna: (n) "Dar-qu-on Kel-del-ode-na" something i made up that sounded cool, partially based off of the Drow Drizzt Do'Urden's name style

481 Reviews

Tue Jan 10, 2006 3:54 am
Bobo says...

I restate: these were both started over a year ago. Shoulder thing was something I did on all of my pics at the time, but no longer. Same thing with the clothes, at least mostly. Neck on the first is too small, but I think animated necks are usually drawn smaller than real-life necks, or at least on women. Shading is simple; that's the idea. I don't have time for much more, and didn't have any available reference material to get the shading more complicated. Furthermore, it's a cartoon drawing, not something realistic or anything.

375 Reviews

Tue Jan 10, 2006 3:56 am

yea, the year ago thing makes a big difference, and i didnt know that about the necks adn animie(i dont watch enough of it to notice), and i just like most drawing really realistic, but thats just my preference.

3821 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 3821
Tue Jan 10, 2006 7:35 am
Snoink says...

I love your coloring! :)
Ubi caritas est vera, Deus ibi est.

"The mark of your ignorance is the depth of your belief in injustice and tragedy. What the caterpillar calls the end of the world, the Master calls the butterfly." ~ Richard Bach

Moth and Myth <- My comic! :D

683 Reviews

Reviews: 683
Tue Jan 10, 2006 7:50 am
Emma says...

They're good, but you should try and take a step further with your colouring! Yay!

481 Reviews

Tue Jan 10, 2006 8:45 am
Bobo says...

The problem with taking my coloring a step furthur is that I have a ton of pics to color. I may find one to work real hard on, though. We'll see. I won't be able to do much with school starting again.

Random avatar

Reviews: 681
Wed Jan 11, 2006 1:35 am
Sponson Light says...

A year ago huh?
Well that would... explain why they look... familiar?
No... nah...
NAH
NAHAFDBLARG.
You shouldn't judge a book by it's cover, instead, you should read every single book to see what every book is about before you even come close to judging its viability.

798 Reviews

Reviews: 798
Wed Jan 11, 2006 1:48 am
Areida says...

I like the first one, especially on the colouring, but the second one is kind of odd in terms of positioning... It almost looks like she's floating or something, lol.

But yesh, you are veeeerrry good at colouring. :D
Got YWS?

"Most of us have far more courage than we ever dreamed we possessed."
- Dale Carnegie

118 Reviews

Reviews: 118
Wed Jan 11, 2006 9:32 pm
*Twilight* says...

Great jumping jelly beans, Batman, Bobo is a good colorist!
Hire people to crit your work! Get paid to crit other people's work!
The YWS crit shop: forum/viewtopic.php?t=8018

I'm officially making it my goal in life to become a roomba. I want to be little robot. I want knives taped to me. I want to be free.
— TheMulticoloredCyr