z

Young Writers Society

Midna

127 Reviews

Reviews: 127
Wed Dec 24, 2008 10:01 pm
Incognito says...

Well, this is the first piece of art I have put up here. I actually just drew this drawing and I liked it so I decided why not try out our scanner and put it up. I required a couple references for her mask and markings, but other than that it is 100% original. I hope. And the porportions are whacked only because of one thing; Midna's porportions are whacked. And also I forgot to add is that my scanner is screwy and with all the other pictures I have scanned in, it made them look horrible. I figured out that my scanner doesn't like shading from this picture. I haven't edited it or anything. Well here it is. Sorry if it is a bit large.
Attachments
Midna 001.jpg
Midna 001.jpg (82.42 KiB) Viewed 240 times
'Everyone is entitled to be stupid, some just abuse the priviledge.'

118 Reviews

Reviews: 118
Wed Dec 24, 2008 10:58 pm
myfreindsavamp says...

She looks great. My scanner does funny things too but people still like my work, screwy or not.
Second, she's my favorite character of all of them, for some reason. Have fun with your drawing. Happy Holidays!

-Vamp
We've all been broken in some way. It's just how we express it that makes us dffrent form eachother.

“This precious book of love, this unbound lover,
To beautify him only lacks a cover.”
~William Shakespeare, The Tragedy of Romeo and Juliet

672 Reviews

Reviews: 672
Thu Dec 25, 2008 12:08 am
Squall says...

Ooo, someone that has played Twilight Princess. Yay! "hands cookies". And to draw a picture of Midna too (one of the best characters in the Zelda series in my opinion) "hands more cookies".

Anyways, I think her hands seem like claws. It doesn't have that smooth end to it. Also, the lower half of her legs are too skinny in my opinion. There's also something wrong with her foot too. I think it's a bit too long and the heel seems rather sharp.

I'm also not a fan of pictures with Midna in her cursed form while embodying the height of her true form. It doesn't seem right. Her true form's supposed to be human like, not a cross between her imp form and true form. But that's just me, I'm a big fan of her true form lol (I literally replayed that scene just to watch it again :wink: )

But overall, this is pretty solid work. Well done.

Andy.
"To the edge of the universe and back. Endure and survive."

273 Reviews

Reviews: 273
Thu Dec 25, 2008 1:10 am
Lost_in_dreamland says...

Ok; Zelda, I have no idea what that is :lol:, so I have no idea what the characters look like :lol: I love the shading, can I ask, underneath the 'is it a helmet?' there is a shaded area, is that shading or hair? Sorry if I sound like a complete idiot, it's really good either way. The drawing is great though, everything is perfect (that is from a person who's never seen Zelda :lol:)

Great work ;)
----x
for what are we without words and stories?

127 Reviews

Reviews: 127
Thu Dec 25, 2008 3:55 am
Incognito says...

Thanks all for reviewing! I know it is a little off at some parts and I agree fully at what you people have to say. I do love Midna myself and this is my first time actually drawing her. I am glad to see that there are people on this site that love The Twilight Princess as much as I do.

Happy Holidays everyone!
~Incognito Temptation
'Everyone is entitled to be stupid, some just abuse the priviledge.'

365 Reviews

Reviews: 365
Thu Dec 25, 2008 1:52 pm
Antigone Cadmus says...

*gasp* Twilight Princess! I love that game! The Zelda games are pure awesomeness!!! *high fives Incognito Temptation*

Anyway...

on with the review!

Wow. You're a really good artist. I agree with Squall that the one leg is much too skinny, but I think you just shaded it too darkly at that one part. Does that make sense? Oh well...

I really like how you drew her headdress.
I personally like her hands as claws. Did you mean to do that?

Good work,
Sakura
Odi et amo. quare id faciam, fortasse requiris?
nescio, sed fieri sentio et excrucior.
-Catullus, Carmen 85

245 Reviews

Reviews: 245
Sat Dec 27, 2008 12:50 pm
LowKey says...

That's really very amazing, lol. You've got a fantastic eye for detail. I was blown away. I was more expecting a simple linedrawing, maybe colored, but that was it. I love the details on her helmet, Very cool. Only issue is that her limbs are a tad bit long for her impish form that you first see her as. Remember, she's very short. Other than that, she looks amazing.

Wow.
Necropolis SB / Necropolis DT

Once was Dreamer, is now LowKey_Lyesmith.

Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.

1464 Reviews

Reviews: 1464
Sun Dec 28, 2008 2:10 am
Juniper says...

Ooh! Cute! I love this!

I love grey and white drawings. They're amazing-- partially because I can't color in my drawings, lol.

Anyway, regardless of what other people said about her leg being all skinny and foot being long, this is great. The detail on her helmet is outstanding. I like her hands-- they came out great.

Draw more! And show us more! I'd love to see it!

Greeeattt Job!

xxJune
"I'd steal somebody's purse if I could google it and then download it." -- Firestarter

The Twelve Makeovers of Haircules is the stuff of legend. He defeated the Erymanthian Beard. One could say it was a hair raising adventure.
— KateHardy