z

Young Writers Society

Sophie

135 Reviews

Reviews: 135
Tue Dec 23, 2008 12:15 pm
niccy_v says...

A Schnauzer is a breed of dog.. yes.. not known very well, maybe more so in America? Definitely not in Australia!

ImageImage

By the way, RIP Sophie, she passed on in September :shock:

By the way i do want to get ways on how to better improve my photography (not on her obviously) and these are probably a couple of the better ones i have of her
Writing gives my life purpose

763 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 763
Tue Dec 23, 2008 12:32 pm
View Likes
Lava says...

They are really good shots. Especially the third, which is reallly cute. It's like one of those you have to go "awwww...." about.

For the first shot:
The background should be taken care of. The rug is fine but the wooden floor seen kind of ruins it. An play with lighting more. You have to think of different shadows and lighting angles to get a good shot.

For the second shot:
It's a really brilliant one (I like the background here) but the 2 thick strands of dog fur kind of gets the camera's focus which should be avoided.

Looking forward to more photos.
~
Pretending in words was too tentative, too vulnerable, too embarrassing to let anyone know.
- Ian McEwan in Atonement

sachi: influencing others since GOD KNOWS WHEN.

1464 Reviews

Reviews: 1464
Tue Dec 23, 2008 12:36 pm
Juniper says...

Awww!! A schnauzer! They are so cute! I'm sorry to hear she passed :(. My friend had gotten one and then it was hit by a car three weeks later :(.

The first is good; the white thing besides her distracts a bit.

The second is good too, the background should just be blurred slightly more.

The last is great! It would have been cute if you could see slightly more of her eyes-- but it good :D.

Keep it up! Good job!
"I'd steal somebody's purse if I could google it and then download it." -- Firestarter

135 Reviews

Reviews: 135
Tue Dec 23, 2008 1:40 pm
niccy_v says...

Aw springrain... that's just... terrifyingly sad! I sort of laughed then gasped then went into shock. Poor person! Poor schnauzer! *still in shock*

How about this one?

Writing gives my life purpose

106 Reviews

Reviews: 106
Tue Dec 23, 2008 1:54 pm
Princess says...

Hahaha! Awwww how cute!

These are very good pics. But the one close shot to the nose was off. Her hair was covering her eyes, and when you get a close shot, its always a good idea to get to the eyes.
I came into this world wrinkled and ugly. And no matter how much I accumulate here, it's a short journey. I will go out of this world wrinkled and ugly. So I enjoy life.

116 Reviews

Reviews: 116
Wed Dec 24, 2008 7:27 pm
Maybe says...

Awww!

These are really good photos. Especially the third one on your first post. The black and white really completes the picture.

1. The lighting is a bit off. It looks...blue. But the angle is good and the pose the dog has is adorable.

2. The background is busy in this picture, and kind of draws away from your subject. I like the angle of this one and how the dog is cropped out.

3. This is your best one. I'm a sucker for black and white photography, but even that aside, this is an amazing photo. The angle is good, the lighting is good, and the way the picture is focused (intentional or not) is great. Nice photo.

4. Again, the background is a bit busy, but not terribly so. I might just be being picky. The picture itself is absolutely adorable. Aww, puppy!

Overall, these pictures are pretty good. The dog is so cute. I'm really sorry to hear she passed away. :(

Great job!

-May
Be the cartoon heart. Light a fire, light a spark. Light a fire, flame in my heart. We'll run wild, we'll be glowing in the dark.

273 Reviews

Reviews: 273
Thu Dec 25, 2008 12:54 am
Lost_in_dreamland says...

I'm sorry to hear that she passed away :(
but she is adorable ;)

1: I like this photo. The only thing that I think destroys it is the white object (sorry I don't know what it is :lol:) is it a towel? :lol: It diverts my attention, but maybe the wooden floor shouldn't be there either, like someone mentioned. Overall though, it's good xD

2: I love this one! It's so cute, and I love the way you photographed a single eye, it's very effective. Moreover this one is not destroyed by the background because the background is somewhat fuzzy, so I pay all attention to Sophie ;) I really really like this one :D

3: This one is photographic perfection :lol: The way you focus on her nose is beautiful, and she has a gorgeous black edge on one of her ears that blends perfectly. The contrast between the background and the foreground is perfect :) and it is adorable. This one looks like it's been taken by a pro. Brilliant :)

Overall these were great xD

-Kirsten xxx
for what are we without words and stories?

Some people file their [tax] returns inside of a dead fish.
— John Oliver