z

Young Writers Society

A Day in the Life of a Crazy Guy - A Short Film

15 Reviews

Reviews: 15
Sun Dec 07, 2008 1:58 am
Francis Michael Buck says...

So I wasn't sure if we were technically allowed to post movies here, but photography plays a large role in film making, and I wrote a short script beforehand, so I figure it's at least somewhat relevant.

I made wrote and directed this movie as a high-school project in my sophomore year. None of the actors were part of the project, they were just a couple of my friends that helped me out. We made it in about two and a half hours, so it's pretty rough. Have a look, tell me what you think.

The song is Alberto Balsalm by Aphex Twin.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NW8lt9QFOFU
"Believe nothing, no matter where you've read it or who has said it, not even if I have said it, unless it agrees with your own reason and your own common sense."
-Buddha

15 Reviews

Reviews: 15
Mon Dec 15, 2008 5:20 am
Francis Michael Buck says...

No comments? Just one maybe? Anybody?
"Believe nothing, no matter where you've read it or who has said it, not even if I have said it, unless it agrees with your own reason and your own common sense."
-Buddha

695 Reviews

Reviews: 695
Wed Dec 24, 2008 1:04 am
Angel of Death says...

That was pure genius!

I mean at first I was like, what the heck is this about but it came together all at the end. You used a very great technique because I really really wanted to know how this was going to turn out and I loved it. Those guys are really good at doing stunts and I thought they did an amazing job. Generic and simple films are always fun to watch and they're more realistic because not everything needs glitz and glamor.

Keep making these and if you have anymore I'd really like to watch them ^_^

*clicks gold star*

Ta,

~Angel
True love, in all it’s celestial charm, and
star-crossed ways, only exist in a writer’s
mind, for humans have not yet learned
how to manifest it.

1464 Reviews

Reviews: 1464
Sun Dec 28, 2008 3:19 am
Juniper says...

Eek! Only one person has reviewed this!? Tsk!

This was such a cool film! It was interesting, and I wanted to know more about what kind of life the crazy guy led. It basically just shows him running from someone, so, if you wanted to edit it, I would say, throw a bit of something-else-ness in there. Show us what he's into. Is it drugs? Is he innocent and someone wants to catch him?

Needless to say, it was interesting. And pretty well done! The camera wasn't shaky-- kudos for that. Most people I know who make short films on their own have trouble keeping the camera still.

I liked it alot though! And for rating, I give it 10/10.

*stars*

Good Job Frank!

xxJune
"I'd steal somebody's purse if I could google it and then download it." -- Firestarter

Make sure you marry someone who laughs at the same things you do.
— Holden Caulfield