z

Young Writers Society

Majestic Midnight

137 Reviews

Reviews: 137
Tue Nov 18, 2008 8:48 pm
Bittersweet says...

So I just recently downloaded GIMP, a type of photoshop that's free. This morning I was messing around, and I got this. This is my first time ever working with any kind of photoshop, so I'm pretty proud of it. I'm especially proud of the moon. The stars took me forever. But anyway, there it is!

-Holly
Attachments
The Majestic Midnight.jpg
The Majestic Midnight.jpg (19.69 KiB) Viewed 131 times
eviscerate your fragile frame
spill it out in ragged form
a thousand different versions of yourself.

1464 Reviews

Reviews: 1464
Tue Nov 18, 2008 10:02 pm
Juniper says...

How prettiful! For your first time it's brilliant. I remember doing something like this when i first downloaded photofiltre, which is another photoshoppish program. At first, I thought the shooting star was a messy streak but when i thought twice i see its a shooting star :D. And the moon is lovely!!

I give it 8/10!
Keep practicing!
"I'd steal somebody's purse if I could google it and then download it." -- Firestarter

647 Reviews

Reviews: 647
Wed Nov 19, 2008 3:23 am
Alteran says...

Awesome. The moon is very cool. Your stars field is pretty cool, I'm a big fan of them.

I'm not much help cause I've used gimp, but all my starscapes come out of photoshop so I'm not sure what to tell you. I think it's great for a first ever image in GIMP. The best thing i can say is look around for some tutorials so you can check out all the great things you can do.

I know you can make some ultra realistic starfields with digital art software so you're already amazing and you have a great sense of depth in this piece. Some starts being smaller than others, nifty. I really like how he bottom fades into a more blue color like the horizon right before a sunrise.
"Maybe Senpai ate Yuka-tan's last bon-bon?"
----Stupei, Ace Defective

83 Reviews

Reviews: 83
Thu Nov 20, 2008 11:45 pm
Raimunda says...

eh wow. I cant even use paint.
This is really cool. The moon especially. My favourite bit is how some stars are big and some are small; it really gives the idea of space and positioning.
Maybe I should get GIMP. We could be gimp buddies!!
xxx
I just hit my computer
Because it was being slow
I need my daily Smallville fix
And it will not load the video.

The moral of Snow White is never eat apples.
— Lemony Snicket