Reviews: 76
Thu Oct 09, 2008 2:49 pm
xGraceex says...

This took ages, hope you like! :D
Attachments
gryfon.jpg
gryfon.jpg (63.48 KiB) Viewed 492 times
SOME WISE WORDS xxx
You can't have everything. Where would you put it?
If at first you don't succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried.
I couldn't repair your brakes, so I made your horn louder
All true wisdom is found on T-shirts

5 Reviews

Reviews: 5
Thu Oct 09, 2008 3:12 pm
ATreeah says...

COOL
ATreeah was here

28 Reviews

Reviews: 28
Thu Oct 09, 2008 3:15 pm
tdownes says...

It really must have have taken you ages, judging by the immense detail you've put in.
It definitely seems you've got an eye for detail here -as always. Of course, that's needed for feathers. ^^
There's not much to pick at....
All I can say is (without processing an essay of an art critique...) that the griffin 's [and yes, it can be spelled either way. Gryphon is the American version, I think] tongue seems a little too exaggerated -in my opinion. It you really want to make it more realistic, I would size it down a little. But then this is a fantasy creature, so...
Also, its right claw - the one on the ground, basically (I'm not so great with left and rights)- ;where the joint ends to the topmost of the actual claw-foot, it seems a little off, like the griffin's got a bone deformity or something. And its raised claw -form where the arm starts -seems a little odd, I don't know. And it's back foot, as well, but that's just me...
The wings are great, BTW. Wings can be hard to do! Love the pose -quite traditional for a griffin -and its tufty tail. Yay! I just love griffins!!!
You have great potential. Keep up the good work!
He's like fire and ice and rage. He's like the night and the storm and the heart of the sun. He's ancient and forever. He burns at the center of time and he can see the turn of the Universe. And ...he's wonderful.

76 Reviews

Thu Oct 09, 2008 3:19 pm
xGraceex says...

Thankyou so much! yea i agree that the legs are strange... they were so hard to do, and even more harder when you cant rub out what youve just done with your pen! i just make things harder for myself with just drawing with pens :D ive never really hd of a griffin before, i just sketched this from an old book i had on monsters and played around with some stuff - in the origional picture the tounge was much bigger and i made it smaller, i know it looks odd but most of my art does :D
yes, the first claw - on the ground is so bad, it looks like he is flat footed lol, but i wasnt quite sure how to improve it. The back leg is better i think, i know lions more than birds, but its not my best and i know it can be shaped better :D
thankyou for your advise!
SOME WISE WORDS xxx

28 Reviews

Reviews: 28
Fri Oct 10, 2008 8:53 am
tdownes says...

Ok, I see now. You copied it, then? I didn't know that. I assumed you did this freehand, using all your creative talent, ability and imagination.
Well, copying it a good way of learning to draw well..soo...
Well, nobody's perfect when it comes to art. Sometimes you just have to learn to accept any defects -and that you'll improve as you get older if you just keep on practicing!
Still good though. What book did you copy that from, just out of interest> I might have it..I recognise that picture from somewhere...
He's like fire and ice and rage. He's like the night and the storm and the heart of the sun. He's ancient and forever. He burns at the center of time and he can see the turn of the Universe. And ...he's wonderful.

12 Reviews

Reviews: 12
Fri Oct 10, 2008 1:52 pm
janey says...

Oh wow... it's really good even if it wasn't a freehand, from your imagination drawing.

123 Reviews

Reviews: 123
Fri Oct 10, 2008 7:18 pm
Lord Anzius says...

This is the true story of what happened when I saw it:

I was just looking through your portfolio.... (I need the points) So anywayz. I love fantasy, so the name lured me. I have my head phones on and I was holding the wire in my hands, when I saw the picture.... The wire dropped from my hand and bear will power kept my jaw from dropping.

WOW.

That must have taken ages........ That is so COOOL.

I can't find one flaw... no flaw... no flaw.

Keep it on.

*************************************************************************************

LORD ANZIUS WUZ HERE :smt029
To copy reality is good... But to create reality is much, much better.
-Giuseppe Verdi-

76 Reviews

Fri Oct 10, 2008 10:17 pm
xGraceex says...

Thankyou so much!!! :P lol :lol: :D that was such a nice review, thanks
SOME WISE WORDS xxx

30 Reviews

Reviews: 30
Fri Oct 31, 2008 4:40 am
Trikky says...

Wow, I can see how this would take a serious chunk of time! It looks just like an etching from the 1800's or something.... very nice, very detailed! ^^
"God is dead." -Nietzsche
"Nietzsche is dead." -God

51 Reviews

Reviews: 51
Fri Oct 31, 2008 6:17 pm
Clup91 says...

You did that in pen? Wow! That takes skill.
I like the detail a lot and I like how it's got a plain background behind itso as not to distract us from the main point: Your griffin.
It's great, even though it's not from our head, but it still takes great skill to draw that with the detail and accuracy as you did!
Keep it Old Skool.

10 Reviews

Reviews: 10
Sat Nov 01, 2008 11:07 pm
Moonglowe says...

This. is. absolutely. AMAZING. I'm wowed. Love the detail.
Not a shred of evidence exists in favor of the idea that life is serious.

411 Reviews

Reviews: 411
Sun Nov 02, 2008 1:21 pm
Sohini says...

Do you give art lessons?

I am truly enchanted with your drawings.

This one is a masterpiece.

I wish the stars were more special, they look too ordinary to fit in with the gryphon. Try putting in dots near the stars to create a magical effect. Don't ask me why but I always do that.

It's amazing how many styles of drawing you've have mastered.

You must become an illustrator some day. Maybe we could work together!
Calvin : You can't just turn on creativity like a faucet. You have to be in the right mood.
Hobbes : What mood is that?
Calvin : Last-minute panic.

76 Reviews

Sun Nov 02, 2008 5:06 pm
xGraceex says...

wow thanks! i love to draw, its my thing, and the only reason i can draw like this is because im stubborn and ive been doodling all my life :P just grab loads of scraps of paper or a empty book and just doodle, copy things around you and make stuff up, scribble to your hearts content, i kinda started drawing from when i as really little and it was mostly princesses from the Disney movies, and they looked like elephants in dresses but i just carried on and got better. thanks for your great reviews!
SOME WISE WORDS xxx

112 Reviews

Reviews: 112
Sun Nov 02, 2008 11:19 pm
oneeyedunicornhunter says...

The things which could be improved: The bottom beak looks kinda funky...I don't mind the long tongue though. The neck looks more furry than feathery, and it gives it a llama-like look. (hmmm...:shock: ) The front legs aren't perfect in shape, but they're still very nice, lots of detail.

What I LOVED: The wings! Very perfect. And your proportions are spot-on, though of course only an amateur artist such as myself would commend someone on such a fundamental thing...but still.

Very, very nice...this is the type of art one might expect in novels.
Am I a one eyed hunter of unicorns or a hunter of one eyed unicorns? The world may never know.

36 Reviews

Reviews: 36
Mon Nov 17, 2008 9:51 pm
Sare Agama says...

...................................................................................................................................

Sorry, but I'm at loss for words...
Your monthly Bible quote: "Faithful are the wounds of a friend; but the kisses of an enemy are decietful." Proverbs 27:6

"It suddenly struck me that that tiny pea, pretty and blue, was the Earth. I put up my thumb and shut one eye, and my thumb blotted out the planet Earth. I didn't feel like a giant. I felt very, very small."
— Neil Armstrong