z

Young Writers Society

I also write songs

108 Reviews

Reviews: 108
Sat Oct 26, 2019 6:13 pm
View Likes
Asith says...

Disclaimer 1: These recordings are just demos! They're all recorded on my phone, and there's no real sound production behind them, which means they sound kinda bad. I just recorded them to have something to show, they're by no means fully polished songs! I take no responsibility for any ear damage :p
Disclaimer 2: I'm not a singer! d:
Seriously though, I can barely sing, and my voice is definitely going to be the worst parts of these demos, especially with the terrible recording quality. But that's okay, because what I really want to show off is my songwriting, and my instrument compositions :p

Okaay, disclaimers aside, here is a poorly recorded demo! It's a sad emo song about a girl, accompanied with an acoustic guitar, which could describe most of my songs :3
I hate to reiterate, but it's not going to sound pretty. This is a writing site, so I just wanted to post my song-writing, and it seemed pointless without a recording. The lyrics will be in the spoiler underneath, and criticism is welcome but not required :)
This is the first time I'm sharing my songs, yay me :3
Last edited by Asith on Tue May 10, 2022 6:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

"In the beginning, the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry, and been widely regarded as a bad move."

1228 Reviews

Reviews: 1228
Sat Nov 09, 2019 7:05 pm
alliyah says...

Dude - this is good! [ALSO I totally relate to your disclaimers, because I very occasionally write songs too, but I feel like my singing is garbage] your voice sounded fine though! It's really hard to get a good recording in one-go, but volume and everything seemed decent. And your guitar playing is extremely catchy! I liked the pace of the whole song, that it really moved along each verse jumping into the next naturally.

I'm not sure I get the line "does your room still paint the street" - but there are some of these lines are really gems - the juxtaposition of someone calling themselves an insatiable animal, but also just talking about "anecdotes" is sweet - and the premises of ghosts and run-aways is really interesting, and makes the song's narrative really strong. Hope to hear/read more music from you!
you should know i am a time traveler &
there is no season as achingly temporary as now
but i have promised to return

108 Reviews

Reviews: 108
Mon Nov 11, 2019 6:13 pm
View Likes
Asith says...

Spoiler! :
alliyah wrote:Dude - this is good! [ALSO I totally relate to your disclaimers, because I very occasionally write songs too, but I feel like my singing is garbage] your voice sounded fine though! It's really hard to get a good recording in one-go, but volume and everything seemed decent. And your guitar playing is extremely catchy! I liked the pace of the whole song, that it really moved along each verse jumping into the next naturally.

I'm not sure I get the line "does your room still paint the street" - but there are some of these lines are really gems - the juxtaposition of someone calling themselves an insatiable animal, but also just talking about "anecdotes" is sweet - and the premises of ghosts and run-aways is really interesting, and makes the song's narrative really strong. Hope to hear/read more music from you!

Aw, thanks! It's really nice to hear that someone else's songwriting is being bullied by their own voice :3
I guess rooms don't really go on the end of streets, I just thought it was a cute sentimental little hook - it may have even been the first line I wrote for this actually! :p

So I actually found this mp3 that I made a while ago. It's actually well-recorded this time, so that's great. On the other hand, it's not much of a song -- more of a calming sort of jingle. It started out as just the first guitar melody, Then I wrote a few lowkey ad-libbed lyrics over it, and stitched on another guitar riff to make it sound more full. Actual sound production is such a life-saver :p

"In the beginning, the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry, and been widely regarded as a bad move."

Who wants to become a writer? And why? Because it’s the answer to everything. It’s the streaming reason for living. To note, to pin down, to build up, to create, to be astonished at nothing, to cherish the oddities, to let nothing go down the drain, to make something, to make a great flower out of life, even if it’s a cactus.
— Enid Bagnold