z

Young Writers Society

And the Bride Wore White

125 Reviews

Reviews: 125
Fri Nov 21, 2008 4:46 pm
PerforatedxHearts says...

Kinda brings me back to my short story And the Bride Wore Black, which was published in the YWS Lit Journal. Yeah, I just noticed it now. ;)
Attachments
When You Were Mine.jpg
Yes, I just noticed that my other topic is called When You Were Mine. I mistitled it.
When You Were Mine.jpg (75.55 KiB) Viewed 150 times
"Video games don't affect kids. If Pacman had affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills, and listening to repetitive electronic music." --anonymous/banner.

247 Reviews

Reviews: 247
Sat Nov 22, 2008 2:05 am
Searria H. says...

Wow. Very good. I can't draw, so I'm amazed.

I thought the shading was good, although some of the areas in her dress could have been darker to give it more depth.

Her left eye (on our right) looked a little mishapen twords the inside corner. I think her lower lit has a little dip in it or something. I'm not sure. For the most part, her face is very well proportioned. Parts of her hair were extraordinary, but the one big patch of solid hair kind of bothers me. It needs to flow more, I think. Her hand is amazing! I can't draw hands for the life of me!

Good work. Very pretty.

-Sea-
'Let's eat Grandma!' or, 'Let's eat, Grandma!' Punctuation saves lives.

Reviews? You know you want one. :)

*Ribbit*

125 Reviews

Reviews: 125
Tue Nov 25, 2008 2:07 am
PerforatedxHearts says...

Totally agree with you. UGH. Now that I look at her eye, it is a bit misshapen. Like, the pupil part is too big for it...? Gross. I know.

Usually I do hair and eyes well. It looks like someone carved her hair out of wood or something. I'll work on that too.

I have a crappy scanner, though, so when you look at it on paper the shading is better and the dress does look darker.

Thank you so much!
"Video games don't affect kids. If Pacman had affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills, and listening to repetitive electronic music." --anonymous/banner.

"You're wrong about humanity. They are your greatest creation because they're better than you are. Sure, they're weak, and they cheat and steal and destroy and disappoint, but they also give and create, and they sing and dance and love. Above all, they never give up."
— Metatron