z

Young Writers Society

Motivational tips and bits.

Reviews: 4
Wed Nov 05, 2008 10:28 am
danster724 says...

I'm a bit low on the word count so if anyone can give me tips, or motivational speaking it would be appreciated
"I came here tonight because when you realize you want to spend the rest of your life with someone you want the rest of your life to begin as soon as possible."

565 Reviews

Reviews: 565
Wed Nov 05, 2008 1:54 pm
Stori says...

Keep writing! Even if all your ideas are junk, write something.

798 Reviews

Reviews: 798
Wed Nov 05, 2008 1:56 pm
Areida says...

Sometimes I just write nonsense scenes, where the characters from my novel do bizarre things in bizarre situations. I'll never actually use them or show them to anyone, but sometimes they help get me going.

Or start an argument. Conflict is always good, and once you get going in the quick back-and-forth of an argument between two (or more) characters, you'll be surprised at how much you can write.
Got YWS?

"Most of us have far more courage than we ever dreamed we possessed."
- Dale Carnegie

71 Reviews

Reviews: 71
Wed Nov 05, 2008 2:49 pm
rubberduck says...

Ah. Low on the word count. High five! :D
Well, there are others like ya.. So, well... Misery loves company!

Hmm...
Do what Areida suggested. Write nonsense scenes. ^^
That's what I did. And that alone got me about 500 words. :)

Good luck!
I'm normally not a praying man, but if you're up there, please save me Superman.
- Homer Simpson

2631 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 2631
Wed Nov 05, 2008 4:00 pm
Rydia says...

Just add an action scene. Have something unexpected happen and then write your characters reactions to it and what happens next and so forth.
Writing Gooder

~Previously KittyKatSparklesExplosion15~

The light shines brightest in the darkest places.

111 Reviews

Reviews: 111
Thu Nov 06, 2008 2:49 am
Gladius says...

Do a word war. Great motivation. xD

But...if nothing comes to you even with the pressure going for ya, try the above suggestions. Or, spend a whole writing session brainstorming/plotting, if that's more your style. Take a walk in the woods or something, listen to music that fits what you're trying to write, and simulate other various things you'd see/hear/smell as that character in a particular scene or plot arc you're trying to write. That generally helps me to at least a small degree; it at least gets my creative juices flowing.

I might be unique in that, though. :P
When Heroes fall and the Sacred Blade is captured, can Evil be stopped?~The Wings of Darkness

I'm also ZeldaMoogle on Fanfiction.net!

"Funny is a formula for which there are a million variables, and it is impossible to backtrack unless, possibly, you make a living out of it."~Rosey Unicorn

Your presence can give happiness. I hope you remember that.
— Jin, BTS