z

Young Writers Society

NaNo Planning 2008

387 Reviews

Reviews: 387
Thu Aug 28, 2008 2:19 pm
yoha_ahoy says...

Have you already started planning your Nano for this year? Do you need ideas? Share here!!

Personally, I have no idea what I'm doing for my 4th NaNo this year. The past three years I did a series with all the same characters but now I want to do something new. Preferably not Sci-Fi because that's what my last three were. Please help?! :? Any suggestions?

~Yoyo 8)
@(^_^)@
Got YWS?

2631 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 2631
Thu Aug 28, 2008 3:04 pm
Rydia says...

Well I've not actually taken part in NaNo before and as much as I'd love to, I just embarked on quite a large project so I'm not sure if I will.

There again, there's still another two months so maybe I'll be far enough with my current project to set it aside for a while. If so, I think I'll write something around the horror genre. I haven't written a real horror before but I'd love to try.

Maybe you should give horror a go as well yoyo?
Writing Gooder

~Previously KittyKatSparklesExplosion15~

The light shines brightest in the darkest places.

15 Reviews

Reviews: 15
Thu Aug 28, 2008 8:22 pm
Sakah says...

Ooh, I'd like to try NaNo for the first time (if my homework and tiredness doesn't get in the way.)

I think I'd be doing a string of short stories that connect with each other (or something of the sort...)
Music is like candy, you have to throw away the wrappers ^-^

"Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated." β€” Confucius

516 Reviews

Reviews: 516
Thu Aug 28, 2008 8:32 pm
chocoholic says...

I had something planned, but then I began another novel so I don't know whether I'll be doing NaNo this year.

My novel was going to be about a Catholic girl who is raped by her best friend's brother and gets pregnant. It goes through how she struggles to accept what happened, how the people around her react and how she struggles to accept her son after he's born.

Hopefully I'll write it one day, and I still have two months so I may be able to complete the first draft of my novel and do NaNoWriMo.
*Don't expect to see me around much in the next couple of weeks. School has started again, and it'll be a couple of weeks before I've settled in. If you've asked me for a critique, you will get it, but not for a little while. Sorry*

Random avatar

Reviews: 56
Thu Aug 28, 2008 8:37 pm
View Likes
thunder_dude7 says...

If 8th grade is good to me and doesn't give me too much homework, I hope to participate this year.

Now, what to do...hmm...I do have one idea that I have been working with a bit. Maybe this will get me to write it.

Alright! Time to go for NaNoWriMo! My first! WOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11111111oneoneone

ELAPHANT LINE DANCE!

:elephant: :elephant: :elephant: :elephant: :elephant: :elephant: :elephant: :elephant: :elephant: :elephant: :elephant: :elephant: :elephant: :elephant: :elephant: :elephant: :elephant: :elephant: :elephant: :elephant: :elephant: :elephant: :elephant: :elephant: :elephant: :elephant: :elephant: :elephant: :elephant: :elephant: :elephant: :elephant: :elephant: :elephant: :elephant: :elephant: :elephant: :elephant: :elephant: :elephant: :elephant: :elephant:

150 Reviews

Reviews: 150
Thu Aug 28, 2008 8:41 pm
Ross says...

I was thinking about writing one with a group of deaf characters for NaNo. Kind of like To Kill a Mockingbird-esque, but a lot more modern. If I do participate, it will be my first. And hopefully, I will finish!
And we'll be a dream...

"Dee Dubbleyou." - BigBadBear

1176 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1176
Thu Aug 28, 2008 9:01 pm
Twit says...

I have my NaNo all planned out. Viz., make it up as I go along.

And thunder? Cheat right from the very beginning. :wink:
"TV makes sense. It has logic, structure, rules, and likeable leading men. In life, we have this."

#TNT

1258 Reviews

Reviews: 1258
Thu Aug 28, 2008 9:42 pm
Sam says...

Pish posh, thinking you're going to do NaNo--you are going to do NaNo, and that's a fact. ^_~

I'm doing a tragicomedy-esque bit about immigration and the Midwest, but, ugh, it means I actually have to research this year. It's fun, but there's just so much I don't know. I think I might take a break from the book work and do some interviews next month, so that will be infinitely preferable. And I might end up actually outlining! What a great shock that would be!
Graffiti is the most passionate form of literature there is.

- Demetri Martin

497 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 497
Thu Aug 28, 2008 9:56 pm
Teague says...

I'm giving way to peer pressure and redoing Ahoy Insanity by popular demand.

I dunno what you people see in that story. It's a load of frog poo.

-:pirate3:
"2-4-6-8! I like to delegate!" -Meshugenah
"Teague: Stomping on your dreams since 1992." -Sachiko
"So I'm looking at FLT and am reminded of a sandwich." -Jabber

41 Reviews

Reviews: 41
Thu Aug 28, 2008 9:58 pm
Layleun says...

Haha, I'm gonna haul on this project I started. I only have.....three chapters done and I want a whole book! =P Hopefully my procrastination won't kick in ^.^

8 Reviews

Reviews: 8
Thu Aug 28, 2008 10:22 pm
Rakun says...

This is going to be my first year on NaNoWrimo :D .
Because reading the book "Not plot? Nor problem?", I got more motivated.
NaNoWriMo, I go!!!

Possible I just will plan a main plot, principal setting and 2 or 3 important characters.

Let me to suggest "It's is a long way to the top" by AC/DC because this accommodate me in the situation. :P

And, possible the appropriate tittle should to be "it's a long way to the top, if you wanna rock and write!" because sound thematic...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H1iR2Wi3u5o
Don't matter what, just WRITE!

Do you YWS?

19 Reviews

Reviews: 19
Thu Aug 28, 2008 10:22 pm
Anijumper says...

Well, I was planning on doing it, but this year is going to be pretty crazy, plus I recently started a new idea that I'm really excited about. It's going to be hard to put it down and work on something else. But I will give it an effort. ^_^

1464 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1464
Sat Aug 30, 2008 5:45 pm
JabberHut says...

I was originally going to do a fantasy, but I started it 'cause I got excited. :lol: Maybe I'll just add on to that in November, or I'll come up with another idea. I know I have novel ideas floating around in Word somewhere. I've been considering my historical-romance and completely rewriting it 'cause it's pretty badly written as far as it is.

But then again, I have a couple months to think of something completely new and exciting. ^^ It'll be my first year doing NaNo, and I'm more than excited. 'Course, it's only been three weeks of school and already I haven't been on the computer except for weekends. :?

We'll see what happens. ^^

~ Jabber ~
I make my own policies.

2058 Reviews

Reviews: 2058
Sat Aug 30, 2008 5:52 pm
Emerson says...

NaNo is so amazing. For example, I was in the middle of researching my novel when I saw this thread!

I'm planning, but it's bumpy right now, and I can't figure out if I should research now, or later. Either way, I'm so excited. (Even though I may have no time to write.)
β€œIt's necessary to have wished for death in order to know how good it is to live.”
― Alexandre Dumas, The Count of Monte Cristo

252 Reviews

Reviews: 252
Sun Aug 31, 2008 12:50 am
Insomnia says...

I've been planning for a while. I did it for the first time last year, and I planned about two thirds of it. Trouble is, when I ran out of outline, I ran of of drive and just stopped completely. I haven't touched it since.

So this year, I'm going to plan out the entire thing. I know what happens in the first half, and the last quarter. It's the third quarter that's eluding me at the moment. :lol: Stupid haphazard plotting.

EDIT: Is there an actual thread for what everyone's NaNo is about this year? I remember the one from last year, and the ideas were all amazing. We need another if there isn't one. xD

I regret everything.
— Ron Swanson