z

Young Writers Society

NaNo Quotes

1258 Reviews

Reviews: 1258
Fri Nov 02, 2007 3:22 am
Sam says...

As another source of distraction: I thought we needed a thread to put NaNo quotes in- got something especially grand or deep or simply NaNo-like?

“We also carry a variety of Royal Treats, such as the Peanut Buster Parfait and Triple Fudge Brownie Earthquake.”

“Hmm.”

“And if you would like to take treats home for the family, we have a wide selection of-“

“I live by myself.”

Something inside of Carl died.

And the ultimate word count booster, the Note To Self:

She set the spoon against the rim of the pot [DOES WILLIAM HAVE BOOTS OR NOT? I'M OPTING FOR NO AT THIS POINT] and came close to him, orbiting his chair until she stood at his back, running her fingers through his hair.

*green light* Go!
Graffiti is the most passionate form of literature there is.

- Demetri Martin

2058 Reviews

Reviews: 2058
Fri Nov 02, 2007 3:27 am
Emerson says...

Don't you love talking to yourself in the story? XD

I really only have nanoisms at this point.. nothing good that isn't short

Armin walked of towards his general direction.

“Selections today. More train loads. If I’m correct these ones are coming from Bulgaria (????).”

Haha, in this ones case, I was trying to recall a certain event in history, a huge load of prisoners from one country flooded Auschwitz all at one time, only, I haven't a clue where they are from and I don't have the book! So, I guessed.
“It's necessary to have wished for death in order to know how good it is to live.”
― Alexandre Dumas, The Count of Monte Cristo

376 Reviews

Reviews: 376
Fri Nov 02, 2007 3:32 am
Trident says...

Ha. In these lines I have somewhat of a contradiction as well as a lame segway.

His mentor was there talking with the doctors. They were saying something about relocation. Denoir’s gurney passed them by. He was soon injected with a chilled concoction. It was oddly warm and he felt it breathe through his body. The sedative was working its magic and he fell into a sleep.

Can something be chilling and warm at the same time. Maybe. ^_^

And he fell into a sleep. Oooh. How original. ;)
Perception is everything.

2058 Reviews

Fri Nov 02, 2007 3:40 am
Emerson says...

Haha, chilled and warm....

I completely forgot about my morbid asides:

You instructed someone to pull the bodies out of the cars (and there were always bodies in the cars) ...
“It's necessary to have wished for death in order to know how good it is to live.”

497 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 497
Fri Nov 02, 2007 3:41 am
Teague says...

Nice one, Clau. xD

I have no oddly random phrases that look like I'm really sleep-deprived... yet. The month is young.

Although this is kind of interesting, I guess. Clyde here just came into the picture but already he's won me over with his oddly lovable nature, even though he's a total -insert insulting adjective of choice here-. :)

Er, spoiler-fied for language.

[spoiler]“You twos are fuckin’ slow as sin,” Clyde swore as Chester and I came within hearing range.

“Nice to see you too, Clyde,” I replied jovially, clapping him on the shoulder. [/spoiler]

...Yeah. Totally lame thus far! xD
"2-4-6-8! I like to delegate!" -Meshugenah
"Teague: Stomping on your dreams since 1992." -Sachiko
"So I'm looking at FLT and am reminded of a sandwich." -Jabber

188 Reviews

Reviews: 188
Fri Nov 02, 2007 4:19 am
Evangelina says...

"Yes, I'm a professor at Oxford, actually. i teach Western European history, but my specialty is in the Spanish Conquest of the 1700s (????)"

Was there even a Spanish conquest in the 1700s? Lmao :]
Break the boundaries, hunt the hunter, and leave me a tip.
----to kill or not to kill

76 Reviews

Reviews: 76
Fri Nov 02, 2007 4:54 am
View Likes
KingKamor says...

This is a quotable from the second page of this year, my first-ever NaNo >.>

“Switches?” Sayuri said stupidly, “I love switches!”

I made up her character on the spot, and has done the sum total of humor in the story so far. XD
"I think it goes until it's done."
"Don't we all."

55 Reviews

Reviews: 55
Fri Nov 02, 2007 5:17 am
starrynight89 says...

this is the only thing that is quoteable

I admired Damien’s talent of playing with their insecurities. He’s a good person to see if you ever wanted your heart ripped out. In fact, he'd rip it out, hand it back and complain about how the blood stained his new shirt.

hehe..

:twisted:

594 Reviews

Reviews: 594
Fri Nov 02, 2007 6:30 am
View Likes
Crysi says...

The wind whooshed against his face.

Clau knows perfectly well how I tried to go through various verbs. None of them worked as well as "whooshed."

I'm afraid that might not make it into the final draft... ;)

(Oh, and I actually managed to write "dust and dirt" this year, instead of just "durt." I'm very proud of myself.)
Love and Light

252 Reviews

Reviews: 252
Fri Nov 02, 2007 8:19 am
Insomnia says...

I actually did manage to get in a few house quite early in the morning, and came up with a pretty good saying. In my opinion, anyway. :roll:

"Come on, you may as well. The world is your lobster!"

...And I'm oddly tempted to keep it.

563 Reviews

Reviews: 563
Fri Nov 02, 2007 11:21 am
Writersdomain says...

Some yummy quotes and nanoisms, my friends. :) This quote completely creeped me out when I first wrote it...

Johnethein handed the reins to Rohbeart and walked to around to glare at the assassin. The assassin looked at him with wild eyes, wearing a grin. He pointed at the boy on the horse, grimy fingers covered in mud almost brushing the child’s body. “For us?” he hissed.

Johnethein waved his hand away, glaring at him. “For Maynard,” he snapped. “Now back off.”
~ WD
If you desire a review from WD, post here

"All I know, all I'm saying, is that a story finds a storyteller. Not the other way around." ~Neverwas

168 Reviews

Reviews: 168
Fri Nov 02, 2007 11:23 am
Swottielottie says...

“Should I throw a bucket of water over her to make sure? Then she’ll dise-, dispa- disaper-“
“Disappear?” corrected Ellima, patting Fuchsia’s golden hair.
Fuchsia blushed and smiled.
“I wouldn’t try that, flower girl, she might just turn you into a real Fuchsia!” laughed Ellima, tickling her under her arms.

I am so behind with my word count!

2058 Reviews

Fri Nov 02, 2007 2:14 pm
Emerson says...

Crysi> I still say should should have written, "The wind made love against his face."

XD

504 Reviews

Reviews: 504
Fri Nov 02, 2007 3:25 pm
Dream Deep says...

Till: Ew. xD

--

She used to wrap handkerchiefs around her hands in the winter, so that she could still play when they couldn't afford to heat the place. He’d walk in and she would be playing Mozart, orange and red scarves fluttering above the trills. She said it was because she didn't want to ruin a pair of gloves by cutting off the tips of the fingers, but he knew that she just liked the feel of the silk on the keys. He's tell her there were better things than silk for battling the cold and she would ignore him, soaking her fingers in warm water until they stopped shaking, holding them over the radiator to dry.

2058 Reviews

Fri Nov 02, 2007 3:27 pm
Emerson says...

Dreamy: What? She couldn't come up with a word!

And that quote is, as you always seem to do, beautiful. It's so full of characterization, immediatly we know she is stubborn and likes to do things her way and also doesn't care for his suggestions. Very cool, awesome, keep it up. ^_^

All hail the mighty Glow Cloud.
— Welcome to Night Vale