z

Young Writers Society

NaNo Planning 2008

157 Reviews

Reviews: 157
Sun Oct 12, 2008 9:53 am
alwaysawriter says...

I'm thinking about just coming up with random characters, developing them, and just going from there. :)
Meshugenah says to (18:12:36):
Kat's my new favorite. other than Sachi.

WWJD: What Would Jabber Do?

369 Reviews

Reviews: 369
Sun Oct 12, 2008 1:32 pm
Conrad Rice says...

I don't know if I'll plan out my story. If I plan something out, I tend to get so wrapped up in the planning that I don't write the story.

But I have two ideas so far. I have two good story universes, the Horus universe and the Gene Candy universe, that I can set stories in if I can't think of anything else.
Garrus Vakarian is my homeboy.

108 Reviews

Reviews: 108
Sun Oct 12, 2008 9:50 pm
KailaMarie says...

I really want to sign up, but I don't think I'll have time... I have a quesiton, though; how much can you plan before it actually starts? Like can you do everything before, and then just write it then? And is it ok if you've already written like half a page, cuz I started writing something, but like not that much of it is written, and I was just wondering if that would be ok?
... :D ...
[url]spottedturtle.tumblr.com[/url]

245 Reviews

Reviews: 245
Mon Oct 13, 2008 1:13 am
LowKey says...

Kikara is fifteen years old, living in the small town of Woodfall. She's in love with history and languages, and has a habit of snooping around. There's one war that isn't taught: Jen's War.

Jen is the goddess of the second world, and her stone is the Issen Romme (kinda like a giant ruby) One day, after keeping two of her four kids from killing each other, and draining herself in the process, she goes to sleep, and the Issen Romme drops from the sky (think falling start that actually falls)

History: Humans are still pretty primitive at this point in time, while the elves have evolved to our current level. Because of the evolutionary gap, and because of the ever-constant warring of Terris and Troy -- Jen's kids who're in charge of the elves and humans -- it wasn't too hard for the elves to overpower the humans.

When the Issen Romme fell, it signaled that something had happened to the goddess. At the same time, Jen had taken away the 'gifts' of Troy and Terris, leaving them still powerful, but at the same time, weaker than a baby, as they couldn't access their own realms to rest. Without Terris fueling them with her gift, the elves were at a disadvantage, and the humans, used to needing to hold their own ground in tough conditions, could have won the war over the stone. Before they could finish the battle, however, someone appeared, stole the stone and vanished.

Sides: Elves want stone to keep power, Humans want stone to wake goddess and free themselves.

Ashamed of themselves for letting the stone get away from them (more like humiliated) they don't teach the subject, and it eventually becomes taboo. If the previous generation of elves had their way, the topic would eventually fade away into myth.

Kikara, ever the nosy one, finds a locked back room in the library. Everyone she asks agrees that it's for storage, but no one can answer why they need storage, or what it is that needs storing in a locked room in the back of the library. Eventually, she gives up on asking and picks the lock, finding a treasure trove of war journals and records. Before she leaves the room, the world is thrust on her shoulders when she pricks her hand on a bit of red rock in one of the journals that turns out to be the Issen Romme. Now, she gets to go and find the Issen Romme and put it back in the sky.

^^ That last bit there is what my NaNo's on. Got the history down, now I just need to find out what happens now and how it happens. I do know that towards the end, there'll be another war over the stone, this time with Kikara (an elf) leading the Humans, and the Humans fighting to keep the stone, rather than gain it.
Necropolis SB / Necropolis DT

Once was Dreamer, is now LowKey_Lyesmith.

Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.

56 Reviews

Reviews: 56
Tue Oct 14, 2008 6:59 pm
KookieKatie says...

Oh, here's my idea: A girl with military parents in the future. Not very distant, but they have new technologies and the governement is a little more controlling. The girl's parents have to leave and they don't know when they will be back, and then the army tells them they are dead, but she finds a letter in her pillow from her parents the night before she is to be taken to an orphanage, and then she sets off on this wild adventure or whatever to find them.

Ideas? Opinions? PLEASE pm me, I am dying here!
Peepsls on this website ought not to be so hatin against other writers!

It's hella hard just to post your stuff to this place, yo!

531 Reviews

Reviews: 531
Tue Oct 14, 2008 7:10 pm
Caligula's Launderette says...

I am armed with a plot, some characters, and some research. Which is marginally better than last year. My NaNo consists of teenagers, zombies, a stolen thunderbird, and lots and lots of snark.

:P

KookieKatie wrote:Ideas? Opinions? PLEASE pm me, I am dying here!

I think the first thing to do is get inside your characters head; do a few freewrites from different POVs.

KaliaMarie wrote:I really want to sign up, but I don't think I'll have time... I have a quesiton, though; how much can you plan before it actually starts? Like can you do everything before, and then just write it then? And is it ok if you've already written like half a page, cuz I started writing something, but like not that much of it is written, and I was just wondering if that would be ok?

You can do as much or as little planning before NaNo actually starts. This year compared to previous years, I've done quite a bit of planning and sketching and such.

Ta,
Cal.
Fraser: Stop stealing the blanket.
[Diefenbaker whines]
Fraser: You're an Arctic Wolf, for God's sake.
(Due South)

Hatter: Do I need a reason to help a pretty girl in a very wet dress? (Alice)

Got YWS?

245 Reviews

Reviews: 245
Wed Oct 15, 2008 5:58 am
LowKey says...

Kaila -- You can have ten pages written up in advance if you want. You can have a hundred.

Rules of WriMo:

1. No writing before Midnight November 1st

2. If you already have something written, then your goal is to add 50,000 words to that, starting midnight November 1st and ending 11:59:59pm November 30th.

3. Not a single word can be added after 11:59:59pm November 30th.
Necropolis SB / Necropolis DT

Once was Dreamer, is now LowKey_Lyesmith.

Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.

201 Reviews

Reviews: 201
Fri Oct 17, 2008 6:10 am
Flemzo says...

I had literally six thousand ideas for NaNo throughout the year, and now it comes time to plan, and I'm stuck, because now I have no ideas. I know I want to have an actual PLOT this time around (instead of just rolling with whatever ideas are floating in my head).

I had an idea on writing a novel from the perspective of a schizophrenic, but I don't think I'd be able to stay interested in it long enough to develop it. Maybe something will trigger me. Or maybe not, and I'll end up sitting out this year.

566 Reviews

Reviews: 566
Mon Oct 20, 2008 8:27 am
miyaviloves says...

I really want to do Nano this year, I tried last year and I never finished and just kinda gave up. I just worry about not having enough time, I kind of have an idea of what to do just....getting to writing it in November! Still, theres no harm in trying is there?
Bag.

Got YWS?

661 Reviews

Reviews: 661
Sat Oct 25, 2008 10:45 am
Jasmine Hart says...

I have my main characters and an idea of my story...no chapter plan or anything though...but maybe I should try making one because I'm useless at plot...
"Just like moons and like suns,
With the certainty of tides,
Just like hopes springing high,
Still I'll rise."
-Maya Angelou

2631 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 2631
Sun Oct 26, 2008 10:52 am
Rydia says...

You could never be useless at plot, Jas. But then, it's always a good idea to plan. Just jot down a few ideas or a short outline for each chapter and add to it as you go along.
Writing Gooder

~Previously KittyKatSparklesExplosion15~

The light shines brightest in the darkest places.

157 Reviews

Reviews: 157
Mon Oct 27, 2008 2:21 am
alwaysawriter says...

My ideas kind of went down the drain...but I sort of have an idea now. It does, unfortunatly, require a lot of time and effort that I don't have. :( :?

-always
Meshugenah says to (18:12:36):
Kat's my new favorite. other than Sachi.

WWJD: What Would Jabber Do?

Reviews: 0
Tue Oct 28, 2008 12:16 am
Peppermint-Wind says...

I have no idea what I'm going to do!
I don't even know what genre or anything.

I did have this idea though...
Well, there's this really weird kid at my school and he gave me inspiration. Haha.
There will be a character named after him (His name's Stuart) and he's radioactive and
bites people and some other stuff.

Trust me. It would sound a lot funnier if you actually knew who I was talking about. :P

I probably won't add it though, unless it's just some random event that happens in the story. x)
~*~
It does not do to dwell on dreams and
forget to live.
~Dumbledore

661 Reviews

Reviews: 661
Tue Oct 28, 2008 5:08 pm
Jasmine Hart says...

*shakes head* Have you read my stuff Kit? That's a good idea, thanks. I think I'll go do that now. Meant to be reading "The Beetle", but I don't like it...
"Just like moons and like suns,
With the certainty of tides,
Just like hopes springing high,
Still I'll rise."
-Maya Angelou

5 Reviews

Reviews: 5
Tue Oct 28, 2008 5:15 pm
ATreeah says...

this is my 1st time doing it...im really excited :D
ATreeah was here

Change isn't inherently good, but you can't stop it, so let's just enjoy the ride. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
— TheSilverFox