z

Young Writers Society

NaNo Planning 2008

922 Reviews

Reviews: 922
Sun Aug 31, 2008 1:03 am
GryphonFledgling says...

Ah! My first year of NaNo!

Planning is pretty much done for me, since I'm basically just rewriting the stories of two characters from my novel. It's a new story, so it's not as though I'm cheating with already written material, but I already have it plotted out by virtue of previous planning for my novel. The two characters were supposed to be main originally and their story was of their meeting and romance, but in subsequent drafts of the novel, they ended up being secondary and already happily married. So my NaNo is to be that unwritten story of their early years. I mean, I love them to death.

At least, that is what I think I am doing. I'm not really sure anymore, considering I have put down the novel that they originally hail from. I want to write their story, but I'm not sure if that's what I want to NaNo. I have another idea, but it's not as fully fleshed yet and I think I want to take time to work it out. Hmm...

Yeah, if you haven't already, try reading "No Plot? No Problem!" Lots of good advice for NaNo and writing in general.
I am reminded of the babe by you.

7 Reviews

Reviews: 7
Mon Sep 01, 2008 2:01 am
.:Elf:. says...

Its my first NaNo as well,
Im just going to work off of my existing story that I basically started 4 weeks ago. Hopefully I have the time, school this year looks like its gonna be hard! But we'll see on Tuesday. Any way, I'm hoping this will kind of jump start my writing of my story.

40 Reviews

Reviews: 40
Tue Sep 02, 2008 5:12 pm
pegasi_quill says...

My first NaNo too, and no, I have no idea what I'll be doing for it. Yet.

I'm waiting for inspiration.
~Memory is a child walking along a seashore. You can never tell what small pebble it will pick up and store away among its treasured things~

Away until August 31st (possibly longer)

245 Reviews

Reviews: 245
Tue Sep 02, 2008 5:28 pm
LowKey says...

NaNo Virgins!

I didn't have a clue what I was going to write, either. Then November 1st hit and around noon, I was like, "Oh shoot, it's NaNoWriMo. I need to write something."

I kind of made something up on the spot as I wrote it, and my novel was born. I had no idea what I was writing, but it all turned our pretty good. Planning helps. I took a day out to outline what would happen in the next two chapters and I was able to speed through bother of them when I wrote them.

Might have something to do with me already knowing what I'm going to do next, but Planning saved my NaNo. Even if you don't do it normally, you should give it a shot.
Necropolis SB / Necropolis DT

Once was Dreamer, is now LowKey_Lyesmith.

Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.

168 Reviews

Reviews: 168
Tue Sep 02, 2008 6:46 pm
Swottielottie says...

If I do NaNo this year, it will be my second attempt. I failed last year with 22,000 :(.
I probably won't, as I'm staring my GCSE's this year so... writing is going to take a backseat sadly.
Hope all of yours goes well!

695 Reviews

Reviews: 695
Wed Sep 03, 2008 12:55 am
Angel of Death says...

I really want to do NaNo this year. It'll be my first time. I've been up night and day, day and night thinking of an idea until I found one. It may not be a smooth-sailing idea right now but tis a good one.
Good Luck to everyone who sits 'round the writing table.
Cheers!!
-Angel
True love, in all it’s celestial charm, and
star-crossed ways, only exist in a writer’s
mind, for humans have not yet learned
how to manifest it.

11 Reviews

Reviews: 11
Sat Sep 06, 2008 7:16 pm
Sketch says...

I've attempted Nano for the past two years... I'd have a plan and everything but then November first would come around and I'd start but then I'd go to Convention and completely forget about it... and never pick it up again. Thank goodness that this year Convention was moved to October. So =] I'm happy.

Anyways, I'm in the middle of planning... I'm not doing a real outline, just a few plot points and things that are going to happen and Characters. I have no plot this year, yet... but I'm going to have well rounded characters, and I'm going to know there past fairly well! =] This is going to be a fun november.

My only problem right now is getting everything organized and such.... I'll probably just make a video in Movie Maker to help sort out characters and such. =]

35 Reviews

Reviews: 35
Wed Sep 10, 2008 4:06 pm
Lilith says...

woooo!!!!!!!! i'm already stressing over nano, and its not even october. I've spent the last week brainstorming and almost killing myself but i think i've finally settled on a comedic horror story. Or a romantic horror. Or a romantic fantasy. Oh, I haven't settled. EEEEKK. My world will come to a screeching hault November 1st. woo.
Duffy -- "Watch out for Jesse, he wants what he can't have."
Emily -- "Oh boy, he can have me."
Duffy -- "Figures..."

11 Reviews

Reviews: 11
Wed Sep 10, 2008 7:39 pm
Sketch says...

Update: YAY! I've got conflict, hence a plot! It's a lame plot but a plot is a plot... there's so much going on while the MC is getting from point A to point B that I don't think the reader will care so much about it lameness... but yeah I thought I'd share that since I've been really excited. =] =]

Now, if only I had a title...

2631 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 2631
Wed Sep 10, 2008 8:07 pm
Rydia says...

Okay so the majot project I started got put on hold literally just a few days after that first post (see page one of this thread) because I suddenly realised that there's no way I'm going to have time to write much over the next few months and if I really want to do it justice, I should just go ahead and make it my NaNo =)

I'm really excited to try this out actually. I hope I can find the time to give it a real good go!
Writing Gooder

~Previously KittyKatSparklesExplosion15~

The light shines brightest in the darkest places.

157 Reviews

Reviews: 157
Sun Sep 14, 2008 5:14 pm
alwaysawriter says...

This'll be my first time doing NaNo, if I get the chance. My Grandparents (both sets) are coming down near to the end for Thanksgiving so I'll not only have two adults bossing me around but four and I can almost hear them saying "Kate, get off that computer this instant!" *Glares* Plus school, my friends who can't stand writing and therefore will torment me about it...November's going to be a busy month.

I was looking through some of my old stories on my laptop. Two of them are crappily finished and another twenty I've gotten stuck on. I may work on some of my unfinished ideas or maybe I'll work on revamping and rewriting one of the finished stories. That'll be a nightmare...the one that needs the most work is only 9,996 words.

Good luck waiting til then, Kitty!:)

-alwaysawriter
Meshugenah says to (18:12:36):
Kat's my new favorite. other than Sachi.

WWJD: What Would Jabber Do?

145 Reviews

Reviews: 145
Sun Sep 14, 2008 9:23 pm
deleted2 says...

o.0

First year of NaNo. Should be fun!

I've been planning like mad and have the entire storyline laid out in bullet points. Now, of course, I am incapable of sticking to these bullet points so my story won't be what I initially planned, but what the heck :wink:

I've thought of my title, The Death Of Innocence, and wrote my novel excerpt on the NaNoWriMo website already.

*ponders*

I'll post it here:

Meet 16-year old Tibby Maureen Evans; a troubled teenager with a painful secret. To the outside world she appears no different than most others of her age, and seems to be steering her way through life in a nearly effortless manner. High school drama, going out with friends, boy problems, exam stress and the generally confusing state of mind adolescence brings about seem to be her only real concerns, and even those don't strike the public as anywhere above normal. The only one who knows the truth is Tibby herself.
As soon as the lights go out she’s haunted, and not in the supernatural sense of the word. She is slowly being consumed by the horrors humans are capable of committing, and struggles with a past that is less than perfect. For eleven years of her life she’s been crumbling on the inside, while a façade of normality covers the peripheral layer of her that others see.
More than half her lifetime she's been hiding her true self, but now it is time to literally face her monsters.

Yays :)

XxxDo

Reviews: 2
Wed Sep 17, 2008 1:47 pm
AlyceParke says...

Whoa. I have been waiting for something like this.

I'm awfully good at starting novels but I never finish them.

This is just what I need to get my butt in gear! WOOO!

it's not like my blood isn't already 80% coffee XD
He who perceives, Suffers.

It takes an educated man to be able to entertain a though without accepting it.

36 Reviews

Reviews: 36
Sun Sep 21, 2008 4:53 am
ankhirke says...

It's the first year that I'm planning on participating in NaNo, and I am so excited! I've got my story set up, and the first third of it planned out, but I'm getting stuck in the middle. Which might not be a problem, since the first third is rather long and may be able to give me the win by itself.

yeah...

Of course, I can never stick to traditional format, so it's going to be more like a series of short stories than actual chapters - that might prove to be a problem. Then again it might not. *shrug*

Anyways, the general idea behind the book is that this young girl can see fantastic creatures which may or may not be in her imagination, and she has to deal with that while going to middle school and being part of a minority culture. It's a little bit coming-of-age, a little bit descent into insanity, a little bit autobiography, and a little bit modern fantasy. It's a book I've been wanting to write for a while, and Nano gives me the perfect excuse!

Let's just hope i can actually stick to it!

~Annie

241 Reviews

Reviews: 241
Wed Oct 08, 2008 12:37 am
lyrical_sunshine says...

My NaNo is going to be a collision of a sci-fi story I started writing a year ago (but never finished), a dream I had last night, and a recently-developed obsession with steampunk. So it's going to be like...sci-fi steampunk. Is that an oxymoron?

I'm debating on whether I want to plan this one or not. I have all these vivid images and characters in my head thanks to my awesome subconscious, so I think it might come out better if I DON'T plan it. And it will definitely be more interesting. :)

And I'm a NaNo virgin too! Woot woot!
“We’re still here,” he says, his voice cold, his hands shaking. “We know how to be invisible, how to play dead. But at the end of the day, we are still here.” ~Dax

Teacher: "What do we do with adjectives in Spanish?"
S: "We eat them!"

If you want to tell people the truth, make them laugh, otherwise they'll kill you.
— Oscar Wilde