z

Young Writers Society

NaNoWriMo Eve (a.k.a. Time to Freak Out)

387 Reviews

Reviews: 387
Sat Oct 31, 2009 3:33 pm
yoha_ahoy says...

So did anyone else forget that today was actually Halloween as well? It just doesn't feel very Halloween-y at college. Anywho, that's not what this is about...

Who is ready for NaNoWriMo?!

I've got outlines, and character descriptions galore, but I still don't feel mentally ready for the writing to begin. Who else is with me? Or who just needs to freak out about not even having a plot yet? Or anything else NaNo-related? Here's your place to do it! Rant and rave away!

~Yoyo 8)
@(^_^)@
Got YWS?

29 Reviews

Reviews: 29
Sat Oct 31, 2009 5:45 pm
The Jesseble says...

In previous years, I've planned in advance like crazy...only to fall flat on my face when the time came. I seem to decide half way through that I hate the plan, so I never get any where. So this time, I think that I might be spontaneous. But I have a feeling that I'll be here in a couple of days, showering you with my woes when I find myself drowning in Writer's Block :P.

I think that as I get older, Hallowe'en doesn't feel as fun. It just seems like an excuse to go out in crazy clothes, which isn't a problem, only I like to do that quite often so the novelty wears off a little.

Well, it'll be fun to write tomorrow with a stinking hangover, that's for sure XD. Maybe that'll give me inspiration...

TJ
***The Jesseble***

Cheese Hat

Reviews: 2
Sat Oct 31, 2009 7:03 pm
The Raven says...

Last year I had the name of my novel down, and that was it. I ended up w/ 50k words, but now I'm not sure if I should continue that novel or start a new one! Continuing the novel would be great, but I feel like I should save that novel for another time.

So, pretty much, I'm freaking out because 1) I'm not even sure what I'm gonna write and 2) I'm not even sure if I'll be able to write 50k words again b/c of school.

Hurray for Improv?

661 Reviews

Reviews: 661
Sat Oct 31, 2009 7:20 pm
Jasmine Hart says...

Yes! I totallt forgot! I have no plot and no characters and no setting...
"Just like moons and like suns,
With the certainty of tides,
Just like hopes springing high,
Still I'll rise."
-Maya Angelou

151 Reviews

Reviews: 151
Sat Oct 31, 2009 7:51 pm
Forestqueen808 says...

I am so freaking out!!! I thought I had all my stuff worked out...but suddenly I have new ideas!!! AGH!!!! But my characters I don't know too well! So its gonna be hard.....dang Nanowrimo's EVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Sorrow lasts through this night
I'll take this piece of you,
and hold for all eternity
For just one second I felt whole... as you flew right through me.

~Sorrow by Flyleaf

438 Reviews

Reviews: 438
Sat Oct 31, 2009 10:21 pm
JFW1415 says...

I usually get my characters from my title, and my plot from my characters, and as of right now I have a title and characters. I just decided to do it this year yesterday, and I have never written more than 7k for one story, so I'm rather worried. But I absolutely loooooove my title and characters, so I'm super excited.

Being sick has given me time to plot, but it won't help me write tomorrow!

531 Reviews

Reviews: 531
Mon Nov 02, 2009 2:32 am
Caligula's Launderette says...

I actually didn't realize until I started writing that my plot is a giant vacuum with plot-holes the size of Antarctica.
Fraser: Stop stealing the blanket.
[Diefenbaker whines]
Fraser: You're an Arctic Wolf, for God's sake.
(Due South)

Hatter: Do I need a reason to help a pretty girl in a very wet dress? (Alice)

Got YWS?

93 Reviews

Reviews: 93
Tue Nov 03, 2009 12:41 am
MagnusBane says...

It's day 2, I'm 4,000 words in, and I still have no idea what my story's about. :(
“Don't tell me the moon is shining; show me the glint of light on broken glass.” Anton Chekhov

15 Reviews

Reviews: 15
Tue Nov 03, 2009 12:50 am
View Likes
Lorrilrakest. says...

It's day 3, I'm 0 words in. I know what im writing about, just dont find the energy TO write.
"Who needs God when you've got me?"
- Jessica Sanders

"Didn't I throw you out a window?"
- Jessica Sanders

www.drizzlefilm.com

86 Reviews

Reviews: 86
Tue Nov 10, 2009 1:11 am
Tabithalillian says...

Is is really awful that I only have about eight thousand words? I had the worst writer's block this weekend and just decided not to push it. I am writing again but trying to make the plot more exciting to myself so that I wont get totally bored and give up half way to 50k words.
Living in a tower

I communicate much better on paper than I do when I open my mouth.
— Aaron Sorkin