z

Young Writers Society

Ghost Writer

2631 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 2631
Sat Nov 01, 2008 1:07 pm
Rydia says...

Hey guys, okay I'm going to post lots of ranting about my NaNo here and probably the odd extract, just to keep myself motivated.

So far, I'm about two hundred and fifty words in (Curses to drinking at Halloween and having to clean the flat up this morning before I could start!) and I'm a little dubious about the research I'm going to need to do. I didn't do a lot before I started because I was being lazy but I've done quite a chunk so far today and It doesn't feel quite write. My novel's a dark satire about a writer who uses dubious ways of getting information for her stories amongst other things but I'm having to resort to some pretty low methods too to get the information I need. Ah well, let's call it getting into character shall we? For the moment at least.

I will return here in five or six hours after some writing and basketball training (two and a half hours long today and that's not including traveling :( ) and hopefully I'll have more to report.
Writing Gooder

~Previously KittyKatSparklesExplosion15~

The light shines brightest in the darkest places.

672 Reviews

Reviews: 672
Sat Nov 01, 2008 2:43 pm
Squall says...

I didn't do a lot before I started because I was being lazy but I've done quite a chunk so far today and It doesn't feel quite write.

Pun intended?

Anyway, I can't wait to see it, it sounds interesting. Wish you good luck 8)

Andy.
"To the edge of the universe and back. Endure and survive."

2631 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 2631
Sun Nov 02, 2008 12:30 pm
Rydia says...

Yes, pun intended =) And thank you, Andy! I need all the luck I can get...

Update: At the end of yesterday I had 1674 words and that is still my count to date but I'll be starting again in about an hour or so. I think the general plot is going well but my main character is being tricky. Her personality is already developing differently to how I imagined it and the relationship between her and Mike is suddenly much more complex than it was supposed to be. They've gone from being work colleagues to having lived together prior to Dee's illness and then to he having been a contributing factor in her illness so... argh! Lol. And there was me thinking there wasn't enough plot. I wonder what else my mind is hiding from me...
Writing Gooder

~Previously KittyKatSparklesExplosion15~

The light shines brightest in the darkest places.

Imagination is the one weapon in the war against reality.
— Jules de Gaultier