z

Young Writers Society

Account?

7 Reviews

Reviews: 7
Fri Sep 19, 2008 2:09 am
.:Elf:. says...

Do I need an account on the official website? What does that get me? I am a bit confussed on that matter. :?

2058 Reviews

Reviews: 2058
Fri Sep 19, 2008 11:56 am
Emerson says...

Yes! If you want to actually win, you should get an account.

The gives you access to the forums, which are ever so helpful, and your own beautiful author page. It also lets you keep track of your official word count, and through that account you can submit your work at the end of the year and WIN! They give you an awesome piece of paper to write your name on that says you won. It's always really pretty.

I would suggest you get an account. :-) It's just part of the fun! But wait until Oct 1, when this years sign ups begin.
“It's necessary to have wished for death in order to know how good it is to live.”
― Alexandre Dumas, The Count of Monte Cristo

241 Reviews

Reviews: 241
Wed Oct 08, 2008 12:40 am
lyrical_sunshine says...

Oooh, you can WIN?? That would look good on resumes. :D I'm excited. Confused, nervous, and bewildered, but excited too. Hehe.
“We’re still here,” he says, his voice cold, his hands shaking. “We know how to be invisible, how to play dead. But at the end of the day, we are still here.” ~Dax

Teacher: "What do we do with adjectives in Spanish?"
S: "We eat them!"

200 Reviews

Reviews: 200
Fri Oct 10, 2008 4:15 am
MidnightVampire says...

I think your teachers can also have the school sign up and then some students can sign up below them. That way, you can set a goal of 40,500 if you think that's all you can reach (but hey! If you've got 40,500 why not go the whole nine yards and write 500 more words?) That's what my elt teacher is doing. But my goal is still 50,000.
M.V
I realized that I said I'd be gone for only two weeks...but I was gone for much longer.I hope to stay on this time. :)

"I love you as certain dark things are to be loved, in secret, between the shadow and the soul."
— Pablo Neruda