z

Young Writers Society

Finis

11 Reviews

Reviews: 11
Sat Dec 01, 2007 6:46 am
logosgal says...

So. That's it. It is now just a few minutes after midnight here. It is officially December 1, and thus ends National Novel Writing Month 2007.

This was my first NaNoWriMo ever. I wrote almost 5 thousand words on the last day, and I pretty much skipped dinner to do it. *stomach growls :roll: * I didn't win, but I got up to 19,758 words before the site stopped allowing me to update my word count, and I think that's pretty good for my first try. It's more than I've written in most of my other stories. I finally managed to get my inner editor to go away for the most part, which was a huge victory for me, perfectionist as I am. Hopefully the story I started this November will actually get finished and edited someday soon.

Anyway, it was fun, and I learned a lot.

What about you guys? What are your thoughts here at the end of November?
Home is where the books are.

168 Reviews

Reviews: 168
Sat Dec 01, 2007 3:06 pm
Swottielottie says...

I didn't win either. I was at about 21,900 but I stopped halfway through.
I really want to do it again. Funny I couldn't be bothered during november and i really want to do it now.

497 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 497
Tue Dec 04, 2007 11:00 pm
Teague says...

Two words: plot holes.

>.<

Gaah. I may have won NaNo, but I'm only about halfway done with my novel. And I reread the first part and found a dozen plot holes.

Oh, the curse of the writer who cannot write in a linear fashion! *sadness*

Bleh. And after I killed a tree printing the first pseudo-chapter thingy off.
"2-4-6-8! I like to delegate!" -Meshugenah
"Teague: Stomping on your dreams since 1992." -Sachiko
"So I'm looking at FLT and am reminded of a sandwich." -Jabber

I'm all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Let's start with typewriters.
— Solomon Short