z

Young Writers Society

I'm finding this Suprisingly Easy

516 Reviews

Reviews: 516
Sat Nov 03, 2007 3:02 am
chocoholic says...

When I first heard about NaNoWriMo and read some of the old posts on here, I thought it would be late nights, billions of chocolate bars and putting off homework.

Instead, it's deciding whether I should continue writing in the middle of the afternoon and having plenty of time for other things (such as reading, going on YWS and putting off homework (it's not NaNoWriMo, I just don't like maths!)).

What about you guys, especially the newbies like me? Is it pretty easy or the most challenging thing you've ever done?
*Don't expect to see me around much in the next couple of weeks. School has started again, and it'll be a couple of weeks before I've settled in. If you've asked me for a critique, you will get it, but not for a little while. Sorry*

713 Reviews

Reviews: 713
Sat Nov 03, 2007 3:07 am
BigBadBear says...

Well, this is both. I love doing NaNo. I don't really find it easy, because I push myself for perfection. I have challenged myself for 5k words EVERY DAY. And I plan to do that. I love writing NaNo, because of my ideas and my story. I just love it.

This is my first year, and I love it. What about everyone else?

My word count is: 8494. I still need 2k more words before tonight is through!

Good writing people!

BBB
Just write -- the rest of life will follow.

Would love help on this.

210 Reviews

Reviews: 210
Sat Nov 03, 2007 4:20 am
Meep says...

Ah, the enthusiasm of week one. Hopefully, it'll stay with you, but watch out for the week two blues.
✖ I'm sick, you're tired. Let's dance.

55 Reviews

Reviews: 55
Sat Nov 03, 2007 5:00 am
starrynight89 says...

I'm getting week one blues...:(...I dont even want to think about week two..
“Anyone can give up, it's the easiest thing in the world to do. But to hold it together when everyone else would understand if you fell apart, that's true strength.”

1258 Reviews

Reviews: 1258
Sat Nov 03, 2007 5:07 am
Sam says...

I'm sick, so...it's rather more painful than the last two years, but I like my stories a lot better. ^_^
Graffiti is the most passionate form of literature there is.

- Demetri Martin

76 Reviews

Reviews: 76
Sat Nov 03, 2007 5:24 am
KingKamor says...

Yeah, it feels easy so far, but plan to take it slowly. About 2k or more words a day is enough for me. I'm prepared for those week two blues that I've heard oh-so much about, so I'll just have to keep ahead of the game, even just by a little. XD
"I think it goes until it's done."
"Don't we all."

701 Reviews

Reviews: 701
Sat Nov 03, 2007 7:22 am
bubblewrapped says...

Mmm, I found it easier than expected to break the first 1k, then my time ran out and I've had exams, so it's been something of an ordeal so far. It doesnt help that, for some weird reason, anything I attempt to write in the day seems to turn into crap unless I'm in a really good writing mood, which is rare. I think I just write better after 1am. Which is sooo not good for exams >.<
Got a poem or short story you want me to critique?

There is only one success: to be able to spend your life in your own way, and not to give others absurd maddening claims upon it. (C D Morley)

447 Reviews

Reviews: 447
Mon Nov 12, 2007 6:14 pm
Duskglimmer says...

This is my second year, but I remember my first year seemed extremely easy at first. I got through about a week and then the real work set in. I was so excited at first that I just rushed through everything, got extraordinarily ahead and then lost a few days one weekend when I didn't write anything at all.

The discipline of it was hard for me. Trying to write for several hours EVERY DAY. It was insane. And then by the last week, I was loving it again. NaNoWriMo really isn't that hard, if you just stick to the 50,000 word mark. Sometimes you have to set your own goals after you see what you're capable of.
The robbed that smiles, steals something from the thief. ~William Shakespeare, Othello
Boo. SPEW is watching.

1176 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1176
Mon Nov 12, 2007 6:43 pm
Twit says...

I got second week blues even before the first week had finished. Now I'm in-the-middle. I know I need to catch up, but on the other hand, I counted up my chapters, and found that if I write all the ones I have planned out, I'll go over 50,000, so that's good. Add on the ones I still haven't got a good idea about, and I'm happy.

Neutral.
"TV makes sense. It has logic, structure, rules, and likeable leading men. In life, we have this."

#TNT

It is only a novel... or, in short, only some work in which the greatest powers of the mind are displayed, in which the most thorough knowledge of human nature, the happiest delineation of its varieties, the liveliest effusions of wit and humour, are conveyed to the world in the best-chosen language
— Jane Austen, Northanger Abbey