z

Young Writers Society

You know you're a writer when...

15 Reviews

Reviews: 15
Mon Aug 03, 2009 2:22 am
wolf4 says...

You know you're a writer when someone asks you, "What have you done all day?" you reply, "Oh, nothing much. Bomb went off, got into a fight with the Mafia, apocalyse is knocking at my door. The usual."

Totally guilty
Don't follow in my footsteps. I run into walls.

Sometimes, it's best not to question your friends. Just help them dump the body into the river.

Even if the voices aren't real, they have pretty good ideas.

Writing isn't an excuse for insanity. It's a reason.

15 Reviews

Mon Aug 03, 2009 12:51 pm
wolf4 says...

I just realized that I was the 300th reply! Yay me! ---^

Sometimes, it's best not to question your friends. Just help them dump the body into the river.

93 Reviews

Reviews: 93
Thu Aug 06, 2009 1:35 am
MagnusBane says...

Your neighbors think that you're insane because you're always running around with a foam sword to "get into my character"

You argue with your characters. Out loud. In the middle of Walmart. And lose.
“Don't tell me the moon is shining; show me the glint of light on broken glass.” Anton Chekhov

15 Reviews

Sat Aug 08, 2009 11:09 pm
wolf4 says...

You know you're a writer when you have this thread bookmarked to you favorites, just so you can look at it from time to time and say "Omg! I totally do this all the time!"

True story :)

39 Reviews

Reviews: 39
Sun Aug 09, 2009 12:11 am
kaiden says...

You know you're a writer when you're talking to your friends and suddenly in the middle of the conversation you have to great idea for a story that has nothing to do with the conversation you were just in.

You know you're a writer when you write a story about someone you hate and make their life really miserable.

You know you're a writer when you write a great story out in your head because there wasn't any paper around but fail to put it down just as great when you finally do have paper. (story of my life lol)
Any man can handle adversity, to test a man's character give him power - Abraham Lincoln

To be the greatest is when everything before you is obsolete, and everything after you bears your mark. - ?

1272 Reviews

Reviews: 1272
Sun Aug 09, 2009 12:30 am
Rosendorn says...

You know you're a writer when you know how to make a grammatically correct, page long, sentence. (Making it readable is a whole other ball game)
A writer is a world trapped in a person— Victor Hugo

Ink is blood. Paper is bandages. The wounded press books to their heart to know they're not alone.

110 Reviews

Reviews: 110
Sun Aug 09, 2009 1:06 am
TNCowgirl says...

You know your a writer when your driving down the road and all thats going through your mind is story after story instead of focusing 100% on the road :D
"And you wonder why we don't like you!" -Trumpkin
Vist my world and make it bigger!
Want a Readers crit???

52 Reviews

Reviews: 52
Sun Aug 09, 2009 3:40 am
Jamie_rocks says...

You know you're a writer when you're in a room with a TV, DVR, Xbox Live, COD 5, and a mostly full refrigerator, and you're sitting curled up on an armchair hand writing fourteen front-and-back pages of your latest story.

True story. My cousin now thinks I"m some kind of freak. :)
Alcohol, Tobacco, & Firearms should be a convenience store, not a government agency.

57 Reviews

Reviews: 57
Mon Aug 24, 2009 9:33 pm
narniafreak12 says...

sorry if I repeat, I didn't have time to read everyone's.

You know you're a read when...

-you have so many notebooks on your desk you can't even sit down and write there, but instead you have to sit on the hard floor and suffer.

-you sit for hours thinking of the one word that's escaped your mind to finish the sentence.

-your characters are somewhat unrealistic and you fall in love with them because they're so amazing.

-you have keys missing from your keyboard because you use it so much.

-you can't find anything because its all covered in books, papers, notebooks, and folders.

-you search frantically for that special pen or pencil that you always use.

-everyone says your good at writing and you still think you stink because nothing came out right.

-you can mentally picture your characters and hear their voices in your head.

-your on vacation and you memorize sights, sounds, smells, etc. to put them in your story later.

-you have so many ideas you can never choose which to work on so you never get anything done.

-if someone says something wrong about a book you correct them by screaming.

uh... that's all I can think of at the moment.

14 Reviews

Reviews: 14
Tue Aug 25, 2009 12:40 am
SteviexOctopus says...

You know you're a writer when being around paper, books, pens or pencils makes you feel better. (True story)

You know you're a writer when you're religious about what you use to write.

You know you're a writer when you go to your room to get rid of things and realize that everything you own is consisted of clothes, furniture, tons of books, decades worth of notebooks and Pens/Pencils. (It's a slight hyperbole, but just add my knickknacks and that's my room.)
.:~|The Red Ink Emporium!|~:.
"What's the point of being grown-up if you can't act childish sometimes?"

15 Reviews

Tue Aug 25, 2009 8:50 pm
wolf4 says...

You know you're a writer when you deprive yourself of food, water, sleep, and potty breaks just to squeeze in "a couple more paragraphs."

You know you're a writer when "a couple more paragraphs" turns into seven pages.

Reviews: 1
Thu Aug 27, 2009 12:42 am
bbqueen says...

You organize you your wirtting websites by topic.
You find yourself giddy over the great idea you just thought of for a story.

So guilty over this over this one. Even got giddy over my sister's story idea.
You’re dependant on music ninety-nine percent of the time to write anything (like I’m doing now. Sad, really).

Yes again so guilty. I cannot write without music. It helps me get into scene. I even have classical music in playlists organize by composer.
You easily win the See How Many Hours You Can Read Contests at school

Yes, totally
You do not use chatspeak in sms-es or instant messaging, no matter how long it takes you to spell out the entire sentence.

It annoys me so much when people use chatspeak. It's just wrong.
You know you're a writer when, scratch notebook, you have an entire folder dedicated to writing!

I had a writing folder for the longest time.
You get really excited when you get a flash drive.

I backup my whole writing folder.
You know you're a writer when you're haunted in your sleep by potential novel outlines.

Sometimes I can't wait for reading time to be over just so that I think about my book.
You know you're a writer when Microsoft word is one of your “favorites” on your computer

Word is a stable in anyone's life. I can't live without it.
you know you're a writer when you sit here and read every single one of these posts just to make sure you're a writer

Yep! I'm a writer :D
You know you're a writer if you sat here and read this entire thread so you could see how every single one of these things is true and applies to your life.

Yep, he's right
There's something delicious about writing those first few words of a story. Miss Potter

1272 Reviews

Reviews: 1272
Thu Aug 27, 2009 9:13 pm
Rosendorn says...

You know you're a writer when you can spot a misquoted Shakespeare lines. (True story. I saw the "to be or not to be" soliloquy with "MacBeth" as the play)
A writer is a world trapped in a person— Victor Hugo

Ink is blood. Paper is bandages. The wounded press books to their heart to know they're not alone.

9 Reviews

Reviews: 9
Sun Aug 30, 2009 11:27 pm
Maddyc says...

You know you're a writer when the idea of life without writing is not a life worth living.

15 Reviews

Mon Aug 31, 2009 9:33 pm
wolf4 says...

You know you're a writer when real guys don't appeal to you anymore. Only the hot, fictional characters you create make you swoon.

If you have a Kuzco in your life and they don't turn into a llama, bail.
— Alan SeaWright