z

Young Writers Society

Title Feedback

459 Reviews

Reviews: 459
Tue Jan 16, 2007 9:25 pm
Poor Imp says...

It could be the dark side of eternity, I suppose - I could imagine some poor character finding endlessness on the other side of life... Or, perhaps, there's ring of those stories where someone is caught replaying the same thing, over and over again. I'd glance at it for certain. ^_^

--

C'era Una Volta...
ex umbris et imaginibus in veritatem

"There is adventure in simply being among those we love, and among the things we love -- and beauty, too."
-Lloyd Alexander

2058 Reviews

Reviews: 2058
Tue Jan 16, 2007 9:46 pm
Emerson says...

"There was once..." Says my google translator.

The fact that the title wasn't in English, I'd certainly take a look at it. It makes me think of a romance, or maybe a fantasy tale. Or maybe a story about a fight between the Italian mob bosses down the road? XD

--

L'Acte Fantastique
“It's necessary to have wished for death in order to know how good it is to live.”
― Alexandre Dumas, The Count of Monte Cristo

185 Reviews

Reviews: 185
Tue Jan 16, 2007 9:49 pm
piepiemann22 says...

I get the feeling it is and edventure or A form of romantic fiction.

A Wind that Blows
I will always fight back, no matter what.

2058 Reviews

Reviews: 2058
Tue Jan 16, 2007 9:58 pm
Emerson says...

Sounds boring. Because doesn't all wind blow? I've never heard of any kind of wind that doesn't blow. And it also has not the slightest reference to what the story could be about...unless its about a wind that blows! But like I said, all wind does that XD

----

I want to try it again

L'Acte Fantastique
“It's necessary to have wished for death in order to know how good it is to live.”
― Alexandre Dumas, The Count of Monte Cristo

459 Reviews

Tue Jan 16, 2007 10:05 pm
Poor Imp says...

Recalls to mind Cirque Du Soleil, though with a slightly darker impression. Somehow (perhaps coming from Mlle Clau ^_~) it makes me think of the irony involved in an act meant to be fantastic. On its own, I'd pick it up if merely for the lovely look of the words together.

--

Sankt Gorod

"There is adventure in simply being among those we love, and among the things we love -- and beauty, too."
-Lloyd Alexander

657 Reviews

Reviews: 657
Tue Jan 16, 2007 11:59 pm
Jennafina says...

I have no idea what it is, a person's name? A place? It's a little too fantasy for me. I'd like it better if it had something to go along with it, The Road To Sankt Gorod or something. It's hard for me to like something I have no idea how to pronounce. :P

Long Time Gone
Jennafina's Love Your Body Already Dammit Campaign

forum353.html

(To find out what it really is, just click.)

55 Reviews

Reviews: 55
Wed Jan 17, 2007 4:21 am
Shafter says...

Sounds like something along the lines of Gone with the Wind. I probably wouldn't pick it up unless the cover art was intriguing.

Hands of Sorrow
Got YWS?

Over 18? Join The Writers Society today!
http://www.thewriterssociety.com

694 Reviews

Reviews: 694
Wed Jan 17, 2007 4:52 am
Via says...

Mm I see death. Probably a drama. I would note it's title while walking by but probably would not pick it up unless the cover was spectacular and probably pink or light blue [why, i don't know]. But of course this is all a matter of personal opinion.

Boise Bandana Basics
My Literary and Arts Blog

"I think I'd miss you even if we'd never met." -The Wedding Date

701 Reviews

Reviews: 701
Wed Jan 17, 2007 9:56 am
bubblewrapped says...

Mm. The alliteration makes me wince and I'm not sure how to get my mouth around it LOL. I get an impression of perhaps something pulp fiction-esq, not sure why. Too upbeat somehow. I might look at it just to see what you were talking about, but the cover art and blurb would have to be really good for this one.

The Devil's Footsteps
Got a poem or short story you want me to critique?

There is only one success: to be able to spend your life in your own way, and not to give others absurd maddening claims upon it. (C D Morley)

571 Reviews

Reviews: 571
Wed Jan 17, 2007 11:30 am
Esmé says...

Sounds like fantasy, but, lol, everything sound liek fantasy to me, hehe. 'The Devil's Footsteps'... Hm... The 'footstep' part somehow makes me think of crimes, detectives, mysteries....

The Jewel and the Lady's Fan

Just wanted to add that it might be without 'fan' - I'm translating a Polsih title :)

-elein

55 Reviews

Reviews: 55
Wed Jan 17, 2007 11:13 pm
Shafter says...

Some sort of historical fiction... it lacks punch, though. There'd have to be some good cover art for me to pick it up.

Black Ice
Got YWS?

Over 18? Join The Writers Society today!
http://www.thewriterssociety.com

701 Reviews

Reviews: 701
Wed Jan 17, 2007 11:35 pm
bubblewrapped says...

Mm. Kind of conventional. I might pick it up, depending on the cover art, but it doesnt really grab me.

Politicians' Wives
Got a poem or short story you want me to critique?

There is only one success: to be able to spend your life in your own way, and not to give others absurd maddening claims upon it. (C D Morley)

798 Reviews

Reviews: 798
Thu Jan 18, 2007 12:02 am
Jiggity says...

Yawn, moving on.

The Sinister Jigster.
Mah name is jiggleh. And I like to jiggle.

"Indecision and terror, thy name is novel." - Chiko

694 Reviews

Reviews: 694
Thu Jan 18, 2007 12:04 am
Via says...

I get Hilary Clinton and Monica Lewinski. I would pick it up for this simple fact and read the back. Lol.

Chapstick Expo
My Literary and Arts Blog

"I think I'd miss you even if we'd never met." -The Wedding Date

459 Reviews

Thu Jan 18, 2007 12:04 am
Poor Imp says...

Ha...I can't judge without laughing too much to think of it objectively. Meaning, naturally, I'd have to pick it up for 'old time's sake' ^_~

--

Sans Soleil

-Lloyd Alexander

How can I be king of the world? Because I am king of rubbish. And rubbish is what the world is made of.
— Kate DiCamillo, The Miraculous Journey of Edward Tulane