z

Young Writers Society

Title Feedback

55 Reviews

Reviews: 55
Thu Jan 11, 2007 11:15 pm
Shafter says...

For some reason, it strikes me as some sort of spy-themed historical novel. Or a romance. If the cover art suggested the former rather than the latter, I'd pick it up.

Never Again
Got YWS?

Over 18? Join The Writers Society today!
http://www.thewriterssociety.com

2058 Reviews

Reviews: 2058
Sat Jan 13, 2007 11:49 pm
Emerson says...

I would pick it up! It sounds like it could be anything, it leaves it to the mind of the reader. Romance. Action. Revenge. Wars. Really, it could be anything. The cover art would just help me be reassured in how cool of a book it would be :-D

--

Mea Culpa
Last edited by Emerson on Sun Jan 14, 2007 3:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
“It's necessary to have wished for death in order to know how good it is to live.”
― Alexandre Dumas, The Count of Monte Cristo

459 Reviews

Reviews: 459
Sun Jan 14, 2007 1:29 am
Poor Imp says...

It sounds a bit morbid - not because of its meaning, but because of a common public lack of comprehension when it comes to penance. At least, so would be my impression. All the same, Latin's got to catch my attention. ^_^ I'd want to know whether it was historical fiction, a thriller of mind games and soul games... I wouldn't know. A good thing.

(You do mean Mea Culpa, yes?[/i]

--

(Well, a fancy that just struck me...) Silence, Sung
ex umbris et imaginibus in veritatem

"There is adventure in simply being among those we love, and among the things we love -- and beauty, too."
-Lloyd Alexander

2058 Reviews

Sun Jan 14, 2007 3:20 am
Emerson says...

(yeah, meant Mea. But I type too quickly)

I like it. Mostly because it reminds me of a Thoushaltnot song, "let your silence sing" it also had a magic quality to it... The fact that "sung" is in the past tense makes it really....I get the feeling everything is already over, something bad has happened, and you can't change it. The past tense is so dark for me XD

Bare
“It's necessary to have wished for death in order to know how good it is to live.”

701 Reviews

Reviews: 701
Sun Jan 14, 2007 10:14 am
bubblewrapped says...

Hmm. I get kind of a weird first impression from that one -- it sounds like what it means: simple and bold, no pretensions. On the other hand, it also feels kind of exposed. Depending on the genre/cover art, I'd probably have a glance at the back if I was feeling daring.

Elsewhere.
Got a poem or short story you want me to critique?

There is only one success: to be able to spend your life in your own way, and not to give others absurd maddening claims upon it. (C D Morley)

2058 Reviews

Sun Jan 14, 2007 3:40 pm
View Likes
Emerson says...

Sound interesting. Makes you think of opposites. Could be a drama, or a horror. Anything, really...although, maybe not a romance.

I'd pick it up.

Je Te Veux

29 Reviews

Reviews: 29
Sun Jan 14, 2007 3:47 pm
View Likes
The Jesseble says...

I think that that means 'I Want You' but then my french translation is rather rusty. My first impression is romance XD, because everyone says that French is the most romantic language (though i think italian is more so *grins*).

If you left the title in english, it would appear to be kind of creepy, like some thriller with a stalker involved.

But with the francais touch...it appears more romantic.

Silver bonds
***The Jesseble***

Cheese Hat

614 Reviews

Reviews: 614
Sun Jan 14, 2007 4:39 pm
Swires says...

Maybe a tad too passive, not hitting enough. Although there is an element of intrigue.

Space, Time and Nuclear War
Previously known as "Phorcys"
Witherwings Harry Potter RPG

55 Reviews

Sun Jan 14, 2007 8:20 pm
Shafter says...

Sounds like a nonfiction political book or something. I wouldn't pick it up, but I assure you that it's only because that's not my kind of book.

Lethal Ice Cream and Other Stories
Got YWS?

657 Reviews

Reviews: 657
Sun Jan 14, 2007 8:35 pm
Jennafina says...

It sounds like a book for elementary school age kids, with short stories in simple prose. A children's book with humor and mystery. I'd pick it up, I love chlidren's books.

You Are Drowing
Jennafina's Love Your Body Already Dammit Campaign

forum353.html

(To find out what it really is, just click.)

411 Reviews

Reviews: 411
Tue Jan 16, 2007 10:53 am
Sohini says...

give me a truly sinking feeling that it would be a distressing tale about finless fishes.i would not pick it up unless i'm in a mood to go fishing.

Phantasmagoria
Calvin : You can't just turn on creativity like a faucet. You have to be in the right mood.
Hobbes : What mood is that?
Calvin : Last-minute panic.

571 Reviews

Reviews: 571
Tue Jan 16, 2007 11:56 am
Esmé says...

Hm... Something about fantasy? Magic? Science Fiction? Its a mouthful, don't know if I could ever get myself to actually say the title out loud, lol.

The Trickster's Choice

820 Reviews

Reviews: 820
Tue Jan 16, 2007 12:04 pm
Myth says...

It sounds like titles by Juliet McKenna and I think it involves a troublemaker getting what he/she deserves and then he/she decides it is time to get serious about the next prank.

.:

Are You Me?
.: ₪ :.

'...'

55 Reviews

Tue Jan 16, 2007 4:34 pm
Shafter says...

Sounds like some sort of psychological literary story exploring life. Depending on the cover art, I might pick it up.

(Oh drat, I have to post a title, don't I?)

All's Well that Ends in Chocolate
Got YWS?

2058 Reviews

Tue Jan 16, 2007 9:23 pm
Emerson says...

Sounds like a silly kids book. Or a some for of pop fiction. I probably wouldn't read it.

When Nothing Ends

Stop being mean to your self-insert character, you're just being mean to yourself.
— WeepingWisteria