z

Young Writers Society

What would YOU do?

11 Reviews

Reviews: 11
Wed Oct 17, 2007 1:33 am
logosgal says...

Since I'm homeschooled, my English teacher would be my mom. So I don't know what I'd do. Probably just cry. For a long time. Then maybe I'd go live with a friend or something.

WWYD if every TV station in the world was playing the most annoying movie on Earth over and over and over without stopping, even for commercials, without any signs of letting up?
Home is where the books are.

504 Reviews

Reviews: 504
Wed Oct 17, 2007 1:39 am
Dream Deep says...

I'd kill the television set and lunge for the Dostoyevsky.

What would you do if your Dostoyevsky copies were no more, hmmm?

280 Reviews

Reviews: 280
Wed Oct 17, 2007 2:43 pm
Sumi H. Inkblot says...

Hmm. I'd go find a copy of the cliff's notes for "Crime and Punishment" just to see how it ends, 'cause I'm not reading it now. XD

A thundercloud hangs above your head. What do you do?
ohmeohmy

11 Reviews

Reviews: 11
Wed Oct 17, 2007 3:09 pm
logosgal says...

Hmm. Irrigate the desert?

...Er, actually, probably find a ditch to hide from the lightening.

What would you do if a giant lava monster asked you for a kazoo as a present for his [its?] nephew's 9th birthday?
Home is where the books are.

5 Reviews

Reviews: 5
Wed Oct 17, 2007 6:17 pm
MiwaKi says...

I would wake up, try very hard to remember everything I ate the day before, and resolve never to eat those things ever again.

What would you do if someone did something really, really awful specifically because of something that you'd written, that got published?
-Ki

"It's a truly rare man in this world, who can forgive those who hate him so easily from his heart. I wish they were all like you." - Old Man, KNF

9 Reviews

Reviews: 9
Fri Nov 09, 2007 11:18 am
Shadeslayer says...

I would Ignore them, it's just one person.
or if i got a number of those awful things i would reply to them to tell me what is specifically annoying them, then i would do my best to fix it.

If you had a choice of writing a famous series of books or have a large house with lots of cool cars which would you pick?

( i ask this question to see if you get pleasure from writing or just write to get rich)

Reviews: 1
Fri Dec 07, 2007 1:34 am
themagickeeper says...

Definately writing a famous series of books. I'd like the satisfaction of knowing that people enjoy reading my stuff. Plus you can get rich off having a good series of books. Look at JK Rowling she is rich that the Queen!

What would you do if you found that time had stood still?
Sally: [singing] I'm Susan the happy trotting elf! I trot and trot and bounce and bounce and smile a lot and that's what counts! I'm Susan the happy trotting smile a lotting elf! I'm polite so just for clarity, when I'm cross I say "Apparently!"

69 Reviews

Reviews: 69
Mon Dec 10, 2007 7:50 pm
Tamora says...

I'd wonder what the time was at the moment, and laugh at how stupid I was to realise that the sun wasn't moving at all.

WWYD if you found out that you were living in the world of your latest novel, and that it was ending up that it was autobiographical.
It is an established fact that, despite everything society can do, girls of seven are magnetically attracted to the colour pink.
- Terry Pratchett, "Monstrous Regiment"

126 Reviews

Reviews: 126
Mon Dec 10, 2007 10:26 pm
Bjorn says...

Well I should like to die the beautiful and spiritually uplifting and noble death (so says the optimist who wrote it) I have prepared for my character, and as the initial stages of depression he has experienced are based more or less informally on my own, I am fully prepared for it.

How would you feel if you had awoken one day only to realize, with alarming bemusity, that you had become a celestial sphere (though a sentient one)? (No, this question was not inspired by L'Engle's 'A Wrinkle In Time'... But that's the reverse anyway).
Killing For Peace Is Like F#@%ing For Chastity
Revolucija Je Sada! Revolucija Je Stobom I Svima! Revolucija Je Uvijek-Zivi Uz Revolucije I Budite Slobodni!

504 Reviews

Mon Dec 10, 2007 10:35 pm
Dream Deep says...

I get the impression that I would feel horrifically, overwhelmingly bored. Not much a celestial sphere can do, you know? No opposable thumbs. ^_^

What would you do if you were suddenly snapped forward in time by a couple hundred years in time and found yourself stranded in the middle of a high-speed thoroughfare for flying cars?

816 Reviews

Reviews: 816
Mon Dec 10, 2007 10:39 pm
Leja says...

The first thing that came to my mind: shout "Cool!" and then go shopping XD but actually, I think I would first go and fine a newspaper.

What would you do if your cat started talking to you?

504 Reviews

Mon Dec 10, 2007 10:42 pm
Dream Deep says...

In all honesty? Stare stupidly for a few moments. Pick him up and hug him, probably. Tell him I love him. Wait for him to reply in exasperation, "Yes, I love you, too, now get off me." Because I am oh so original, and not at all obsessive about the animals under my care... and when I was through hugging him, I'd call up the nearest psych ward and inquire about schizophrenia...

What would you do if you found yourself in the world of a 70's concept album?

130 Reviews

Reviews: 130
Wed Dec 19, 2007 3:35 am
scotty.knows says...

I would wonder why there were flowers growing everywhere and why marijuana fumes were clouding my vision. Once I realized what had happened, I would go to sleep and wake up in about 30 years, because that kind of thing is completely possible in 70's-concept-land.

What would you do if a homicidal psycho came into your classroom at school and started shooting?
'Merikuh!

245 Reviews

Reviews: 245
Fri Jan 04, 2008 3:15 am
Firearris says...

Fall down and pretend to be dead so he wouldn't shoot me.

What would you do if a wolf came at you?
[Griffinkeeper] 10:45 pm: The guard appears "We have weasels now!"
[Firearris] 10:45 pm: askes the guard for the weasel!
[Griffinkeeper] 10:45 pm: The guard gives Firearris the Weasel.
[Firearris] 10:46 pm: aquires the weasel and renames it "Cat"

Take that, Lumi.

130 Reviews

Reviews: 130
Tue Jan 15, 2008 4:11 am
scotty.knows says...

Go for its throat-the weak point on a wolf- with my knife.

Incidentally, one of my neighbors was attacked by a Canadian Timber Wolf 3 weeks ago. Scary, huh? That's what I get for living in Idaho.

What would you do if you found out you had magical powers and no-one else knew?
'Merikuh!

The illiterate of the 21st century will not be those who cannot read and write, but those who cannot learn, unlearn, and relearn.
— Alvin Toffler