z

Young Writers Society

Make Up The Worst Possible Opening Line Ever

1464 Reviews

Reviews: 1464
Fri Dec 12, 2008 10:54 pm
Juniper says...

No! "Once upon a time," is the worst ever.
"I'd steal somebody's purse if I could google it and then download it." -- Firestarter

181 Reviews

Reviews: 181
Sat Dec 13, 2008 2:35 am
Gahks says...

Once upon a time, everyone died.
"Don't bother just to be better than your contemporaries or predecessors. Try to be better than yourself." William Faulkner.

Do you do poetry? Check out Poetry Inspiration over in Groups!

78 Reviews

Reviews: 78
Sat Dec 13, 2008 2:49 am
thefireinmeisJC says...

I don't believe that there's actually a such thing as a really bad opening line because the more you make it "bad" the more the reader wants to read on to see WHY you are trying to make it sound horrible. I think....
There's such things as bad openings though.
Or maybe I'm just over analyzing things. Or maybe this is just a weird question. Either one is fine with me. The End.
Give hugs not bombs or whatever that saying says

141 Reviews

Reviews: 141
Sat Dec 13, 2008 5:53 am
Firestalker says...

This is the beginning of the book of blank pages, please read the blank pages. Read it orr you will be cursed, bye!!!!!!!!!!!
--
Who is not Insane one man ask, the answer being a fool.
Are you Insane the same man asks, - "Oh yes!. The Mad Hatter being saner!"

203 Reviews

Reviews: 203
Sat Dec 13, 2008 6:56 am
October Girl says...

once upon a time there was a princess, she was ugly aand well.... ugly yeah and unm she met a prince and then they moved into this invisble castle which they kept running into since it was invisble and like then they got a Bunny and it like ate them. And they lived happily ever after in the bunny's stomach, until the bunny pooped them out.

THE END

**the last five mintues of your life is not refundable, I am not responsible for any cause of injury or annoyance, and if your becoming blinder and blinder each second, it's tempory and will wear off, I hope**
We're meant to be one
I know we are...
If I am the Sky
Then you are my star... ™

8 Reviews

Reviews: 8
Sat Dec 13, 2008 6:44 pm
jenna says...

If you faint at the mention of blood, or are one of those people who will have to be taken to the hospital or psychocoligist when one of my characters gets harmed, you should probably stop reading, because on page 241, Bob, Fred, and Sally all die and Regina falls off a cliff.. but keep reading anyway because you never know what will happen!
"Face the sun and never see shadows again" <3.

13 Reviews

Reviews: 13
Sat Dec 13, 2008 7:05 pm
thatannagirl says...

If you don't send this book to twenty people you will never meet your true love! And you'll be cursed for two years! So... yeah... hurry!
Writing is a socially acceptable form of schizophrenia. ~E.L. Doctorow

181 Reviews

Sun Dec 14, 2008 8:56 pm
Gahks says...

This book died while it was being written. Thus, please return it the store whence you bought it to obtain a full refund.
"Don't bother just to be better than your contemporaries or predecessors. Try to be better than yourself." William Faulkner.

181 Reviews

Sun Dec 14, 2008 8:57 pm
Gahks says...

WARNING: For masochists, condom wearers and Bee Gees impersonators, this novel may not be suitable for you.

58 Reviews

Reviews: 58
Tue Dec 16, 2008 8:23 am
LilyJamey says...

I jumped off a cliff and died. The End. Or is that the beginning? Oh, it's the beginning of the end. But the end has no beginning. Ok, I'll tell the story from the beginning. Once upon a time, there was a me, and I died. The End.

That sound like me. Yeah.
Got YWS?

181 Reviews

Sat Dec 20, 2008 12:23 am
Gahks says...

Once upon a time, there was a big dragon with a big heart who lived in a big city next door to a big cat who made friends with a big mouse... etc. etc.

62 Reviews

Reviews: 62
Sat Dec 20, 2008 12:34 am
happy-go-lucky says...

I have two!!!!

"I sometimes wonder why this even got published - the ending's a real disappointment..."

And:

"This book consists of 104730284058398504830 and a half pages on the life and times of that earth worm you stood on earlier."
"A dreamer is one who can only find his way by moonlight, and his punishment is that he sees the dawn before the rest of the world"
- Oscar Wilde

181 Reviews

Sat Dec 20, 2008 12:58 am
View Likes
Gahks says...

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrggggggggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

181 Reviews

Sat Dec 20, 2008 12:59 am
Gahks says...

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrggggggggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

37 Reviews

Reviews: 37
Sat Dec 20, 2008 3:12 am
Winter's Twelfth Night says...

Two households, both alike in dignity. (In fair Verona, where we lay our scene), from ancient grudge break to new mutiny, where civil blood makes civil- wait, what? What did you say? You say you've read this line before? You say you've heard it spoken on stage? Well you are wrong. You have never heard this line before. And you have never read it either. It is brand new and this is the first story in which it has been printed. Anyway, back to the prologue...
Mamillius: Merry or sad shall’t be?
Hermione: As merry as you will.
Mamillius: A sad tale’s best for winter. I have one
Of sprites and goblins.

The Winter's Tale

In a hole in the ground there lived a hobbit. Not a nasty, dirty, wet hole, filled with the ends of worms and an oozy smell, nor yet a dry, bare, sandy hole with nothing in it to sit down on or to eat: it was a hobbit-hole, and that means comfort.
— JRR Tolkien