z

Young Writers Society

Character Conversations

19 Reviews

Reviews: 19
Thu Aug 04, 2005 8:13 am
hawk says...

Elle smiles slightly in the fading light. Was it the labret ring, the small cut on her cheek, or the way her eyes seemed to settle on someone, strangely still? The light was disappearing over the ocean, so it was difficult to see their faces.

"If you don't want to..."
"Meanwhile everyone wants to breathe and nobody can; and many say, 'We will breathe later.' And most of them don’t die because they are already dead." -- Graffiti of the events of May, Paris '68

172 Reviews

Reviews: 172
Thu Aug 04, 2005 9:31 am
Shadow Knight says...

The young man continued walking back and forth along the beach, and looked at the man with the M-16 Assault rifle on his back, he wondered what a military man was doing here, but ignored him for now
Cause i'm a one man,
I'm a one man,
I'm a one man,
I'm a one man revolution.

147 Reviews

Reviews: 147
Thu Aug 04, 2005 4:40 pm
sabradan says...

Ari put the picture back in his pocket, and kneeled down to play with the dog that was bounding towards him.
"He who takes a life...it is as if he has destroyed an entire world....but he who saves one life, it is as if he has saved the world entire" Talmud Sanhedrin 4:5

!Hasta la victoria siempre! (Always, until Victory!)
-Ernesto "Che" Guevarra

683 Reviews

Reviews: 683
Thu Aug 04, 2005 4:50 pm
Emma says...

She looks round to see where her dog went to, and sees a man with a gun on his back pet her dog, her heart stops, a man with a gun, kneeling down to her beloved Molly? Ha, no chance.

"Molly! Here NOW!!" She calls,

But of course, the stupid dog as she is, Molly carries on playing with the man, getting a stick and trying to shove it into the mans hand. She looks back at the girl with the bottle and smiles.

"I'll come, if they two come as well, I hate going to parties and such by my self," She answers,

She looks at the other two with a small puppy dog look on her face. Before she would go to the party she would be able to drop off her dog at her house, it wasn't far actually, it near the beach houses. She could drop it off and get away from the man. Her dad had always said never to trust a guy with a gun, even if he's a solider or what ever.

147 Reviews

Thu Aug 04, 2005 4:57 pm
sabradan says...

The dog kept shoving a stick into Ari's hand. As it did so, it noticed it wasn't a stray, as he'd originally thought. He noticed the collar. He moved his hand along the collar to find its tags, and found them, and noticed they were in English.

"Heh. Must be a tourists' dog. Good thing I took English in school," he thought to himself, as he read the tags.

"C'mon, Molly," he said, "lets go find your owners."
At this moment he noticed a cluster of kids slightly younger than he was, and one of whom was glancing around frantically. He walked towards them and called, "Excuse me, is this your dog?"
"He who takes a life...it is as if he has destroyed an entire world....but he who saves one life, it is as if he has saved the world entire" Talmud Sanhedrin 4:5

-Ernesto "Che" Guevarra

683 Reviews

Thu Aug 04, 2005 5:55 pm
Emma says...

Emma stares at the man, who is with her dog Molly. She nods taking in Molly, holding onto her collar to put on her lead.

"Erm.. Yeah," She answers the guy,

798 Reviews

Reviews: 798
Thu Aug 04, 2005 6:00 pm
Areida says...

"How long have you had her?" the girl asks suddenly.

The girl usually doesn't like crowds, but these people aren't making her uneasy. A quick glance at the disappearing sun tells her she doesn't have long.
Got YWS?

"Most of us have far more courage than we ever dreamed we possessed."
- Dale Carnegie

Random avatar

Reviews: 32
Thu Aug 04, 2005 6:10 pm
J. Wilder says...

Hawk, just so you know you're only supposed to write what your character says and then wait for the other people to write what their characters say.

The blond boy glances at the military guy, then turns back and spits in the sand. He looks back at the girls and shrugs.

"I wouldn't mind going to that party."

683 Reviews

Thu Aug 04, 2005 6:21 pm
Emma says...

Emma smiles, happy that she isn't really going alone, she takes a glance at the man with the gun and up the hilly part of the beach where her house stands near by

"I need to drop Molly off at my house, is that ok?" She asks,
Last edited by Emma on Thu Aug 04, 2005 6:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

798 Reviews

Reviews: 798
Thu Aug 04, 2005 6:21 pm
Areida says...

The girl is feeling rebellious. She's sneaked out, smoked, and talked to people her parents would definitely not approve of.

"You guys want to?" she asks the group, then sets off in the direction of the party without waiting for an answer.
Got YWS?

"Most of us have far more courage than we ever dreamed we possessed."
- Dale Carnegie

683 Reviews

Thu Aug 04, 2005 6:41 pm
Emma says...

"I.. Erm.. I'll be right back!" She says,

Emma then runs up the hilly bit, past the party area with her dog running ahead of her. Two minutes later she is back, puffed out by running, in her hand is some money and a twix, already the first chocolate bar is gone from the packet. Of course she'd need chocolate and money, she didn't even bother telling her family where she went, her mum didn't really care. And she never has. She looks and sees that the girl with the blond haired guy had walked up to the party bit. She glances at the blond guy and the other girl.

"Come on then!" She says,

147 Reviews

Thu Aug 04, 2005 6:50 pm
sabradan says...

"You guys aren't from around here are you," Ari asks, smiling slightly. "These beach parties are okay, but they usually get busted by eight o clock," he said to the group of teenagers. "Erm, hi, my name's Ari ben-Ami, but my freinds call me Ari. What's you're names?" He extends his free hand out in a handshake gesture.

-Ernesto "Che" Guevarra

14 Reviews

Reviews: 14
Thu Aug 04, 2005 6:58 pm
bard_of_life says...

A short kid of about thirteen grabs the outstretched hand and shakes it enthusiastically. "Hi, I'm Joe Dartman, and this pretty little lady next to me is Johanna," he says, still shaking Ari's hand. after Ari gets his hand free she says "pleased to meet you."

I kno, new paragraph for a new speaker but... and i kno one character as well.
WHERE THE HELL IS MY MUSE???

147 Reviews

Thu Aug 04, 2005 7:10 pm
sabradan says...

"Pleased to meet you, Joe, Johanna," Ari said enthusiastically. "Where are you from? I know you aren't locals," Ari said smiling. Ari pulls the pack of Marlboros out of his fatigues pocket and offers to the others before he takes another for himself and lights it.

-Ernesto "Che" Guevarra

7 Reviews

Reviews: 7
Thu Aug 04, 2005 7:23 pm
scintillation says...

Watching the group of people is the middle-aged man, except now he is hidden behind a huge tuft of grass which is bordering the beach. His eyes wander between the individuals, before he identifies his subject. Snapping a mini digital camera out of his watertight bag, he hurriedly takes a picture.

Personally he feels sorry for the girl. How would she react if she found out that her mother had a private detective following her? At least he'd have some proof now, that he had been following her. Boy was that woman hard to please...
-Nothing, like something, can happen anywhere.

Words are pale shadows of forgotten names. As names have power, words have power. Words can light fires in the minds of men. Words can wring tears from the hardest hearts.
— Patrick Rothfuss, The Name of the Wind